Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical Timeline for making a Hiring Decision - Page 334 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical Timeline for making a Hiring Decision

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #3331 (permalink)  
Old 04-06-2021, 01:27 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Since most are given in contract in the government sector, wonder if we have high chances to be converted to permanent staff? Or chances are pretty low?
Chances are quite Low.. they got quota for perm staff. If u damn lucky then u will be offered as their perm staff or else will be a perm contract . So basically we all working hard for a contract renewal lol .

Reply With Quote
  #3332 (permalink)  
Old 04-06-2021, 01:27 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Finished the final interview and had submitted all documents requested such as G50 form, medical form, payslip etc 1 week after interview. HR didnt verbally offer, only say in the midst of processing my application
In this case, your chances is very high. Put it this way, why would HR "waste time" to process your application if they have no intention to offer. So at this stage, you're like to be offer, unless (big if) you failed your medical or failed your clearance.

So back to your qns, should you wait? It depend if you have the time. If you have the time, you can wait as clearance, depending on the role you applying and which min/sb can be as long as 3~4 months. In between it will be total blackout. You will be worry but there's nothing you can do.

Reply With Quote
  #3333 (permalink)  
Old 04-06-2021, 01:32 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
In this case, your chances is very high. Put it this way, why would HR "waste time" to process your application if they have no intention to offer. So at this stage, you're like to be offer, unless (big if) you failed your medical or failed your clearance.

So back to your qns, should you wait? It depend if you have the time. If you have the time, you can wait as clearance, depending on the role you applying and which min/sb can be as long as 3~4 months. In between it will be total blackout. You will be worry but there's nothing you can do.
I have yet to go for medical checkup yet, only asked to declare any illness i had and some standard medical questions to answer. So i am kind of worried that they might not want me. So i am in a dilemma of whether to take the risk and wait. Because i really like this job and i am willing to give up the offer from the private company.

Reply With Quote
  #3334 (permalink)  
Old 04-06-2021, 01:41 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have yet to go for medical checkup yet, only asked to declare any illness i had and some standard medical questions to answer. So i am kind of worried that they might not want me. So i am in a dilemma of whether to take the risk and wait. Because i really like this job and i am willing to give up the offer from the private company.
The role you applying for its uniform unit? If no, you shouldn't be concern unless you have some serious health issue.

If you are really concern, you can take up the private offer first while waiting for this role.
Reply With Quote
  #3335 (permalink)  
Old 04-06-2021, 01:48 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have yet to go for medical checkup yet, only asked to declare any illness i had and some standard medical questions to answer. So i am kind of worried that they might not want me. So i am in a dilemma of whether to take the risk and wait. Because i really like this job and i am willing to give up the offer from the private company.
How about can ask HR to speed up? And let them know you have an offer currently?
No experience on this. But hopefully it may help.
Reply With Quote
  #3336 (permalink)  
Old 04-06-2021, 02:30 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
How about can ask HR to speed up? And let them know you have an offer currently?
No experience on this. But hopefully it may help.
Not a good suggestion. Expediate from candidate wont help. In fact, you may indirectly give next in line an opportunity if HR feedback to hiring team.

Wait patiently. If cant wait, take up the next offer.
Reply With Quote

  #3337 (permalink)  
Old 04-06-2021, 03:01 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
The role you applying for its uniform unit? If no, you shouldn't be concern unless you have some serious health issue.

If you are really concern, you can take up the private offer first while waiting for this role.
Not unfiormed unit, just a normal role at a ministry.

Thank you guys for the replis. The waiting time is so long and i dont dare to keep asking the HR too. I am worried wont get offered as processing my application could have negative meaning
Reply With Quote
  #3338 (permalink)  
Old 04-06-2021, 03:01 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Cpio/cad

Anyone applied to CPIO or CAD? How long do they take to revert for interviews
Reply With Quote
  #3339 (permalink)  
Old 04-06-2021, 03:35 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

If Iím currently in a diploma role and got myself a deg while working, will the hr of ps/cs recognise the experience in my currently role if I jump to another statboard/ministry or will I start off as a fresh grad pay?


Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills


SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android


SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go


SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app
Reply With Quote
  #3340 (permalink)  
Old 04-06-2021, 04:04 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Not unfiormed unit, just a normal role at a ministry.

Thank you guys for the replis. The waiting time is so long and i dont dare to keep asking the HR too. I am worried wont get offered as processing my application could have negative meaning
Hope my feedback helps.
Anyway, you passed the most difficult stage thats the both rounds of interview.
Although as explained that doesnt mean you will be awarded with offer but the chances is high.

Dont keep asking HR unless you know them personally. It wouldn't help.
If can, wait patiently else worry/concern you can alway take up the other offer.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Typical Millionaire Salary.sg Investments and Net Worth 4 08-09-2011 04:32 PM
Decision Making, Please Advice. vision Income and Jobs 14 07-09-2011 04:56 PM
Any Ministry or Statboard still offers permanent appointments? rapier82 Income and Jobs 1 02-09-2011 01:30 AM
usually what is the typical performance bonus in ministries like miwashi Income and Jobs 2 28-07-2011 03:47 PM
Making money from blogging or books Husky Income and Jobs 1 14-08-2009 05:27 PM

» 30 Recent Threads
GovTech ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
496 Replies, 346,533 Views
GovTech Tech Associate Program... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
122 Replies, 45,191 Views
High Finance Thread ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
348 Replies, 111,933 Views
How much are you earning per annum? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
12,780 Replies, 4,418,209 Views
DBS Graduate Associate Program ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,067 Replies, 567,792 Views
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,435 Replies, 1,396,276 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
14,366 Replies, 4,834,875 Views
DBS tech seed programme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,108 Replies, 271,731 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,071 Replies, 2,579,455 Views
How much do you earn and save? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
286 Replies, 111,858 Views
Engineer Pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
328 Replies, 148,314 Views
Working in a bank ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
524 Replies, 342,848 Views
Top paying companies in SG for... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
98 Replies, 138,941 Views
SIM-UOL fresh grad starting pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
6,155 Replies, 1,721,199 Views
Exxon Mobil Equipment tech or... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,879 Replies, 629,562 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,925 Replies, 1,462,904 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
12,731 Replies, 7,492,071 Views
Hospital (Private or Public)... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
93 Replies, 27,296 Views
Queries about Cpib application ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,289 Replies, 652,408 Views
Anyone work in JPM/GS/Morgan... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
67 Replies, 10,796 Views
Mnc jobs - a must in life ?? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
169 Replies, 69,057 Views
Getting MBA worth? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
135 Replies, 101,350 Views
Relocation to the US or stay in SG? ( 1 2 3)
22 Replies, 1,038 Views
Compilation of MAs/Analysts Gross... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
824 Replies, 222,770 Views
NUS (National University of... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
130 Replies, 123,530 Views
Anyone jobless for a long time... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,103 Replies, 1,330,701 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,952 Replies, 1,812,484 Views
If you can't find a company here... ( 1 2 3)
23 Replies, 2,748 Views
How much to ask for starting pay... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
201 Replies, 69,297 Views
Anyone working in Recruit express? ( 1 2 3)
29 Replies, 39,184 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 02:42 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2