ITE Aerospace/Avionics Lecturer Jobs - Page 3 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries

ITE Aerospace/Avionics Lecturer Jobs

Old 18-03-2012, 07:15 PM
Unregistered

Default salary n benefit of a TSO in aerospace in poly

wonder whether is there such a thing as perm staff in poly?it maybe contract initially followed by an offer to be perm.whats the benefit n salary scale?

Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills

SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android

Bursa Stocks Android App - check share prices
Bursa Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app
Old 18-03-2012, 07:56 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
wonder whether is there such a thing as perm staff in poly?it maybe contract initially followed by an offer to be perm.whats the benefit n salary scale?
heard nowadays all staff in poly are under contract, maybe those who are working in poly can confirm.

Old 18-03-2012, 11:12 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
heard nowadays all staff in poly are under contract, maybe those who are working in poly can confirm.
you are right bro. all position including managers are under the contract status but benefits are still the same as perm status. All poly and ite jobs no more iron rice blow, i advise all lae stick to your current job. Trust me, you might not like the pay cut and benefits. Let time do the talking, my side got a lot ex-lae regret quiting their jobs. Every 2 or 3 years will be to renewal, got one ex-lae contract was not renew therefore he had to leave, he is 34 but i heard from others he still looking for job for 6 months. No luck becoz when your licence expire, chances of going back to lae as good as ZERO. I know aviation hub is opening but will take 5 to 8 years to stable. My nephew just came back from Cranfield Univeristy with a master in avionics now he with ST aerospace working as avionics engineer. Heard that he earn $3.7K only.

Old 19-03-2012, 12:36 AM

Bean is on a distinguished road

Quote:
you are right bro. all position including managers are under the contract status but benefits are still the same as perm status. All poly and ite jobs no more iron rice blow, i advise all lae stick to your current job. Trust me, you might not like the pay cut and benefits. Let time do the talking, my side got a lot ex-lae regret quiting their jobs. Every 2 or 3 years will be to renewal, got one ex-lae contract was not renew therefore he had to leave, he is 34 but i heard from others he still looking for job for 6 months. No luck becoz when your licence expire, chances of going back to lae as good as ZERO. I know aviation hub is opening but will take 5 to 8 years to stable. My nephew just came back from Cranfield Univeristy with a master in avionics now he with ST aerospace working as avionics engineer. Heard that he earn $3.7K only.
he just ST aero this year?? under ST scholarship?? how many years of exp?

wow with master?!?

i heard that ST aero only offer 1st class with NS local grad 3.4k only!! in 2011
Old 19-03-2012, 02:02 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bean View Post
he just ST aero this year?? under ST scholarship?? how many years of exp?

wow with master?!?

i heard that ST aero only offer 1st class with NS local grad 3.4k only!! in 2011
no lar...my family and other relatives loan some money to go to UK to study. If he very smart then sure got people sponsor him study in uk. He from poly go to ntu then to cranfield. btw he got no aviation experience, he just randomly work in different engineering sector before hop into aviation hub. i wish all the best in his career and pray very he pay back my $$$$!!! LOL

i sugguest u guys look into engineering management then venture into aviation. Market very small in avionics then aerospace. There is a different please look into wiki.
Old 25-03-2012, 11:58 PM
Unregistered

actually STAerospace's overall pay is no too bad, 13 months plus productivity bonus can go up to 6months for A grader.
Good place to have a good saving for new engineer looking to buy HDB, car or clear your study loan.
As long as you are committed and perform, any company should value you.

Old 26-03-2012, 12:43 PM

Bean is on a distinguished road

Quote:
actually STAerospace's overall pay is no too bad, 13 months plus productivity bonus can go up to 6months for A grader.
Good place to have a good saving for new engineer looking to buy HDB, car or clear your study loan.
As long as you are committed and perform, any company should value you.
A grader only the very TOP performer can get.....

80% of people will get C grade, range from 2.3-3 month bonus only on average, maybe the next 15% will get B, 5% A.....

