How do you define a 'stable' job? - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




How do you define a 'stable' job?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 20-08-2015, 08:30 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 270
temp111 is on a distinguished road
Default How do you define a 'stable' job?

What defines a stable job?

I always hear people saying "You got stable job? Can get married lor!"

Or "Find stable job first then can tink of finding a gf."

Issit a job that u can work for the next 30 years (w/o getting fired)? Jobs with big bonuses?

Kindly share here.



Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills


SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android


SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go


SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app
Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 21-08-2015, 01:08 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

A stable job is a job which you can feel rest assured,you will inherit the company after you complete a certain duration of work for that company.

Example : Recent change of CEO in Google.

Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 21-08-2015, 10:55 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

stable job in a company is one that values its people, little or no retrenchment, permanent contract, fixed monthly salary and yes hopefully it remains the same for the next 30 years without having to worry about climbing the corporate ladder.

Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 21-08-2015, 03:40 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Stable job means you know during times of crisis, the company won't retrench you. Most people working in banks do not have stable jobs as they are prone to retrenchment when the crisis comes, or when they decide to do cost cutting and move your back office department to a lower cost country. Look for jobs that are essential even during bad times. Look for companies that don't have history of cutting jobs and moving them overseas.
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 21-08-2015, 05:47 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 270
temp111 is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Stable job means you know during times of crisis, the company won't retrench you. Most people working in banks do not have stable jobs as they are prone to retrenchment when the crisis comes, or when they decide to do cost cutting and move your back office department to a lower cost country. Look for jobs that are essential even during bad times. Look for companies that don't have history of cutting jobs and moving them overseas.
What abt Civil Service??

Like a nurse.

Hospitals wont shut down rite?

Police officers too. There is always a need for law and order in a country.
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 21-08-2015, 06:09 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

a stable job guarantees you remain employed even in the worst of economic times. bankers and lawyers don't have stable jobs. nurses and undertakers have stable jobs as people will always be sick and die.
Reply With Quote

  #7 (permalink)  
Old 21-08-2015, 08:01 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
a stable job guarantees you remain employed even in the worst of economic times. bankers and lawyers don't have stable jobs. nurses and undertakers have stable jobs as people will always be sick and die.
stable job is when you are not worried to take sick leave else you will be fired.
stable job is when you do the minimum work and yet your work is appreciated.
stable job is that you want to get up every morning to go to the office because at office you still have that sofa to sleep.
stable job is when you are told office timings are 9 am-5 pm but in reality you take 2 hours of rest, 1 hour of lunch, 30 min of coffee break, 1 hour of reading newspaper and talking to colleagues and leave office at 5 pm.
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 21-08-2015, 08:27 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 270
temp111 is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
stable job is when you are not worried to take sick leave else you will be fired.
stable job is when you do the minimum work and yet your work is appreciated.
stable job is that you want to get up every morning to go to the office because at office you still have that sofa to sleep.
stable job is when you are told office timings are 9 am-5 pm but in reality you take 2 hours of rest, 1 hour of lunch, 30 min of coffee break, 1 hour of reading newspaper and talking to colleagues and leave office at 5 pm.
This is call jiak liao bee. Not stable job. But sleeping on the job.
Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 21-08-2015, 11:19 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

A housewife has a stable job as she will not be fired for sure. But she is not paid. She is rewarded by the satisfaction of raising a good family.
Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 22-08-2015, 11:19 AM
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 270
temp111 is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
A housewife has a stable job as she will not be fired for sure. But she is not paid. She is rewarded by the satisfaction of raising a good family.
Depends. Housewife receive allowance from husband and children (if they start working).
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Define your Retirement plan lazyplane Income and Jobs 3 04-07-2014 10:12 AM
Dream Job vs Stable Job? nonstop247 Income and Jobs 3 28-07-2010 10:49 AM

» 30 Recent Threads
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
12,571 Replies, 7,340,781 Views
How much are you earning per annum? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
12,685 Replies, 4,352,209 Views
Top paying companies in SG for... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
83 Replies, 133,683 Views
Hospital (Private or Public)... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
75 Replies, 22,225 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
13,689 Replies, 4,603,781 Views
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,646 Replies, 1,276,738 Views
UOB Management Associate Program ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
438 Replies, 274,209 Views
Banking - Back Office ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
239 Replies, 159,100 Views
Citibank Singapore ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
135 Replies, 99,929 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,003 Replies, 2,498,894 Views
UBS Financial Services Industry... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
632 Replies, 139,483 Views
Jumping from Stat Board into...
1 Replies, 122 Views
IMDA (under MCI) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
114 Replies, 57,267 Views
Roles in accenture singapore ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,009 Replies, 520,798 Views
Exxon Mobil Equipment tech or... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,846 Replies, 607,934 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,750 Replies, 1,409,935 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,910 Replies, 1,747,387 Views
Starting Pay for CS/Ministries... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
233 Replies, 108,385 Views
ST Electronics ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,332 Replies, 571,724 Views
business analyst
1 Replies, 2,765 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,060 Replies, 2,521,693 Views
Perm to contract, increase > 2k... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
31 Replies, 4,285 Views
AML/Compliance/KYC professionals... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,516 Replies, 731,149 Views
Comp Science Frsh Grad Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
625 Replies, 98,241 Views
DBS tech seed programme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
867 Replies, 221,642 Views
HDB (under MND) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
458 Replies, 369,708 Views
Compilation of MAs/Analysts Gross... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
735 Replies, 198,523 Views
Anyone work in AVA Animal Health... ( 1 2)
14 Replies, 8,903 Views
Asset Management Salary ( 1 2 3)
25 Replies, 3,472 Views
DSTA (under Mindef) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,022 Replies, 737,939 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 08:05 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2