Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Queries about Cpib application
View Single Post
Old 20-03-2013, 01:25 AM
ThanksMan

Red face Thanks anyway

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Cold hard truth that this is a male dominated environment who think discriminating women is okay. That's despite the fact that I already have post grad qualifications and years of related experience.

Anyway men also got to go for weeks of reservist every year right? Fair for women to call this disruption or not?

With regards to the max pay, this is what they told me. U may or may not get that, depending on experience and qualifications. If you are not new grad, don't waste ur time.

Meanwhile if ur heading for a compliance job, don't bother gg CPiB. Juz head directly into a bank and learn the ropes from there. Otherwise try CAD.
Hmm, I presume u are a lady who just went for the interview? In the first place, Cpib accepted and short listed you for a reason already? Upon interview, they wanted to remind you or to discourage you the cons being an IO.. I went for interview 2 years back, the cold hard truth was presented in another way as in long hours, work late at night and on stand by too.. With communication device for case reporting... Is a norm..

To be honest, every coy bothers a lot about maternity... But for reservist and annual leave consider they are entitlement and not say many weeks so can't compare..

Thanks for sharing anyway care to share if I have an opportunity now with SPF as SPO and CPiB IO, do u think if I leave either of the force I have chance to secure a compliance job in corporate security or banks? I have tried CAD and I can't get in due to academic irrelevance.. I am actually short listed for Cpib and SPO ...

I heard from career fair Cpib officer left the job for a higher pay with telco/bank fraud...same I heard from forum ex police join bank as compliance too... Which has higher chance or equally?

Just wondering if to jump ship, Cpib or SPF more transferable?