Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries

ITE Aerospace/Avionics Lecturer Jobs

Old 16-05-2012, 08:12 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
haha... how true.... but ITE campuses are among the nicest in the world.
Why need so mega nice campus.....for image....to attract the students so will not loiter in the street and join gang activities. But students themselves kill their own image.....you can go to check out the campus at abt 8 am or 6pm.....litter on the floor and floating the fountain....everyday play loud noisy music in the plaza.....wonder is it a school or entertainment area....ahhhhhhhhhhh

I believe that if you are low iq, then you must be hardworking to earn a decent good life....but these students are low iq ( that is the HARD TRUTH...a number of them can't even read 10cm from a ruler) and super lazy....and gov still give more money to these people......make them more lazy.....Out of the 7000 per campus size, min 50% are of above characters......Maybe anyone can share what happen now in poly ? Heard the new age students are also lazy.....

Old 08-10-2012, 10:13 AM

Enciel is on a distinguished road

Hi. Is ITE really so bad? I am considering lecturer there in the future...

Old 08-10-2012, 10:29 AM

Enciel is on a distinguished road

Is ITE really so bad???

Quote:
Sorry, not pick up the pace faster but will be good if can pick up same speed as their peers. The students (in general, don't talk about those 1 or 2 good one) are struggling even after 2 yrs with ITE as most are lazy and bad attitude. No money as parent lah...so the next generation will still remain poor and getting worse...SUPER lazy....

ITE lecturer vormit blood a lot until become zoomies when teach students....most male students come ITE to escape NS while the girls don't want suffer (working life). Half class always miss lessons....the other 1/4 come for fun and make noise in class. Remaining 1/4 listen lesson for 15min and fall asleep...left one or three listening. Almost every 10min need to ask the noisy students to quiet down....only 1 min later noisy again. Do practical work...many lazy bum....prefer play iphone, psp, sit or sleep, come very late or give crazy excuse....Ask them if like that, can't find work how...reply is "prefer stay at home play game...parent will feed me"....what the @#%$@#%$#^#

The whole management need to change people...follow SMRT style.....the old people at top management can't wake up already....should allow punishment in school...easy to sack students who late or miss class more than 50% and send them go NS. Have military police in school to discipline students, like korea. Want busary, must do labour job to get it....let them build up hardworking attitude. Not ask teacher to help them apply and even complain need so many paperworks...even tell teacher he will use the money buy phone....what the %@%@#%.

Old 18-10-2012, 04:30 PM
Unregistered

Smile Part time ITE lecturing

Anyone knows how much are part time lecturers in ITE paid?
Old 22-10-2012, 07:44 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
if the pay is so good at SIAEC, then how come your brother-in-law still wants to leave?

is the job at SIAEC and ITE a fair comparison for renumeration?

be mindful that you are making potentially defamatory statements unless you have proof to backup your allegations.
hmm is this trhead still alive?i know that ite will try to impriove on your last drawn salary if they want to give someone the job. so i can't really understand why this guy bro draw 4k, but recruiter offer 2.5k. Is either" (a) the salatry is not actually 4k or (2) the bro got retrenched no job for a few months.
Old 22-10-2012, 07:45 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Anyone knows how much are part time lecturers in ITE paid?
$60 an hour, 3 hours per lesson.

Old 22-10-2012, 07:48 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enciel View Post
Is ITE really so bad???
Yes and no.

Yes, the students there are as mentioned, some with terrible attitude. BUT! No, as in, after you teach them, even the naughtiest student you will feel something for them (like brotherly concern). If you really looking to teach, then can try , no harm. You may find a meaning different from what you expected.
Old 22-10-2012, 07:53 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Why need so mega nice campus.....for image....to attract the students so will not loiter in the street and join gang activities. But students themselves kill their own image.....you can go to check out the campus at abt 8 am or 6pm.....litter on the floor and floating the fountain....everyday play loud noisy music in the plaza.....wonder is it a school or entertainment area....ahhhhhhhhhhh

I believe that if you are low iq, then you must be hardworking to earn a decent good life....but these students are low iq ( that is the HARD TRUTH...a number of them can't even read 10cm from a ruler) and super lazy....and gov still give more money to these people......make them more lazy.....Out of the 7000 per campus size, min 50% are of above characters......Maybe anyone can share what happen now in poly ? Heard the new age students are also lazy.....
but they are like that due to their background, and they are young. If gov don't take care of them, then who will? Just leave them be?
however i agree with you on the loud music (should tone down, affects classes), and also that management should wake up their idea and be more active in the punishment. But sacking too many also no good, cos where will they go?
i feel ite management should enlist more help for the lecturers, esp with regard to discipline issue.
Old 07-04-2013, 02:29 PM
Unregistered

Smile

I went to the new AMK ITE several times, to visit the NTUC Fair price.
I like the environment and the students are not rowdy in campus.
I think it's good that such a new and beautiful school is built to provide a good environment for the youngsters who are not that academically inclined.
While in the campus, I have heard students making good comments and positive statements regarding study there. One said that the ITE is like a university.
Old 07-04-2013, 06:36 PM
hello!

I teach in ITE for close to 3 years.

i've wanted to teach ever since i'm in the uni becos i'm an idealist and feel that i can make a difference to the lives of others, for the better of course.

anyway, after 7 years in my field in the industry, I decided to try to apply for a lecturing position in ITE. my decision to leave the industry is simple, i'm chasing an earlier dream of mine, coupled with the fact that I wanted a work-life balance.

after going through 5 rounds of informal and formal interviews, I was finally offered the contract. however, i've to accept a significant pay cut to the tune of S$800/. this simply meant that I must re-organise my lifestyle and adapt accordingly.

i accepted the offer and was sent on course to learn how to be a more effective lecturer. I was worried that the students might come to school with bicycle chains and the likes, simply looking for trouble but was reassured that the students are very much mellowed and different.

ITE today is no longer the ITE of yesteryears. the students are more studious and are generally very well behaved. in my close to 3 years, i've not witnessed any gang related activities, fights and even outright discipline issues with students. i've never seen nor heard of any incident whereby a student is rude to his/her teacher. there might be but i've not seen.

from my own point of view, i realised that there is no greater job satisfaction than having your past students visit you, thank you for your help and finding out that they are doing well in their present workplace/school.

if you are thinking of earning big $$, then teaching is definitely not the one for you. the bonuses and such are alrite, nothing fantastic. i'm nowhere nearer to my previous pay after close to 3 years but i'm VERY happy to be able to teach, guide and even inspire some of my students.

best of all, the discussion among lecturers is always about how best to help certain student, how best to deliver lessons etc. as compared to my past experiences in the industry where we only talk about how much $$ we can earn, how much to charge and even office politics. not saying that there isn't office politics but it is way lesser.

if your aim is to help, nurture and care for the younger generation, then maybe teaching might be your cup of tea.

i look forward to school every day. can't say the same in my old line.

if anyone of you need further clarifications on teaching life in ITE, feel free to ask in this forum. i will reply when I read it.