Career as Teacher - Page 351 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




Career as Teacher

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #3501 (permalink)  
Old 07-04-2021, 07:37 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
why so triggered? lol This IS a salary forum...you want to read about pedagogies etc there are many many other groups online discussing those things. You go in chicken rice stall and expect to find art and craft material?
Well, the issue is the things that are said here are definitely not restricted to salaries alone. Unfortunately it also exposes the work attitude and horrible ethic of some of the teachers in Singapore.

Reply With Quote
  #3502 (permalink)  
Old 07-04-2021, 11:15 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Well, the issue is the things that are said here are definitely not restricted to salaries alone. Unfortunately it also exposes the work attitude and horrible ethic of some of the teachers in Singapore.
Unfortunately in life one cannot be totally idealistic. You think someone with 10 years exp originally joined the service "for the money"? Rubbish. If they joined for the money, they would have quit immediately after their bond (3 years) and gone to private sector to make big bux. But they stayed on for more than double the time.

It is human nature to seek new challenge and seek progression. Not just progression in workload and responsibility, but also reasonable salary progression to match. Who wants to earn the same real income as when they started? This year's increments only enough to beat inflation. Unfortunately a lot of teachers have their progression "glass ceiling"-ed by opaque ranking, promotion and advancement systems. It is human nature to be jaded after being driven by passion for the initial years but not seeing any tangible recognition for it. Will become sian one. No matter how good your work ethic and how strong your passion was, at the beginning.

Like the earlier commenter so aptly pointed out.. passion can pay the bills? I wish!!

Reply With Quote
  #3503 (permalink)  
Old 08-04-2021, 02:23 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
why so triggered? lol This IS a salary forum...you want to read about pedagogies etc there are many many other groups online discussing those things. You go in chicken rice stall and expect to find art and craft material?
Typical non-teacher with superiority complex who has never worked in MOE, coming here to gatekeep the struggles of the average MOE teacher.

As if it isn't human nature to dislike stagnation and lack of progress after doing the same thing over and over for years. Is it wrong and unethical to desire progression? Teachers are not doing charity or volunteer social work.

Reply With Quote
  #3504 (permalink)  
Old 08-04-2021, 02:30 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

May i know how is increment determined? I see many geo 3 to 4 getting 400+ but i only received about half. I was near ceiling when i was still at geo 3
Reply With Quote
  #3505 (permalink)  
Old 08-04-2021, 03:00 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
May i know how is increment determined? I see many geo 3 to 4 getting 400+ but i only received about half. I was near ceiling when i was still at geo 3
you already answered your qn. you were near your ceiling the the pay jump is less compared to someone who is geo3 but lower pay. Last time it was easier to see when there were clear cut 'steps' you see for individual grades but they removed that. You could actually know exactly how much someone earns frm yrs of service guess thats why they removed it. Easier way for you is to look at geo4 min....if you already hit the amt of min geo4 then your jump is minute. If you dont meet the min geo4 grade and you get promoted frm 3 to 4 then your incrwment is much higher. Hope that's clear
Reply With Quote
  #3506 (permalink)  
Old 08-04-2021, 03:09 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

GEO3: 3515 -5616
GEO4: 4545-7271

see the overlap. So if you are geo3 pay is 4k...get promoted to geo4 jump is abt 500odd.
If you geo3 pai is already at 4.5k then your jump is probably equivalent of 1 additional annual uncrement ie total 400.
Thats what happened to me when I went frm geo4 to geo5. Hence sime think nt worth it cos uncrement is little but expectations are higher ans chances of getting D as geo5 higher(mainly cos of KPs who are geo5 and nt gotten their seo grade yet)
Reply With Quote

  #3507 (permalink)  
Old 08-04-2021, 03:26 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Typical non-teacher with superiority complex who has never worked in MOE, coming here to gatekeep the struggles of the average MOE teacher.

As if it isn't human nature to dislike stagnation and lack of progress after doing the same thing over and over for years. Is it wrong and unethical to desire progression? Teachers are not doing charity or volunteer social work.
sure, since u desire progression, resign and do something else and get a 300% increment elsewhere. why stay on as a lowly moe teacher? lolol sad life
Reply With Quote
  #3508 (permalink)  
Old 08-04-2021, 04:39 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Hi all, may I know how is increment counted? My increment was the same as the previous year but my PB is 2 grades higher this year..

GEO 3
2020: C
2021: B
Reply With Quote
  #3509 (permalink)  
Old 08-04-2021, 04:44 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi all, may I know how is increment counted? My increment was the same as the previous year but my PB is 2 grades higher this year..

GEO 3
2020: C
2021: B
Increment was reduced across all grades this year. So if you got a C this year, you would have gotten less than last year.

a B's a good grade this year even though it has not yielded a higher MI, keep it up!
Reply With Quote
  #3510 (permalink)  
Old 08-04-2021, 05:30 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
GEO3: 3515 -5616
GEO4: 4545-7271

see the overlap. So if you are geo3 pay is 4k...get promoted to geo4 jump is abt 500odd.
If you geo3 pai is already at 4.5k then your jump is probably equivalent of 1 additional annual uncrement ie total 400.
Thats what happened to me when I went frm geo4 to geo5. Hence sime think nt worth it cos uncrement is little but expectations are higher ans chances of getting D as geo5 higher(mainly cos of KPs who are geo5 and nt gotten their seo grade yet)
Got it. Thanks. Just want to know that is not because cep is super low or what
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
school teacher pay dazzlego Income and Jobs 10 30-07-2015 12:39 PM
Career advice for mid-career changer Rhin Income and Jobs 5 21-07-2010 11:21 PM

» 30 Recent Threads
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,019 Replies, 2,513,635 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
13,794 Replies, 4,642,639 Views
GIC (Government of Singapore... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
331 Replies, 454,929 Views
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,722 Replies, 1,295,312 Views
GovTech Tech Associate Program... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
69 Replies, 36,680 Views
Tax ( 1 2 3)
22 Replies, 8,915 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
12,651 Replies, 7,369,963 Views
Breaking the Letter Of Commitment... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
31 Replies, 26,563 Views
How much are you earning per annum? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
12,723 Replies, 4,365,652 Views
How is HTX Associate Programme... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
31 Replies, 7,558 Views
DBS tech seed programme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
876 Replies, 227,468 Views
Roles in accenture singapore ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,031 Replies, 526,937 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,088 Replies, 2,534,036 Views
UOB Management Associate Program ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
458 Replies, 278,594 Views
MAS for Mid Career Professionals ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
487 Replies, 276,196 Views
Compilation of MAs/Analysts Gross... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
739 Replies, 202,560 Views
If you can't find a company here... ( 1 2)
15 Replies, 1,711 Views
Starting Pay for CS/Ministries... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
249 Replies, 111,971 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,788 Replies, 1,420,358 Views
Process Engineer Salary
3 Replies, 5,209 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,914 Replies, 1,760,297 Views
Maybe it's rosy after all
1 Replies, 1,622 Views
Best-paying jobs in the US
1 Replies, 2,812 Views
Bad for dragon babies
1 Replies, 2,262 Views
NTU graduates starting pay
1 Replies, 5,496 Views
IT salary benchmark
1 Replies, 2,499 Views
Income tax child relief
1 Replies, 2,056 Views
Best paying jobs: Executive
2 Replies, 3,341 Views
Secret of Singapore's success
1 Replies, 1,852 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 06:55 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2