How much are you earning per annum? - Page 1174 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




How much are you earning per annum?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #11731 (permalink)  
Old 27-06-2019, 11:55 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
My spouse and I are thinking of retiring in a less developed and cheaper country. Thailand and Malaysia come to mind. We quite like KL as we have family and friends there and most people can speak English. Penang is also possible.

When we retire at 55, our children will be working and living in their own BTO flat. We can then rent out our Singapore home to professional FTs and their family. If we rent out at S$2500 pm, we can then get RM7,500 pm after currency conversion.

We will spend on:
KL condo rental RM2,000 pm
Food and groceries RM1,000 pm
Transport and utilities RM1,000 pm
Medical and entertainment RM1,000 pm
Holidays and miscellaneous RM1,000 pm
Total expenses RM6,000 pm
Savings RM1,500 pm

When we reach 65, we will get an extra S$4,000 pm (RM12,000 pm) from our CPF Life. We can then rent a more posh prime property in KL for RM5,000 pm and enjoy holidays to Europe. As well as saving more.


Not sure of retiring in JB though. Is it safe to retire in JB? Whatís your opinion?
Depends on the quality of your wife. If ugly confirm safe. If chio you better rethinks.



Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills


SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android


SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go


SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app
Reply With Quote
  #11732 (permalink)  
Old 29-06-2019, 03:59 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Very well thought out retirement plan. This shows our policies are excellent.

1. Our HDB flat allows us to rent out when we retire.
2. Our CPF Life provides annuity.

The only problem is if there are not enough FTs to rent our flat. There are people saying we should cut the number of FTs working here. This is bad for retirees who need to rent out their rooms and flat for rental income. We need more FTs as our retirees is getting more and more every year. Oversupply of property is bad for retirees.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
My spouse and I are thinking of retiring in a less developed and cheaper country. Thailand and Malaysia come to mind. We quite like KL as we have family and friends there and most people can speak English. Penang is also possible.

When we retire at 55, our children will be working and living in their own BTO flat. We can then rent out our Singapore home to professional FTs and their family. If we rent out at S$2500 pm, we can then get RM7,500 pm after currency conversion.

We will spend on:
KL condo rental RM2,000 pm
Food and groceries RM1,000 pm
Transport and utilities RM1,000 pm
Medical and entertainment RM1,000 pm
Holidays and miscellaneous RM1,000 pm
Total expenses RM6,000 pm
Savings RM1,500 pm

When we reach 65, we will get an extra S$4,000 pm (RM12,000 pm) from our CPF Life. We can then rent a more posh prime property in KL for RM5,000 pm and enjoy holidays to Europe. As well as saving more.

Not sure of retiring in JB though. Is it safe to retire in JB? Whatís your opinion?


Reply With Quote
  #11733 (permalink)  
Old 01-07-2019, 12:09 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
The only problem is if there are not enough FTs to rent our flat. There are people saying we should cut the number of FTs working here. This is bad for retirees who need to rent out their rooms and flat for rental income. We need more FTs as our retirees is getting more and more every year. Oversupply of property is bad for retirees.
As a fresh grad in Singapore, thanks for helping increase all the housing prices till the point where we need 100 months of 3.5k salary just to pay off a 4 room BTO in punggol

at least the cooling measures are helping a little.

Reply With Quote
  #11734 (permalink)  
Old 06-07-2019, 09:14 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

We are currently 50 and 47 years old. Our total household income is $160k pa. We are debt free. We own a paid up big car (more than 2000 cc) and go for overseas holidays twice a year. We eat at expensive restaurants occasionally. We enjoy the good life.

We plan to retire in 2025 in our fully paid up 3 bedroom condo unit. By 2025, we should have about $600k cash, enough for us to retire in our current condo home without the need to downgrade.

We will set aside the most $4k pm for our retirement expenses over the ten years from 55 to 65 years old, after taking inflation into consideration. This amounts to the most $480k. $4k pm is more than what we need in our retirement years. We will still have some savings after the ten years.

Our expected expenses per month (for two retired persons) will be:

Food, groceries, utilities, condo fees, internet, mobile phone $1500
Public transport $100
Medical fees & insurance $800
Holidays (pro rated) $400
Misc $700
Total $3500 pm ($42k pa)

We are heavily insured so that we don't have to worry about any big medical expenses in our old age.

Our CPF Life annuity (ERS) will give us passive income of $48k pa ($4k pm) starting from age 65 until we die.

We are very happy with our success. We came from humble backgrounds, worked very hard in school and at work and have successfully upgraded from a HDB flat to a modern luxury 3 bedroom private condominium.

