Salary in Public Sector - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




Salary in Public Sector

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 10-07-2013, 11:05 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 5
Ecno is on a distinguished road
Default Salary in Public Sector

I have been working in a hospital for ~ 4 years.

Previously I was working as a diploma while taking my part-time degree.

My gross was 2.1k when i left.

Last year, I graduated and got another job in another hospital as an executive.

They quoted me 2.8k even though my expected pay was 3k. I accepted the job as I took into consideration of the ~3 months (include 13th month) bonus annually.

I would like to ask, am I underpaid? My current job scope is very relevant to my previous job experience as a diploma. Even though it is a $700 increment, did the HR quoted me lesser than i deserve?

Most of my friends are earning >3k already. Should I ask for higher pay or leave for private sector (MNC)?



Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills


SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android


SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go


SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app
Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 10-07-2013, 11:26 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecno View Post
I have been working in a hospital for ~ 4 years.

Previously I was working as a diploma while taking my part-time degree.

My gross was 2.1k when i left.

Last year, I graduated and got another job in another hospital as an executive.

They quoted me 2.8k even though my expected pay was 3k. I accepted the job as I took into consideration of the ~3 months (include 13th month) bonus annually.

I would like to ask, am I underpaid? My current job scope is very relevant to my previous job experience as a diploma. Even though it is a $700 increment, did the HR quoted me lesser than i deserve?

Most of my friends are earning >3k already. Should I ask for higher pay or leave for private sector (MNC)?
What is your degree? If is things like SIM/MDIS/Kaplan etc. 2.8k is already very high, although MNC can pay higher, pte degree normally low chance of getting in.

Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 10-07-2013, 01:07 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 5
Ecno is on a distinguished road
Default

My degree is from University of Western Australia. It is also related to my current post. I was just thinking whether I am under-quoted by the HR I got into this current post because I have hospital experience with similar job scope. So i guess experience is considered inside the salary quotation. So 2.8k is normal for my background?

Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 10-07-2013, 02:03 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecno View Post
My degree is from University of Western Australia. It is also related to my current post. I was just thinking whether I am under-quoted by the HR I got into this current post because I have hospital experience with similar job scope. So i guess experience is considered inside the salary quotation. So 2.8k is normal for my background?

Since you just graduated I suppose you are considered as a 'fresh grad' so 2.8K is quite high. It will also depend on your job scope, if it's just a routine data entry job 2.8K is certainly quite alot. Is your new job v different from the previous diploma role? You could always stay a while and keep an eye out for other similar jobs maybe in a private hospital and see how much they would be willing to pay you. If you get a higher paying job there just resign and go over.
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 10-07-2013, 02:13 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quite okay for a fresh DL degree. Part-time some more. Hospitals don't usually pay as much as other sectors. Healthcare industry must take care of patient, and must keep it affordable. Cant expect them to earn much. And the doctors get a big chunk of the money in the health industry because without them and their expertise, hospital can close shop. If you feel like you can get more outside you can try and go fishing around.
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 10-07-2013, 02:23 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 5
Ecno is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Since you just graduated I suppose you are considered as a 'fresh grad' so 2.8K is quite high. It will also depend on your job scope, if it's just a routine data entry job 2.8K is certainly quite alot. Is your new job v different from the previous diploma role? You could always stay a while and keep an eye out for other similar jobs maybe in a private hospital and see how much they would be willing to pay you. If you get a higher paying job there just resign and go over.
Thanks for the advice. Basically I am working as my previous supervisor role in another hospital. It is comforting to hear that my salary is justifiable. My job scope is more project based than data entry. For the time being, I guess I will keep a lookout for private hospital hoping that they will offer more.
Reply With Quote

Reply

Bookmarks

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Private Sector vs Public Sector androidguy Income and Jobs 35 12-05-2017 11:38 AM
For jobs in public sector, when would the interveiw outcome be known? driver Income and Jobs 22 14-06-2013 10:59 AM
pay for gov/public sector vs mnc vs sme bladez87 Income and Jobs 77 25-10-2012 11:51 AM
Private or Public Sector? dupdupdup Income and Jobs 0 23-10-2012 10:56 PM
Private & Public sector pay comparison cbee Income and Jobs 5 17-10-2012 02:09 PM

» 30 Recent Threads
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,712 Replies, 1,291,355 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
12,617 Replies, 7,361,684 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,776 Replies, 1,417,143 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,011 Replies, 2,509,205 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
13,754 Replies, 4,633,074 Views
Engineer Pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
324 Replies, 139,421 Views
Starting Pay for CS/Ministries... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
245 Replies, 111,044 Views
DBS tech seed programme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
873 Replies, 225,857 Views
SEA (Garena) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
47 Replies, 32,057 Views
GovTech Tech Associate Program... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
65 Replies, 36,235 Views
How is HTX Associate Programme... ( 1 2 3)
24 Replies, 7,138 Views
Citibank Singapore ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
140 Replies, 101,016 Views
Pacific Century CyberWorks (PCCW)
2 Replies, 92 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,084 Replies, 2,531,477 Views
Civil/Public Sector -... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
412 Replies, 268,524 Views
Anyone jobless for a long time... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,095 Replies, 1,315,597 Views
UOB Management Associate Program ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
456 Replies, 277,780 Views
ST Electronics ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,337 Replies, 577,153 Views
MAS for Mid Career Professionals ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
483 Replies, 274,648 Views
If you can't find a company here... ( 1 2)
13 Replies, 1,619 Views
Nomura
0 Replies, 72 Views
Queries about Cpib application ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,271 Replies, 643,196 Views
Maybank ( 1 2 3)
24 Replies, 6,969 Views
Work culture in IHiS ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
150 Replies, 138,451 Views
Roles in accenture singapore ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,021 Replies, 525,344 Views
IMDA (under MCI) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
120 Replies, 58,473 Views
How much are you earning per annum? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
12,699 Replies, 4,361,389 Views
GIC (Government of Singapore... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
329 Replies, 454,273 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 02:13 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2