The grading system is not that fair after all!!!

and the annual/promotion increment really SUX!!!

if your base is 3k, annual increment range from 100-130, promotion increment range from 110-140....
Old 27-03-2012, 04:42 PM
Unregistered

Actually, not that difficult to get A. Easy to perfrom when most ppl are slack, just need to discuss with your boss what you need to do to get the better grade and set the performance expectation.
Most of the time is the attitude that make the differences, quite a number engineers I worked with always complaint of being under graded but as a third person who work with them, I see a factor in their character that hinders them. But most do not act on the advise and thus maintain what they are getting.
Those who heed the advise does see better performance.
Old 11-05-2012, 09:59 PM
Unregistered

Sorry, not pick up the pace faster but will be good if can pick up same speed as their peers. The students (in general, don't talk about those 1 or 2 good one) are struggling even after 2 yrs with ITE as most are lazy and bad attitude. No money as parent lah...so the next generation will still remain poor and getting worse...SUPER lazy....

ITE lecturer vormit blood a lot until become zoomies when teach students....most male students come ITE to escape NS while the girls don't want suffer (working life). Half class always miss lessons....the other 1/4 come for fun and make noise in class. Remaining 1/4 listen lesson for 15min and fall asleep...left one or three listening. Almost every 10min need to ask the noisy students to quiet down....only 1 min later noisy again. Do practical work...many lazy bum....prefer play iphone, psp, sit or sleep, come very late or give crazy excuse....Ask them if like that, can't find work how...reply is "prefer stay at home play game...parent will feed me"....what the @#%$@#%$#^#

The whole management need to change people...follow SMRT style.....the old people at top management can't wake up already....should allow punishment in school...easy to sack students who late or miss class more than 50% and send them go NS. Have military police in school to discipline students, like korea. Want busary, must do labour job to get it....let them build up hardworking attitude. Not ask teacher to help them apply and even complain need so many paperworks...even tell teacher he will use the money buy phone....what the %@%@#%.

Quote:
i agree that ITE students are easier to teach because the modules are basic compare to ploy and university standard. ITE are train to deliver the basic knowledges to their students so that when they enroll into poly. They will be able to pick up the pace faster with their peers.

On the other hand, i think ITE (Aerospace and Avionics) should show their students what is MRO industry are really like. Some of them attach to my side, they are surprise that the working environment is really tough in the MRO section.

Their ITE lecturers REALLY FAILED in their role because they are from airforce background and used their own experience and imagination to tell their students somethings that is not true. TRULY DISAPPOINTED with those bogus lecturers.

HEY ITE HQ PLEASE wake up and choose suitable lecturers to teach lar.....no more air force people...what happen to your recruitment drive??? Drive to causeway and lost your way? It is not late because u can U TURN.....

There are plenty of LAE wanted to teach but most of them are not called up for interview.....only airforce dude are called up.

SAD CASE....look like the B737 in ang mo kio campus will fall into the wrong hands again. Please get LAE to teach lar....no more hamster running around
Old 11-05-2012, 11:59 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Sorry, not pick up the pace faster but will be good if can pick up same speed as their peers. The students (in general, don't talk about those 1 or 2 good one) are struggling even after 2 yrs with ITE as most are lazy and bad attitude. No money as parent lah...so the next generation will still remain poor and getting worse...SUPER lazy....

ITE lecturer vormit blood a lot until become zoomies when teach students....most male students come ITE to escape NS while the girls don't want suffer (working life). Half class always miss lessons....the other 1/4 come for fun and make noise in class. Remaining 1/4 listen lesson for 15min and fall asleep...left one or three listening. Almost every 10min need to ask the noisy students to quiet down....only 1 min later noisy again. Do practical work...many lazy bum....prefer play iphone, psp, sit or sleep, come very late or give crazy excuse....Ask them if like that, can't find work how...reply is "prefer stay at home play game...parent will feed me"....what the @#%$@#%$#^#

The whole management need to change people...follow SMRT style.....the old people at top management can't wake up already....should allow punishment in school...easy to sack students who late or miss class more than 50% and send them go NS. Have military police in school to discipline students, like korea. Want busary, must do labour job to get it....let them build up hardworking attitude. Not ask teacher to help them apply and even complain need so many paperworks...even tell teacher he will use the money buy phone....what the %@%@#%.
haha... how true.... but ITE campuses are among the nicest in the world.