We are contented and feel very fortunate and grateful to be in the top 5% of Singapore's society social economic status. To fully own and retire in a 3 bedroom condo unit is a big achievement in Singapore.

We have achieved the Singapore Dream.
Reply With Quote
  #11735 (permalink)  
Old 06-07-2019, 10:37 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

80k pa at 29. However long hours of average 55 per week.
Any thoughts on how to increase my income? Or any advice appreciated.
Reply With Quote
  #11736 (permalink)  
Old 06-07-2019, 10:39 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Very well thought out retirement plan. This shows our policies are excellent.

1. Our HDB flat allows us to rent out when we retire.
2. Our CPF Life provides annuity.

The only problem is if there are not enough FTs to rent our flat. There are people saying we should cut the number of FTs working here. This is bad for retirees who need to rent out their rooms and flat for rental income. We need more FTs as our retirees is getting more and more every year. Oversupply of property is bad for retirees.
Then donít retire la. Work till die
Reply With Quote

  #11737 (permalink)  
Old 07-07-2019, 12:56 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
80k pa at 29. However long hours of average 55 per week.
Any thoughts on how to increase my income? Or any advice appreciated.
55 Hours per week, sounds like finance industry? Most straightforward way is to jump to a competitor. If not, then is the usual invest in REITs and collect dividends lor.
Reply With Quote
  #11738 (permalink)  
Old 07-07-2019, 12:58 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
55 Hours per week, sounds like finance industry? Most straightforward way is to jump to a competitor. If not, then is the usual invest in REITs and collect dividends lor.
Need to work on weekends?
Reply With Quote
  #11739 (permalink)  
Old 07-07-2019, 12:59 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Very well thought out retirement plan. This shows our policies are excellent.

1. Our HDB flat allows us to rent out when we retire.
2. Our CPF Life provides annuity.

The only problem is if there are not enough FTs to rent our flat. There are people saying we should cut the number of FTs working here. This is bad for retirees who need to rent out their rooms and flat for rental income. We need more FTs as our retirees is getting more and more every year. Oversupply of property is bad for retirees.
This is good for younger people in SG. If not, people will have to inherit their parents HDB in order to own homes. You can always sell your unit to get the money out.
Reply With Quote
  #11740 (permalink)  
Old 07-07-2019, 01:00 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Need to work on weekends?
jumping to a competitor?

Go to one that don't work on weekends lor...... i don't really get what you mean.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
bond, bond breaking, income pa, lawyer, saf

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Industries with Highest Proportion Earning 5-Figure Monthly Income Salary.sg Income and Jobs 25 23-04-2021 10:40 PM
Lawyer earning $25k/mth forged $65k payslip to get job Salary.sg Income and Jobs 2 30-12-2011 02:42 PM

» 30 Recent Threads
GIC (Government of Singapore... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
320 Replies, 433,055 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
12,220 Replies, 7,069,844 Views
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,040 Replies, 1,114,273 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,776 Replies, 2,351,195 Views
Career as Insurance Agent - HR are...
2 Replies, 1,758 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
12,816 Replies, 4,238,331 Views
HDB (under MND) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
447 Replies, 353,339 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,812 Replies, 1,614,735 Views
GovTech ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
407 Replies, 286,272 Views
Cybersecurity/Info security career ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
75 Replies, 21,735 Views
Compilation of MAs/Analysts Gross... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
701 Replies, 163,260 Views
How rich/poor am I compared to... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
68 Replies, 62,086 Views
How much do you earn and save? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
282 Replies, 87,618 Views
How much does influencers make... ( 1 2)
10 Replies, 3,365 Views
Hospital (Private or Public)... ( 1 2 3)
28 Replies, 13,717 Views
ICA (under Home Affairs) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
107 Replies, 160,286 Views
IMDA (under MCI) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
87 Replies, 45,489 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,480 Replies, 1,311,289 Views
advice
3 Replies, 290 Views
DSTA (under Mindef) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
978 Replies, 700,534 Views
ST Electronics ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,277 Replies, 512,538 Views
MAS for Mid Career Professionals ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
440 Replies, 243,009 Views
Marsh Graduate Development Program ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
80 Replies, 31,544 Views
Anyone work for Casino (RWS/MBS) ?... ( 1 2 3)
28 Replies, 24,888 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,884 Replies, 2,396,078 Views
Our Children's Future in Singapore
2 Replies, 1,812 Views
Anyone jobless for a long time... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,046 Replies, 1,271,547 Views
Engineer Pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
269 Replies, 111,016 Views
Work culture in IHiS ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
124 Replies, 122,294 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 02:35 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2