Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   KPMG or PWC? (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/4632-kpmg-pwc.html)

frostburn 21-10-2014 10:41 PM

KPMG or PWC?

Hi everyone, need some quick advice. Got offers from both PWC and KPMG.

For KMPG, I get an offer for Management Consulting (IT Assurance & Security) while PwC, I recieve Risk assurance.

Just to check, as a IT graduate, which one should I chose? I am in dilemma between this 2 and really need some help here.

Thanks

boongaylim 21-10-2014 11:03 PM

congratulations

Quote:

Originally Posted by frostburn (Post 57980)

For KMPG, I get an offer for Management Consulting (IT Assurance & Security) while PwC, I recieve Risk assurance.

Just to check, as a IT graduate, which one should I chose? I am in dilemma between this 2 and really need some help here.

Thanks

All the best. Both these companies are reputed ones. In general, I suggest the following guidelines for choosing between offers that appear equally good.

1. Salary and benefits - easy to compare in both cases
2. Is it a perm role or a contract position - go for a perm role, if possible
3. Travel - for both PWC/KPMG, there will be minimal travel.
4. Work-life balance - most tricky. Check with HR as well. In general I here that KPMG offers better balance but then opinions vary.

Unregistered 21-10-2014 11:50 PM

so far i usually hear about PwC and Deloitte being favored in the big four. KMPG sometimes pays better but hours are longer (or so i heard). two years ago, an acquaintance was offered by KMPG, he joined a local bank in the end. recently, he joined PwC.

if you really want a clear cut answer, then consider the pay package (if they differ). to some ppl, same **** everywhere.

frostburn 22-10-2014 12:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 57984)
so far i usually hear about PwC and Deloitte being favored in the big four. KMPG sometimes pays better but hours are longer (or so i heard). two years ago, an acquaintance was offered by KMPG, he joined a local bank in the end. recently, he joined PwC.

if you really want a clear cut answer, then consider the pay package (if they differ). to some ppl, same **** everywhere.

If a job start immediately but lower pay as compare to the another which may have to wait for few months before start work, which would u choose. The difference of pay is very small.

frostburn 22-10-2014 03:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frostburn (Post 57986)
If a job start immediately but lower pay as compare to the another which may have to wait for few months before start work, which would u choose. The difference of pay is very small.

So if I a job is lower pay and start immediately as compare to higher pay but start after few months, which would you chose, supposedly the pay difference is not big.

Unregistered 22-10-2014 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frostburn (Post 57988)
So if I a job is lower pay and start immediately as compare to higher pay but start after few months, which would you chose, supposedly the pay difference is not big.

pick the job you like better if there is one of the two.

yup, i emphasize, to pick the job you think you will like better.

i ever made the mistake of choosing the job that starts earlier cos the others didn't reply yet and i regretted. haha twice.

of course, there is a chance of the offer for the later starting one being withdrawn (for some ppl) but i don't think it happens often for private sector.

Unregistered 22-10-2014 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 58000)
pick the job you like better if there is one of the two.

yup, i emphasize, to pick the job you think you will like better.

i ever made the mistake of choosing the job that starts earlier cos the others didn't reply yet and i regretted. haha twice.

of course, there is a chance of the offer for the later starting one being withdrawn (for some ppl) but i don't think it happens often for private sector.

But once you sign contract with them, they wont withdrawn right?

Unregistered 22-10-2014 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 58003)
But once you sign contract with them, they wont withdrawn right?

Companies have the right to withdraw your offer even after you have signed.

Just pick the one that you like more and has more learning opportunities.

Unregistered 22-10-2014 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frostburn (Post 57980)

Thanks

just go for the one with the higher pay, this whole industry is like musical chairs. it is normal for ppl to jump ship within the big 4 every year, most mid career ppl will have exp in at least 2-3 of the big 4, so dun need to get hung up over one or another.

Unregistered 22-10-2014 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 58006)
just go for the one with the higher pay, this whole industry is like musical chairs. it is normal for ppl to jump ship within the big 4 every year, most mid career ppl will have exp in at least 2-3 of the big 4, so dun need to get hung up over one or another.

true for audit, but not so much for consulting.