How is life as a doctor in Singapore? - Page 73 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




How is life as a doctor in Singapore?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #721 (permalink)  
Old 04-08-2019, 02:46 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Depends. Essentially they gave all mos the 500 dollars clinical allowance for post grad qualifications like Mrcp/mrcs
However if you already have Mrcp and was already receiving the clinical allowance before, then no pay rise
What's the reason they are doing that? Is that a good thing or a bad thing?

Reply With Quote
  #722 (permalink)  
Old 05-08-2019, 07:19 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
What's the reason they are doing that? Is that a good thing or a bad thing?
Good for those without MRCP bad for those with MRCP

Reply With Quote
  #723 (permalink)  
Old 17-08-2019, 02:08 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Would like some advice here.
I am currently a mo, planning to be gp in the future. I am still bonded to mohh (3 more years). I was wondering if it is worth taking the risk to go locum during my weekends/evening?

I would think that doing locum will be a great experience (and financial boost) and perhaps would increase my employbility in the future when I do leave mohh into gp land
However I am afraid that if I get caught, mohh may terminate my contract, and that I may be forced to pay back my bond (which at the moment is 200k plus)

Any advice from people in similar shoes? (I have full registration BTW)

Reply With Quote
  #724 (permalink)  
Old 17-08-2019, 02:33 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Would like some advice here.
I am currently a mo, planning to be gp in the future. I am still bonded to mohh (3 more years). I was wondering if it is worth taking the risk to go locum during my weekends/evening?

I would think that doing locum will be a great experience (and financial boost) and perhaps would increase my employbility in the future when I do leave mohh into gp land
However I am afraid that if I get caught, mohh may terminate my contract, and that I may be forced to pay back my bond (which at the moment is 200k plus)

Any advice from people in similar shoes? (I have full registration BTW)
You've answered your own question.Need we say more?? If something is not right, any justification is merely finding excuses.
Reply With Quote
  #725 (permalink)  
Old 17-08-2019, 09:36 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Lowly MO here. How on earth does a non-procedural neurologist like Dr Gobinathan Devathasan earn more than $30 million from practising?? Is there something amiss?
s://.straitstimes.com/singapore/doc-must-now-pay-313m-in-updated-divorce-tally-canadian-court
Reply With Quote
  #726 (permalink)  
Old 18-08-2019, 02:36 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Lowly MO here. How on earth does a non-procedural neurologist like Dr Gobinathan Devathasan earn more than $30 million from practising?? Is there something amiss?
s://.straitstimes.com/singapore/doc-must-now-pay-313m-in-updated-divorce-tally-canadian-court
Neurology is actually very procedural if you keep update to with the newest esoteric literature. I don't mean conventional interventional neurology like mainstream endovascular clot retrieval in thrombotic stroke. More of You can always offer therapeutic transcranial ultrasound for Alzheimer's and charge a good sum but be careful when the council calls upon you
Reply With Quote

  #727 (permalink)  
Old 26-08-2019, 12:25 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Would like some advice here.
I am currently a mo, planning to be gp in the future. I am still bonded to mohh (3 more years). I was wondering if it is worth taking the risk to go locum during my weekends/evening?

I would think that doing locum will be a great experience (and financial boost) and perhaps would increase my employbility in the future when I do leave mohh into gp land
However I am afraid that if I get caught, mohh may terminate my contract, and that I may be forced to pay back my bond (which at the moment is 200k plus)

Any advice from people in similar shoes? (I have full registration BTW)
All the MOs locum when they go back to serve their NS. It is worth taking the risk.
Reply With Quote
  #728 (permalink)  
Old 26-08-2019, 03:25 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
All the MOs locum when they go back to serve their NS. It is worth taking the risk.
I know it may be common for mo to locum during ns. Question is do they locum after ord.
Reply With Quote
  #729 (permalink)  
Old 28-08-2019, 09:27 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Hello guys/girls, I'm new here and I have a question regarding working in Singapore/Australia.

Right now I'm an attending consultant in Internal Medicine in India (going to be promoted to associated consultant next march). I finished my MD in Internal Medicine in 2015 in India (my university is not on the Singapore MOH list). I completed my MSC in Clinical Neurology from Sheffield, UK in 2018. I'm starting to do my MRCP next march. I'm thinking about moving abroad, either to Singapore or Australia. Which choice is better, time-wise? Which country will be easier for me to apply to and getting a job?
Reply With Quote
  #730 (permalink)  
Old 30-08-2019, 12:46 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello guys/girls, I'm new here and I have a question regarding working in Singapore/Australia.

Right now I'm an attending consultant in Internal Medicine in India (going to be promoted to associated consultant next march). I finished my MD in Internal Medicine in 2015 in India (my university is not on the Singapore MOH list). I completed my MSC in Clinical Neurology from Sheffield, UK in 2018. I'm starting to do my MRCP next march. I'm thinking about moving abroad, either to Singapore or Australia. Which choice is better, time-wise? Which country will be easier for me to apply to and getting a job?
Australia much better life
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What happened to Life Sciences? Salary.sg Education and Personal Growth 50 22-05-2013 12:58 PM
What work-life balance? Salary.sg Income and Jobs 2 02-06-2008 11:48 PM

» 30 Recent Threads
GovTech career grade ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
80 Replies, 84,156 Views
High Finance Thread ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
36 Replies, 3,534 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,825 Replies, 1,216,161 Views
Exxon Mobil Equipment tech or... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,590 Replies, 432,942 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,611 Replies, 1,565,355 Views
Anyone jobless for a long time... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,528 Replies, 883,877 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
8,600 Replies, 4,813,755 Views
Job offer from Apple ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
56 Replies, 8,655 Views
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
842 Replies, 641,659 Views
business analyst
0 Replies, 72 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,656 Replies, 724,860 Views
DSO Fresh Grad pay?
9 Replies, 580 Views
Dso ( 1 2)
17 Replies, 8,752 Views
Working in HDB ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
315 Replies, 227,708 Views
Wrong job fit and bad boss ( 1 2)
15 Replies, 7,122 Views
Roles in accenture singapore ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
279 Replies, 199,475 Views
All about Home Affairs Senior... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
161 Replies, 153,934 Views
Factual Local Bank Salaries - DBS... ( 1 2 3)
27 Replies, 25,513 Views
How much savings do you have? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,270 Replies, 494,863 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
759 Replies, 716,775 Views
Anyone working in NTU... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
83 Replies, 83,691 Views
Job Application with MOE... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
179 Replies, 173,687 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,724 Replies, 1,803,312 Views
SIM-UOL fresh grad starting pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,471 Replies, 1,160,991 Views
working under singhealth ( 1 2 3)
23 Replies, 15,048 Views
anyone working at NCS ? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
302 Replies, 231,462 Views
Queries about Cpib application ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,005 Replies, 423,885 Views
Shopee fresh grad pay ( 1 2)
10 Replies, 1,467 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 02:43 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2