KPMG or PWC? - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




KPMG or PWC?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 21-10-2014, 10:41 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 3
frostburn is on a distinguished road
Default KPMG or PWC?

Hi everyone, need some quick advice. Got offers from both PWC and KPMG.

For KMPG, I get an offer for Management Consulting (IT Assurance & Security) while PwC, I recieve Risk assurance.

Just to check, as a IT graduate, which one should I chose? I am in dilemma between this 2 and really need some help here.

Thanks

Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 21-10-2014, 11:03 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 47
boongaylim is on a distinguished road
Default congratulations

Quote:
Originally Posted by frostburn View Post
Hi everyone, need some quick advice. Got offers from both PWC and KPMG.

For KMPG, I get an offer for Management Consulting (IT Assurance & Security) while PwC, I recieve Risk assurance.

Just to check, as a IT graduate, which one should I chose? I am in dilemma between this 2 and really need some help here.

Thanks
All the best. Both these companies are reputed ones. In general, I suggest the following guidelines for choosing between offers that appear equally good.

1. Salary and benefits - easy to compare in both cases
2. Is it a perm role or a contract position - go for a perm role, if possible
3. Travel - for both PWC/KPMG, there will be minimal travel.
4. Work-life balance - most tricky. Check with HR as well. In general I here that KPMG offers better balance but then opinions vary.

Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 21-10-2014, 11:50 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

so far i usually hear about PwC and Deloitte being favored in the big four. KMPG sometimes pays better but hours are longer (or so i heard). two years ago, an acquaintance was offered by KMPG, he joined a local bank in the end. recently, he joined PwC.

if you really want a clear cut answer, then consider the pay package (if they differ). to some ppl, same **** everywhere.

Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 22-10-2014, 12:32 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 3
frostburn is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
so far i usually hear about PwC and Deloitte being favored in the big four. KMPG sometimes pays better but hours are longer (or so i heard). two years ago, an acquaintance was offered by KMPG, he joined a local bank in the end. recently, he joined PwC.

if you really want a clear cut answer, then consider the pay package (if they differ). to some ppl, same **** everywhere.
If a job start immediately but lower pay as compare to the another which may have to wait for few months before start work, which would u choose. The difference of pay is very small.
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 22-10-2014, 03:06 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 3
frostburn is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by frostburn View Post
If a job start immediately but lower pay as compare to the another which may have to wait for few months before start work, which would u choose. The difference of pay is very small.
So if I a job is lower pay and start immediately as compare to higher pay but start after few months, which would you chose, supposedly the pay difference is not big.
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 22-10-2014, 03:50 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by frostburn View Post
So if I a job is lower pay and start immediately as compare to higher pay but start after few months, which would you chose, supposedly the pay difference is not big.
pick the job you like better if there is one of the two.

yup, i emphasize, to pick the job you think you will like better.

i ever made the mistake of choosing the job that starts earlier cos the others didn't reply yet and i regretted. haha twice.

of course, there is a chance of the offer for the later starting one being withdrawn (for some ppl) but i don't think it happens often for private sector.
Reply With Quote

  #7 (permalink)  
Old 22-10-2014, 04:32 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
pick the job you like better if there is one of the two.

yup, i emphasize, to pick the job you think you will like better.

i ever made the mistake of choosing the job that starts earlier cos the others didn't reply yet and i regretted. haha twice.

of course, there is a chance of the offer for the later starting one being withdrawn (for some ppl) but i don't think it happens often for private sector.
But once you sign contract with them, they wont withdrawn right?
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 22-10-2014, 05:49 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
But once you sign contract with them, they wont withdrawn right?
Companies have the right to withdraw your offer even after you have signed.

Just pick the one that you like more and has more learning opportunities.
Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 22-10-2014, 06:49 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by frostburn View Post
Hi everyone, need some quick advice. Got offers from both PWC and KPMG.

For KMPG, I get an offer for Management Consulting (IT Assurance & Security) while PwC, I recieve Risk assurance.

Just to check, as a IT graduate, which one should I chose? I am in dilemma between this 2 and really need some help here.

Thanks
just go for the one with the higher pay, this whole industry is like musical chairs. it is normal for ppl to jump ship within the big 4 every year, most mid career ppl will have exp in at least 2-3 of the big 4, so dun need to get hung up over one or another.
Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 22-10-2014, 10:32 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
just go for the one with the higher pay, this whole industry is like musical chairs. it is normal for ppl to jump ship within the big 4 every year, most mid career ppl will have exp in at least 2-3 of the big 4, so dun need to get hung up over one or another.
true for audit, but not so much for consulting.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» 30 Recent Threads
DBS tech seed programme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,499 Replies, 725,995 Views
ST Electronics ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,144 Replies, 956,707 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
6,224 Replies, 3,940,945 Views
CSA (Cyber Security Agency) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
562 Replies, 233,632 Views
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
9,189 Replies, 2,889,712 Views
Civil Service Performance Bonus ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,159 Replies, 3,150,953 Views
Electrical Engineering Jobs in...
2 Replies, 333 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,280 Replies, 2,114,486 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,686 Replies, 3,315,945 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
18,047 Replies, 7,134,348 Views
Management Consultant MBB Big4 etc... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
227 Replies, 106,336 Views
Micron starting pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
563 Replies, 215,536 Views
Factual Local Bank Salaries - DBS... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
966 Replies, 659,080 Views
For those with 2-5 YOE, what is... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,044 Replies, 253,620 Views
Shopee fresh grad pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
730 Replies, 205,588 Views
IMDA (under MCI) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
354 Replies, 181,420 Views
Roles in accenture singapore ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
5,398 Replies, 1,170,235 Views
20% salary bump? ( 1 2)
19 Replies, 5,186 Views
Engineer Pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
524 Replies, 285,283 Views
RM Salaries and Commissions
0 Replies, 92 Views
What are some good non-fang tech... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
71 Replies, 18,766 Views
Be a commodities trader ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
223 Replies, 216,441 Views
jobs at Tech companies
4 Replies, 3,256 Views
Bnp paribas graduate ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
194 Replies, 114,067 Views
Credit Suisse ( 1 2)
14 Replies, 5,713 Views
Hospital (Private or Public)... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
341 Replies, 110,653 Views
How much do you earn and save? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
385 Replies, 181,993 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,475 Replies, 2,533,778 Views
GovTech Tech Associate Program... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
351 Replies, 143,534 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
14,844 Replies, 9,613,674 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 06:47 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2