Ex-MOE Teachers - Page 21 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries

Ex-MOE Teachers

Old 01-05-2022, 11:35 AM
Unregistered

Was giving tuition. The mother caught me piak piak her jc student daughter. There goes my rice bowl.

Thinking of going back to school to teach since my reputation of a tutor is bad now

Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills

SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android

Bursa Stocks Android App - check share prices
Bursa Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app
Old 01-05-2022, 02:10 PM
Verified Member

Iaba is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iaba View Post
welcome. I should be getting an answer on the FAJT by this week, according to their committed timeframe. Will update.
Just received the registration as FAJT two days ago. Good work from MOE.

Old 01-05-2022, 10:30 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Thanks for sharing. Your processing time is very fast - like 4 weeks. Do you think performance grade matters in how fast HR does processing? Did you get C- or even better? Hope you don't mind sharing.
No, I don’t think so. In fact, I left the service on such a bad note I didn’t apply to be an FAJT because I was sure I was blacklisted. It was on a friend’s encouragement that I tried applying. She said I could always give it a try. If I was rejected, then it’s highly likely that I was blacklisted and if I wasn’t, then I wasn’t blacklisted.

However, my VP told me MOE would only check with HR (if I am blacklisted) if I want to return as a permanent staff.

Back to your statement about processing time. According to my friend, the standard processing time is 4 to 5 weeks. I only started checking the application status after 4 weeks and it went through by the time I checked.

Old 02-05-2022, 10:46 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
No, I don’t think so. In fact, I left the service on such a bad note I didn’t apply to be an FAJT because I was sure I was blacklisted. It was on a friend’s encouragement that I tried applying. She said I could always give it a try. If I was rejected, then it’s highly likely that I was blacklisted and if I wasn’t, then I wasn’t blacklisted.

However, my VP told me MOE would only check with HR (if I am blacklisted) if I want to return as a permanent staff.

Back to your statement about processing time. According to my friend, the standard processing time is 4 to 5 weeks. I only started checking the application status after 4 weeks and it went through by the time I checked.
Thanks for sharing. All the best to you. I'm going to apply in beginning Aug and hopefully return as FAJT in Term 4.
Old 02-05-2022, 07:17 PM
Unregistered

I have been working as an FAJT for 4 months. On the side, I give tuition. I am pleasant surprised that this arrangement gives me quite a good income. However, I also know that my income would be lean in June and December since we are not paid during the school holidays. And I have to give tuition every single day if I want an attractive income.

I am in a dilemma: should I apply to return to teaching as a permanent staff or should I continue to be an FAJT? Being an FAJT is almost stressless compared to teaching full time.

The benefits of being a full-time would be recognised as a full time employee and paid hols but I do not fancy the 24/7 stress that comes with it, being ranked and worry about getting a D every year.

Is there any ex-teacher who went through the same dilemma and returned to teaching full-time?
Old 02-05-2022, 10:44 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
I have been working as an FAJT for 4 months. On the side, I give tuition. I am pleasant surprised that this arrangement gives me quite a good income. However, I also know that my income would be lean in June and December since we are not paid during the school holidays. And I have to give tuition every single day if I want an attractive income.

I am in a dilemma: should I apply to return to teaching as a permanent staff or should I continue to be an FAJT? Being an FAJT is almost stressless compared to teaching full time.

The benefits of being a full-time would be recognised as a full time employee and paid hols but I do not fancy the 24/7 stress that comes with it, being ranked and worry about getting a D every year.

Is there any ex-teacher who went through the same dilemma and returned to teaching full-time?

If you have a family to support (with kids, car etc), going full time will make better financial sense. If you are single and without kids/car etc, FAJT route makes sense for better mental well being.

Old 18-05-2022, 09:53 AM
Unregistered

Default Contract Adjunct Teacher

Hi,
Does anyone know how much is a CAJT paid? Is FAJT and CAJT registration process similar?

SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android

Bursa Stocks Android App - check share prices
Bursa Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app
Old 18-05-2022, 02:57 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Hi,
Does anyone know how much is a CAJT paid? Is FAJT and CAJT registration process similar?
As far as I have heard from other teachers, Contract Adjunct is paid according to your last drawn and jobscope is the same as permanent teachers, just that you are not eligible for the same benefits.
Old 18-05-2022, 07:12 PM
Unregistered

Quote:

Quote:
If you have a family to support (with kids, car etc), going full time will make better financial sense. If you are single and without kids/car etc, FAJT route makes sense for better mental well being.
1. For family support, it is more financially stable, but much more mentally unstable, if you get what I mean. You will also most definitely have less time with your family.

2. Don't get too overly hung up about lowered income in June and Dec. Use those periods for a break for yourself. I am quite sure the total annual does not differ much (perm vs. FAJT + tuition). On top of that, you can be much more flexible with your work schedules.

3. So many people I know are going for the FAJT route already. Nowadays, work-life balance and mental health matter much more to employees. And I'm sure it is the same for you too
Old 18-05-2022, 09:44 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
As far as I have heard from other teachers, Contract Adjunct is paid according to your last drawn and jobscope is the same as permanent teachers, just that you are not eligible for the same benefits.
Thanks for the information. Was wondering wat r the significant differences between CAJT n FAJT?