Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries

Queries about Cpib application

Old 18-03-2013, 04:25 PM
Unregistered

Default Me too

I was being offered two years ago...
And due to the concern of the workings hours and long term transferable skills, I rejected the offer... Right now I am suffering from the boring job I am in now also long working hours...

Now I look back should I be regretful?

Old 18-03-2013, 04:34 PM

jobhunter1234 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
And due to the concern of the workings hours and long term transferable skills, I rejected the offer... Right now I am suffering from the boring job I am in now also long working hours...

Yea. I think that all jobs get boring sometimes. Could you share what sort of job are you into right now? Industry ..line of work etc. Also, the starting salary that cpib offered you 2 years ago. TIA

Old 18-03-2013, 06:14 PM

bryanteh is on a distinguished road

Quote:

Ya seems like this is a concern for everyone but no one seems to be able to give insights on how true it is. To be frank, investigation skills can be quite useful, especially within banking now. You also working long hours? Care to share your current job details?

Old 19-03-2013, 04:29 PM
Unregistered

I went for interview. Frankly, I say don't bother trying unless u can work for v long hours. Also, they openly discriminate against women - saying married women in childbearing years are a disruption to their work, that's why don't have many women officers.

So much for govt telling pple to be productive. Starting pay is also $4.1 max - even if u have relevant experience in other agencies doing similar work.
Old 19-03-2013, 05:04 PM

jobhunter1234 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I went for interview. Frankly, I say don't bother trying unless u can work for v long hours. Also, they openly discriminate against women - saying married women in childbearing years are a disruption to their work, that's why don't have many women officers.

So much for govt telling pple to be productive. Starting pay is also $4.1 max - even if u have relevant experience in other agencies doing similar work.
Hmm. I think 4.1 max will be very attractive to fresh grads but not so for those already working outside with relevant experience. If you are earning more than 4.1k outside, no one would wanna pay cut to transit from private to public, in addition to it, it is not a slack job like you have described above.

IMO. Might not be a good place to stay long till retirement. Many other ministries or stat boards could offer better work life balance with relatively similar salary.
Old 19-03-2013, 07:21 PM
Unregistered

Default Hi I went for interview before

Quote:

Are you a female?
I don't think they Re discriminating against woman as it is a cold hard truth before a lady step into the job... Since u went for interview how come so fast u will know 4.1k max? U being offered or just doing rough guess? Or see website?

So comparing to SPF Investigstion officer SPO is it more meaningful ? More transferable skills? Step into compliance job in future which one more chance?

Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills

SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android

Bursa Stocks Android App - check share prices
Bursa Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app

Old 19-03-2013, 08:47 PM
Unregistered

Cold hard truth that this is a male dominated environment who think discriminating women is okay. That's despite the fact that I already have post grad qualifications and years of related experience.

Anyway men also got to go for weeks of reservist every year right? Fair for women to call this disruption or not?

With regards to the max pay, this is what they told me. U may or may not get that, depending on experience and qualifications. If you are not new grad, don't waste ur time.

Meanwhile if ur heading for a compliance job, don't bother gg CPiB. Juz head directly into a bank and learn the ropes from there. Otherwise try CAD.
Old 19-03-2013, 09:06 PM
Unregistered

Have they stopped calling up people already? Is it time to move on?
Old 19-03-2013, 10:36 PM
Unregistered

Quote:

well thanks for sharing. sad to hear that.

what are their other expectations? do you have investigation exp before?
Old 20-03-2013, 01:25 AM
ThanksMan

Red face Thanks anyway

Quote:
Cold hard truth that this is a male dominated environment who think discriminating women is okay. That's despite the fact that I already have post grad qualifications and years of related experience.

Anyway men also got to go for weeks of reservist every year right? Fair for women to call this disruption or not?

With regards to the max pay, this is what they told me. U may or may not get that, depending on experience and qualifications. If you are not new grad, don't waste ur time.

Meanwhile if ur heading for a compliance job, don't bother gg CPiB. Juz head directly into a bank and learn the ropes from there. Otherwise try CAD.
Hmm, I presume u are a lady who just went for the interview? In the first place, Cpib accepted and short listed you for a reason already? Upon interview, they wanted to remind you or to discourage you the cons being an IO.. I went for interview 2 years back, the cold hard truth was presented in another way as in long hours, work late at night and on stand by too.. With communication device for case reporting... Is a norm..

To be honest, every coy bothers a lot about maternity... But for reservist and annual leave consider they are entitlement and not say many weeks so can't compare..

Thanks for sharing anyway care to share if I have an opportunity now with SPF as SPO and CPiB IO, do u think if I leave either of the force I have chance to secure a compliance job in corporate security or banks? I have tried CAD and I can't get in due to academic irrelevance.. I am actually short listed for Cpib and SPO ...

I heard from career fair Cpib officer left the job for a higher pay with telco/bank fraud...same I heard from forum ex police join bank as compliance too... Which has higher chance or equally?

Just wondering if to jump ship, Cpib or SPF more transferable?