Which company have highest salary? - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




Which company have highest salary?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 03-09-2015, 02:18 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 37
tchen003 is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Which company have highest salary?

hi guys,

I am new to this forum.
I am in my final year now applying for some jobs.
Below are companies that I applied for:
1, British American Tabacco
2,Uliver
3, Aviva
4, DBS
5, Singtel

To be honest I am more caring about the pay haha.
Anyone can give me rough estimation salary bonus of these companies?
Thanks!

Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 03-09-2015, 03:01 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tchen003 View Post
hi guys,

I am new to this forum.
I am in my final year now applying for some jobs.
Below are companies that I applied for:
1, British American Tabacco
2,Uliver
3, Aviva
4, DBS
5, Singtel

To be honest I am more caring about the pay haha.
Anyone can give me rough estimation salary bonus of these companies?
Thanks!
get a few offers first then talk. u really think u gonna get all 5 offers? can get 1 already lucky esp bat & unilever.

if pay is all u want then go for investment banking, they are the ones that can pay a few years bonus.



Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills


SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android


SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go


SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 03-09-2015, 03:37 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 37
tchen003 is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
get a few offers first then talk. u really think u gonna get all 5 offers? can get 1 already lucky esp bat & unilever.

if pay is all u want then go for investment banking, they are the ones that can pay a few years bonus.
Thanks for the reply! :-)
I was summer intern at investment bank and I found that it's almost
impossible to enter front desk with an Engineering Degree.
Plus: even if you go into investment, it could kill you as you have no sleep everyday.
My goal is to find a job whose starting pay is around 4K SGD and with a good future.

May I know more about the pay at BAT as well as Uliever as you mentioned just now?

Thanks with best regards

Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 03-09-2015, 08:19 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Here's what I know for Director level positions:

Bank IT Director: $20K (me)
BAT Marketing Director $20K (my relative)
Unilever Marketing Director: $20K (from colleague who moved to a similar MNC)
SingTel Director: $15K (from colleague who moved there)
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 04-09-2015, 12:35 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tchen003 View Post
Thanks for the reply! :-)
I was summer intern at investment bank and I found that it's almost
impossible to enter front desk with an Engineering Degree.
Plus: even if you go into investment, it could kill you as you have no sleep everyday.
My goal is to find a job whose starting pay is around 4K SGD and with a good future.

May I know more about the pay at BAT as well as Uliever as you mentioned just now?

Thanks with best regards
if u really able to get a summer internship in investment banking, why downgrade so much to apply for aviva, dbs or singtel? seem to be totally below your league. doesnt make sense even if u dun wanna join ib.
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 04-09-2015, 08:26 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 37
tchen003 is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
if u really able to get a summer internship in investment banking, why downgrade so much to apply for aviva, dbs or singtel? seem to be totally below your league. doesnt make sense even if u dun wanna join ib.
well, I didnt get the return offer though. sad....
anyway then do u think it's possible for me to get into
BAT, Unliver or Shell? Heard they all hard to get in but pay is
great.

thanks
Reply With Quote

  #7 (permalink)  
Old 04-09-2015, 08:31 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 37
tchen003 is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Here's what I know for Director level positions:

Bank IT Director: $20K (me)
BAT Marketing Director $20K (my relative)
Unilever Marketing Director: $20K (from colleague who moved to a similar MNC)
SingTel Director: $15K (from colleague who moved there)
thanks for the info director! :-)
anyway I was intern at an US Investment Bank who
was not good enough to get return offer...
anyway I think even an Executive Director at Invesment Bank
earn about 20K per mth.
So may I guess that BAT and Unliver has great pay equal to
Investment Banks?
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 04-09-2015, 11:20 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tchen003 View Post
thanks for the info director! :-)
anyway I was intern at an US Investment Bank who
was not good enough to get return offer...
anyway I think even an Executive Director at Invesment Bank
earn about 20K per mth.
So may I guess that BAT and Unliver has great pay equal to
Investment Banks?
One key requirement for MNCs is the ability to write.
Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 04-09-2015, 11:39 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tchen003 View Post
thanks for the info director! :-)
anyway I was intern at an US Investment Bank who
was not good enough to get return offer...
anyway I think even an Executive Director at Invesment Bank
earn about 20K per mth.
So may I guess that BAT and Unliver has great pay equal to
Investment Banks?
ED/MDs are generally ranked higher than SVP. Many SVP on the IB side are already drawing 40-50k, I don't think your perception is correct. 20k is more for VP level with 7-10 years exp in BB.

