which have a better prospect, business or engineering? - Page 6 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




which have a better prospect, business or engineering?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #51 (permalink)  
Old 20-01-2016, 11:11 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazyplane View Post
I dont wish to get into this debate as i dont think there is anything useful.

However, i do wish to point out that i DISAGREE on such generic statements like "engineering is much more difficult than biz as its logical and maths based but biz is only common sense and some technical terms that you need to know."

It reeks of arrogance especially since you are stating you are from an engineering background.

Maybe you care to logically explain why the highest paid fresh grads are from business schools ? Such companies must not have a lot of common sense right ?
As a double deg grad in Eng and biz, I would say biz is nothing but fluff. And I'm not sure what makes you think employers pay fresh grad based on course difficulty.

Reply With Quote
  #52 (permalink)  
Old 20-01-2016, 11:22 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
You also lor clown
Hello childish, it is time to go to bed. People are here trying their best to give advice to a lost soul. If you are of no help, please dismiss yourself and don't be a keyboard warrior. If you earn a lot, please continue to work hard. If you are just purely jealous in some other form, well go back and study

Reply With Quote
  #53 (permalink)  
Old 21-01-2016, 12:33 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello childish, it is time to go to bed. People are here trying their best to give advice to a lost soul. If you are of no help, please dismiss yourself and don't be a keyboard warrior. If you earn a lot, please continue to work hard. If you are just purely jealous in some other form, well go back and study
Dun big cannon lar. Just a bunch of inexperience nerds arguing over silly things still got cheek to say this is "advice to a lost soul". Simi sai advice u all have after few pages of online squabble?

Reply With Quote
  #54 (permalink)  
Old 21-01-2016, 06:26 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Dun big cannon lar. Just a bunch of inexperience nerds arguing over silly things still got cheek to say this is "advice to a lost soul". Simi sai advice u all have after few pages of online squabble?
From your words I'm very sure you are one of the inexperience probably not doing very well nerd. Well well, I'm not gonna reply anymore keyboard warrior go read more books and earn more money
Reply With Quote
  #55 (permalink)  
Old 21-01-2016, 09:58 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
From your words I'm very sure you are one of the inexperience probably not doing very well nerd. Well well, I'm not gonna reply anymore keyboard warrior go read more books and earn more money
boy boy wake up go to school liao
Reply With Quote
  #56 (permalink)  
Old 21-01-2016, 11:12 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

So in short is a biz or engg degree got a better prospect?
Reply With Quote

  #57 (permalink)  
Old 21-01-2016, 01:19 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
So in short is a biz or engg degree got a better prospect?
In short, as an average poly grad, you should continue with whatever path your Diploma put you on.

Asking about prospects after you are already taking diploma is a retarded move.

If you are any decent engineer, you will want to remain as one.

Typically, it is the cannot make it ones that want to change to business, with the mistaken impression that business is easier.
Reply With Quote
  #58 (permalink)  
Old 21-01-2016, 01:38 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
In short, as an average poly grad, you should continue with whatever path your Diploma put you on.

Asking about prospects after you are already taking diploma is a retarded move.

If you are any decent engineer, you will want to remain as one.

Typically, it is the cannot make it ones that want to change to business, with the mistaken impression that business is easier.
So are you saying the pay and career prospect of engineer is better than biz deg?

I dun really care abt which one easier, there are many ways to get the grades I want for the deg anyway...
Reply With Quote
  #59 (permalink)  
Old 21-01-2016, 04:31 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
So are you saying the pay and career prospect of engineer is better than biz deg?

I dun really care abt which one easier, there are many ways to get the grades I want for the deg anyway...
As an average poly guy, in engineering, you will work earn 3k++ upon graduation and increment 4% every year and no real hope of promotion or promotion also give you 4%.

In biz, you can be the Heng guy that gets an operations role in a bank and earn much more with higher increment, but also got no real hope of promotion.

Or more likely, u will be the suay guy on marketing made to plan events for Christmas Eve and other events, earn 2.4k and stuck there until you get promoted. But promotion will give you a big jump.

In short, getting a biz or eng degree is not a major factor in terms of prospects. It is the internships you do and how you navigate through the job market.
Reply With Quote
  #60 (permalink)  
Old 21-01-2016, 09:20 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
As an average poly guy, in engineering, you will work earn 3k++ upon graduation and increment 4% every year and no real hope of promotion or promotion also give you 4%.

In biz, you can be the Heng guy that gets an operations role in a bank and earn much more with higher increment, but also got no real hope of promotion.

Or more likely, u will be the suay guy on marketing made to plan events for Christmas Eve and other events, earn 2.4k and stuck there until you get promoted. But promotion will give you a big jump.

In short, getting a biz or eng degree is not a major factor in terms of prospects. It is the internships you do and how you navigate through the job market.
er, eng dip fresh grad 3k++???? some nus/ntu fresh grads dont even earn 3k..

biz working in a bank???? majority of my biz friends are working outside banks or even financial sector. i guess you're referring to SIM biz?

marketing planning company events????

engineers promotion 4% while marketing chaps huge promotion increment???

stop confusing ppl here pls
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
NUS Industrial & System Engineering Career Prospect & Salary jklmno Income and Jobs 16 13-03-2017 12:31 AM
Business or Engineering? ngkj Education and Personal Growth 0 08-01-2016 03:44 AM
Prospect and Pay Scale of Business Analyst ? Share your salary pls. happyman Income and Jobs 0 06-06-2013 02:39 PM
SIM business or engineering xxl Income and Jobs 55 09-06-2012 10:14 PM
Prospect of R & D Engineering assistant no1ne Income and Jobs 0 15-07-2011 07:22 PM

» 30 Recent Threads
NCS (SingTel subsidiary) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
967 Replies, 634,957 Views
DBS tech seed programme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,171 Replies, 575,075 Views
Roles in accenture singapore ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,846 Replies, 967,493 Views
Shopee fresh grad pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
516 Replies, 145,033 Views
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
8,330 Replies, 2,428,882 Views
ST Electronics ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,806 Replies, 850,928 Views
Facebook (Meta) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
51 Replies, 10,324 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
17,172 Replies, 6,469,253 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
5,630 Replies, 3,515,645 Views
High Finance Thread ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,169 Replies, 258,054 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
14,241 Replies, 8,938,455 Views
Official 2022 Retrechment thread ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
89 Replies, 10,928 Views
GovTech ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,186 Replies, 861,164 Views
Micron starting pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
451 Replies, 163,769 Views
Jumping into the tech private... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
41 Replies, 7,304 Views
Alibaba
2 Replies, 374 Views
SIM-UOL fresh grad starting pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
6,605 Replies, 2,031,639 Views
Engineer Pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
470 Replies, 243,911 Views
Civil Service Current Estimated... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
127 Replies, 205,695 Views
Compilation of MAs/Analysts Gross... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,062 Replies, 378,465 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,973 Replies, 1,927,813 Views
Changi Airport Group ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
458 Replies, 458,195 Views
Bnp paribas graduate ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
190 Replies, 100,291 Views
Comp Science Frsh Grad Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
632 Replies, 160,854 Views
Open Government Products (under... ( 1 2)
14 Replies, 1,479 Views
2022 Full time/Summer internship... ( 1 2)
17 Replies, 2,657 Views
Civil Service Performance Bonus ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,064 Replies, 2,943,164 Views
Polytechnic lecturer salary range ( 1 2 3)
25 Replies, 79,642 Views
Ex-MOE Teachers ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
231 Replies, 253,948 Views
Band 4 and Band 5 in Standard... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
49 Replies, 70,758 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 07:06 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2