Ex-MOE Teachers - Page 31 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




Ex-MOE Teachers

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #301 (permalink)  
Old 20-09-2022, 08:32 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Any fajt here can share how long did it take you to secure a post in school? Are fajts in demand now?

Reply With Quote
  #302 (permalink)  
Old 20-09-2022, 10:28 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Any fajt here can share how long did it take you to secure a post in school? Are fajts in demand now?
Earlier on, we shared about the amount of time it took for us to get our application approved. A few of us got it approved within 4 to 6 weeks. Some took longer.

After my application, I emailed 8 schools about to express interest in being their FAJT. Within half an hour, the first school contacted me. Subsequently, I had a few other schools that contacted me for interviews. I started work the week after the first school contacted me. That happened 3 weeks before the Dec school holiday started last year.

Hope this helps.

Reply With Quote
  #303 (permalink)  
Old 21-09-2022, 05:39 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
So long as you do not teach them English.
Cos using phone to type,
can't see what's on the screen
Hence has typo error

Reply With Quote
  #304 (permalink)  
Old 21-09-2022, 08:10 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Earlier on, we shared about the amount of time it took for us to get our application approved. A few of us got it approved within 4 to 6 weeks. Some took longer.

After my application, I emailed 8 schools about to express interest in being their FAJT. Within half an hour, the first school contacted me. Subsequently, I had a few other schools that contacted me for interviews. I started work the week after the first school contacted me. That happened 3 weeks before the Dec school holiday started last year.

Hope this helps.
Thanks for sharing! Seems like not hard to find a school.
Could u share more about the interview?
Reply With Quote
  #305 (permalink)  
Old 21-09-2022, 05:16 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Thanks for sharing! Seems like not hard to find a school.
Could u share more about the interview?
I was mostly interviewed by a VP and a hod who had previously spoken to me. I think most FAJTs are recruited by one of the hods. Some may have more than 2 interviewers. For my school, I was only interviewed by the VP.

They mainly asked me to intro myself, years of experience, what I used to teach, which level I am comfortable with.

Usually when they have contacted you, the interview was just to see your face and to tell you what they need. Not like those formal interviews where they are comparing you with other potential candidates.
Reply With Quote
  #306 (permalink)  
Old 21-09-2022, 08:27 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I was mostly interviewed by a VP and a hod who had previously spoken to me. I think most FAJTs are recruited by one of the hods. Some may have more than 2 interviewers. For my school, I was only interviewed by the VP.

They mainly asked me to intro myself, years of experience, what I used to teach, which level I am comfortable with.

Usually when they have contacted you, the interview was just to see your face and to tell you what they need. Not like those formal interviews where they are comparing you with other potential candidates.
Thank you again for sharing! It’s very useful info for me.
Reply With Quote

  #307 (permalink)  
Old 21-09-2022, 09:59 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Is it difficult to manage secondary school kids as a fajt?
Reply With Quote
  #308 (permalink)  
Old 22-09-2022, 07:37 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Is it difficult to manage secondary school kids as a fajt?
Mine is a primary school and I would say yes. When I enter P5 and P6 classes, clearly they know I am not a permanent teacher so they tend to be quite disrespectful. They go against what you want them to do right in your face and give you a ‘what can you do to me?’ attitude. If you as much as touch them, like when the kid is sitting on the floor and you use your shoe to touch his sole, they scream,”Child abuse!” and threaten to report you to the school.

As a permanent teacher, I didn’t have so many children who were so disrespectful.
Reply With Quote
  #309 (permalink)  
Old 22-09-2022, 10:24 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Mine is a primary school and I would say yes. When I enter P5 and P6 classes, clearly they know I am not a permanent teacher so they tend to be quite disrespectful. They go against what you want them to do right in your face and give you a ‘what can you do to me?’ attitude. If you as much as touch them, like when the kid is sitting on the floor and you use your shoe to touch his sole, they scream,”Child abuse!” and threaten to report you to the school.

As a permanent teacher, I didn’t have so many children who were so disrespectful.
No time to build rapport n enforce rules :/ good ting is u wont see them for long also lol
Reply With Quote
  #310 (permalink)  
Old 25-09-2022, 05:41 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Out of fajt, cajt, ptes, which gives the best deal in terms of compensation and amount of work?
Ptes need to be ranked so it can be stressful. Cajt seems like the sweet spot, higher pay and workload is manageable and don’t have to be ranked.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Looking for NIE trained Teachers for Tutoring gradtutors Marketplace and Find Work 2 22-03-2021 05:22 PM
Higher Pay for Mid-Career Teachers Salary.sg Income and Jobs 3 24-09-2020 09:52 AM
Tuition Teachers Make 20k Salary.sg Income and Jobs 7 24-09-2020 09:50 AM
More Pay and Bonuses for Teachers Salary.sg Income and Jobs 7 05-12-2009 06:45 PM
Part time Primary and Lower Secondary Teachers chongkp Marketplace and Find Work 0 22-06-2009 12:56 PM

» 30 Recent Threads
Roles in accenture singapore ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
5,611 Replies, 1,316,186 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
18,467 Replies, 7,602,995 Views
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
9,747 Replies, 3,183,338 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,780 Replies, 3,471,198 Views
IMDA (under MCI) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
399 Replies, 206,696 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
14,984 Replies, 10,002,982 Views
High Finance Thread ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,472 Replies, 380,706 Views
DBS tech seed programme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,704 Replies, 836,755 Views
How much are you earning per annum? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
13,461 Replies, 5,494,138 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,499 Replies, 2,259,319 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
6,669 Replies, 4,236,046 Views
MAS for Mid Career Professionals ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,311 Replies, 637,279 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,825 Replies, 2,686,385 Views
Factual Local Bank Salaries - DBS... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,060 Replies, 738,230 Views
Civil Service Performance Bonus ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,251 Replies, 3,328,164 Views
DSTA (under Mindef) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,248 Replies, 995,111 Views
Hospital (Private or Public)... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
360 Replies, 134,017 Views
Bnp paribas graduate ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
205 Replies, 122,724 Views
Ex-MOE Teachers ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
351 Replies, 314,991 Views
Officer Role in Bank of Tokyo -... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
273 Replies, 222,720 Views
Standard Chartered International... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
363 Replies, 164,074 Views
LTA (Land Transport Authority) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
269 Replies, 175,518 Views
NCS (SingTel subsidiary) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,100 Replies, 763,584 Views
Anyone work in JPM/GS/Morgan... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
300 Replies, 75,428 Views
ITE Polytechnic Scheme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
171 Replies, 213,749 Views
SLA (Singapore Land Authority) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
34 Replies, 25,594 Views
Htx ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
85 Replies, 55,157 Views
Exxon Mobil Equipment tech or... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,040 Replies, 848,209 Views
OCBC Graduate Talent Programme... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,094 Replies, 454,339 Views
Mining Industry ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
78 Replies, 47,285 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 03:17 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2