Anyway I don't see how much BAT or Unilever pay their directors have anything to do with you. At most you are just applying to be a MA or some sort of fresh grad exec job. Does it matter how much they pay their Directors? Chances are you won't last long enough or get offered in the first place.
Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 04-09-2015, 11:57 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 37
tchen003 is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
ED/MDs are generally ranked higher than SVP. Many SVP on the IB side are already drawing 40-50k, I don't think your perception is correct. 20k is more for VP level with 7-10 years exp in BB.

Anyway I don't see how much BAT or Unilever pay their directors have anything to do with you. At most you are just applying to be a MA or some sort of fresh grad exec job. Does it matter how much they pay their Directors? Chances are you won't last long enough or get offered in the first place.
well I heard the numbers from a VP inisde there.

I am considering applying for MA there
from Electrical and Electronic Engineering.
What qualifications are MA looking for?
does my Investment Banking experience help?
I kind of think I have some experience in project managent.
But thats not enough to get into right?

Any advice on how to preapare for it?
thanks!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
bonus, graduates, pay, salary, starting pay

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Top 100 Highest-Paid Jobs in Singapore admin Income and Jobs 6 15-05-2021 07:30 PM
Salary for engineer at Singapore Refining Company(SRC) lukeong Income and Jobs 9 13-07-2019 08:15 AM
Does company normally state gross/net salary derekang Income and Jobs 2 20-09-2013 08:56 PM
Highest paying jobs Salary.sg Income and Jobs 16 05-04-2010 03:55 PM
Financial Services Pay Highest Salary.sg Income and Jobs 6 21-11-2007 11:08 PM

» 30 Recent Threads
DBS tech seed programme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,432 Replies, 655,924 Views
MAS for Mid Career Professionals ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,194 Replies, 549,092 Views
Micron starting pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
526 Replies, 190,427 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
17,440 Replies, 6,723,062 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
5,818 Replies, 3,668,356 Views
DBS ACE Programme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
36 Replies, 4,211 Views
Ex-MOE Teachers ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
244 Replies, 265,956 Views
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
8,701 Replies, 2,617,950 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
14,604 Replies, 9,246,104 Views
Engineer Pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
504 Replies, 261,960 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,085 Replies, 2,004,937 Views
ST Electronics ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,989 Replies, 899,500 Views
Aircraft Maintenance License and... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
697 Replies, 608,747 Views
DSTA (under Mindef) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,211 Replies, 926,076 Views
NCS (SingTel subsidiary) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,039 Replies, 673,864 Views
Factual Local Bank Salaries - DBS... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
960 Replies, 602,906 Views
GovTech Tech Associate Program... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
341 Replies, 120,898 Views
Polytechnic lecturer salary range ( 1 2 3)
29 Replies, 82,564 Views
Roles in accenture singapore ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
5,261 Replies, 1,055,891 Views
SIA AO grades ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
90 Replies, 33,834 Views
crypto trading tech roles
9 Replies, 2,063 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,400 Replies, 2,402,027 Views
High Finance Thread ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,359 Replies, 293,982 Views
HDB (under MND) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
486 Replies, 447,375 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,650 Replies, 3,195,016 Views
Working Culture in IRAS ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
66 Replies, 117,400 Views
LTA (Land Transport Authority) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
138 Replies, 139,145 Views
DBS BANK Interview replies ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
433 Replies, 334,467 Views
GovTech ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,272 Replies, 924,967 Views
For those with 2-5 YOE, what is... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
994 Replies, 219,368 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 04:03 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2