How is life as a doctor in Singapore? - Page 507 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




How is life as a doctor in Singapore?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #5061 (permalink)  
Old 06-04-2023, 06:28 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
True. That is why I am thinking of decoupling to buy another condo. Can live in one and rent one out for passive income. In future, leave one each to my 2 sons as they will not be able to afford private property.

But hubby disagrees as he dislikes condo. Wants a landed
How much is landed these days?
3.5m net worth of which how much is the landed
You live on?
Thats the problem in sg. A lot of the net worth is stuck
In where you live.
So on paper sounds good. High net worth.
In reality less free cash/liquid assets.
And why obsession with landed?
You got maid to clean house etc?
When I am old I dont want to be mowing lawn and cleaning
Big house anymore.
No such thing as cheap maids from 3rd world countries
Where I live now.

Reply With Quote
  #5062 (permalink)  
Old 06-04-2023, 06:32 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
May I know what is the standard pay package for an anchor GP in private in a small chain now? Is there aws, bonus and profit sharing? How many days annual leave usually? Standard 14 days MC and 60 days HL right?

Have an interview coming up and would like to know the market rate to better negotiate.
More than 10 years ago I remember hearing the MOs
At Polyclinic say that MUST take all days of MC.
The MOs tell one another the MC days are their
Entitlement and considefed aa part of leave package
Dont take all the days is lose out.
This sort of thinking is frowned upon in pte sector.
I guess it is ingrained culture in Polyclinic these days?

Reply With Quote
  #5063 (permalink)  
Old 06-04-2023, 06:44 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Thks for yr info. This just confirms that I cannot work in small chains cause I take MC quite often. Will stay where I am then.
Wow. Take 14 days MC plus annual leave. And still got
Profit sharing.

Reply With Quote
  #5064 (permalink)  
Old 06-04-2023, 06:56 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Wow. Take 14 days MC plus annual leave. And still got
Profit sharing.
Yes plus HL too where I work.
Reply With Quote
  #5065 (permalink)  
Old 06-04-2023, 07:03 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
How much is landed these days?
3.5m net worth of which how much is the landed
You live on?
Thats the problem in sg. A lot of the net worth is stuck
In where you live.
So on paper sounds good. High net worth.
In reality less free cash/liquid assets.
And why obsession with landed?
You got maid to clean house etc?
When I am old I dont want to be mowing lawn and cleaning
Big house anymore.
No such thing as cheap maids from 3rd world countries
Where I live now.
We already sold our landed. Now live in a 999 yr 3 plus 1 bedder condo. And have a JB semid. Both fully paid. Can rent out our condo for S$5k and live in JB and retire. I don't have much cash that's true. Only S$200k in cash and investments. Hubby has S$700k in cash investments and OA. Which he can use to decouple with me, then I can also sell my JB landed and buy another condo for rental for S$1.3 mil. So theoretically
we can retire. Many ways to retire. Another way is to sell everything and buy a resale hdb and live off our cash.

Making sure yr networth grows as u age is very important.
Reply With Quote
  #5066 (permalink)  
Old 06-04-2023, 07:04 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Yes plus HL too where I work.
What is HL? Hospitalization Leave?
Reply With Quote

  #5067 (permalink)  
Old 06-04-2023, 07:07 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
What is HL? Hospitalization Leave?
Yep. I take HL twice, all my 14 days MC plus my 14 days annual leave and have bonus, profit sharing and increment. But base pay low cause I conditional.
Reply With Quote
  #5068 (permalink)  
Old 06-04-2023, 07:08 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
We already sold our landed. Now live in a 999 yr 3 plus 1 bedder condo. And have a JB semid. Both fully paid. Can rent out our condo for S$5k and live in JB and retire. I don't have much cash that's true. Only S$200k in cash and investments. Hubby has S$700k in cash investments and OA. Which he can use to decouple with me, then I can also sell my JB landed and buy another condo for rental for S$1.3 mil. So theoretically
we can retire. Many ways to retire. Another way is to sell everything and buy a resale hdb and live off our cash.

Making sure yr networth grows as u age is very important.
Retire in JB?
What does your hubby do? Finance?
Med specialist?
Reply With Quote
  #5069 (permalink)  
Old 06-04-2023, 07:09 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
How much is landed these days?
3.5m net worth of which how much is the landed
You live on?
Thats the problem in sg. A lot of the net worth is stuck
In where you live.
So on paper sounds good. High net worth.
In reality less free cash/liquid assets.
And why obsession with landed?
You got maid to clean house etc?
When I am old I dont want to be mowing lawn and cleaning
Big house anymore.
No such thing as cheap maids from 3rd world countries
Where I live now.
My hubby not me is the one obsessed with freehold landed cause of its capital appreciation potential as land is scarce in Sg and population growing.
Reply With Quote
  #5070 (permalink)  
Old 06-04-2023, 07:10 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
My hubby not me is the one obsessed with freehold landed cause of its capital appreciation potential as land is scarce in Sg and population growing.
Buy 2 landed?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What work-life balance? Salary.sg Income and Jobs 3 04-08-2022 11:49 PM
What happened to Life Sciences? Salary.sg Education and Personal Growth 50 22-05-2013 12:58 PM

» 30 Recent Threads
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
7,161 Replies, 3,308,270 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
10,208 Replies, 6,356,055 Views
DBS tech seed programme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,743 Replies, 1,465,758 Views
GovTech ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,959 Replies, 2,082,789 Views
MAS for Mid Career Professionals ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,740 Replies, 1,005,322 Views
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
14,618 Replies, 4,829,372 Views
Work culture in IHiS ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
700 Replies, 519,200 Views
Roles in accenture singapore ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
7,053 Replies, 2,231,486 Views
Compilation of MAs/Analysts Gross... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,262 Replies, 696,911 Views
Jobs with travel opportunities
6 Replies, 3,532 Views
UOB Management Associate Program ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,264 Replies, 734,661 Views
Factual Local Bank Salaries - DBS... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,720 Replies, 1,337,422 Views
Singapore Airlines ( 1 2)
16 Replies, 8,944 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
16,235 Replies, 12,260,117 Views
HTX (Home Team Science and... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
618 Replies, 314,807 Views
Enterprise Singapore hiriing... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
180 Replies, 221,602 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
6,066 Replies, 3,663,877 Views
ITE (lecturer) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
275 Replies, 377,273 Views
Civil Service Performance Bonus ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,983 Replies, 4,495,905 Views
Anyone work in JPM/GS/Morgan... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
413 Replies, 154,939 Views
ST Electronics ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,638 Replies, 1,486,780 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
5,770 Replies, 4,561,748 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
20,862 Replies, 10,152,838 Views
Salary ranges in Big Tech in...
0 Replies, 273 Views
Micron starting pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
701 Replies, 384,003 Views
Visa Graduate Development Program ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
203 Replies, 125,890 Views
Hospital (Private or Public)... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
746 Replies, 382,846 Views
Shopee fresh grad pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,020 Replies, 421,638 Views
DBS ACE Programme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
105 Replies, 72,019 Views
IMDA (under MCI) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,238 Replies, 584,912 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 11:32 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2