Anyone work in JPM/GS/Morgan Stanley back office before? - Page 6 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




Anyone work in JPM/GS/Morgan Stanley back office before?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #51 (permalink)  
Old 10-06-2021, 01:29 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I'm not the poster of that claim, but I work in BB MO/BO.

Depends how expensive you want your condo and car to be.
At a base salary of slightly >100k per annum. Within 5-6 years, I am able to afford downpayment for a 1.5m condo + a decent continental car by myself if I want.

Of course, tanking the monthly installments is a challenge if you're doing it by yourself (about 40-50% of your take home pay will go to loan/mortgage payments), but definitely doable.
Hello there, thank you for sharing! Mind sharing your starting salary as a BB MO/BO? How was your promotion/progression like over the years? Thanks!

Reply With Quote
  #52 (permalink)  
Old 10-06-2021, 02:43 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I'm not the poster of that claim, but I work in BB MO/BO.

Depends how expensive you want your condo and car to be.
At a base salary of slightly >100k per annum. Within 5-6 years, I am able to afford downpayment for a 1.5m condo + a decent continental car by myself if I want.

Of course, tanking the monthly installments is a challenge if you're doing it by yourself (about 40-50% of your take home pay will go to loan/mortgage payments), but definitely doable.
Yeah definitely doable. 5-6 years for high performers usually Around 120-160k already total compensation. Quite dangerous if going solo as bb axe people fast and furious if underperform. Assuming combine with wife who draws an average salary say 5k per month and mortgage would be a breeze. Conti car is definitely easily within reach.

Disclaimer: only for US big 3 BBs

Reply With Quote
  #53 (permalink)  
Old 10-06-2021, 04:21 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Yeah definitely doable. 5-6 years for high performers usually Around 120-160k already total compensation. Quite dangerous if going solo as bb axe people fast and furious if underperform. Assuming combine with wife who draws an average salary say 5k per month and mortgage would be a breeze. Conti car is definitely easily within reach.

Disclaimer: only for US big 3 BBs
Are you working at one the BBs in MO/BO? Care to share your career and salary progression?

Reply With Quote
  #54 (permalink)  
Old 12-06-2021, 08:14 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Are you working at one the BBs in MO/BO? Care to share your career and salary progression?
what has been shared in this thread by earlier posters is accurate
Reply With Quote
  #55 (permalink)  
Old 12-06-2021, 08:16 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
what has been shared in this thread by earlier posters is accurate
Hmm 5-6 years YOE hitting 160k TC seems a tad high though
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Banking - Back Office fishball Income and Jobs 238 18-06-2021 04:35 PM
Standard Chartered Bank Back Office brandon Income and Jobs 51 26-01-2021 08:09 PM
jump from back office to front office graduation bear Income and Jobs 43 01-12-2016 08:12 PM
Salary for Research Analyst at Morgan Stanley / Detuche Bank? jjason Income and Jobs 3 04-10-2015 04:43 PM
Big 4 back-office rank & salary structure adclicko1 Income and Jobs 1 30-08-2015 11:47 AM

» 30 Recent Threads
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,854 Replies, 1,637,009 Views
AML/Compliance/KYC professionals... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,468 Replies, 697,879 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
12,912 Replies, 4,294,192 Views
UBS Financial Services Industry... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
432 Replies, 102,012 Views
How much are you earning per annum? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
12,474 Replies, 4,247,760 Views
NCS (SingTel subsidiary) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
550 Replies, 418,536 Views
MOM(ACE) offers good career... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
31 Replies, 3,022 Views
Starter job for HR
0 Replies, 57 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,910 Replies, 2,415,395 Views
Unilever UFLP 2018 ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
40 Replies, 13,657 Views
Roles in accenture singapore ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,930 Replies, 466,853 Views
GovTech ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
417 Replies, 293,414 Views
Civil Service Performance Bonus ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,681 Replies, 1,982,406 Views
For those with 2-5 YOE, what is... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
329 Replies, 34,438 Views
Finance Student Career Advice ( 1 2)
17 Replies, 1,687 Views
Band 4 and Band 5 in Standard... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
30 Replies, 25,636 Views
DSTA (under Mindef) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
988 Replies, 708,831 Views
GIC (Government of Singapore... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
323 Replies, 436,722 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,511 Replies, 1,327,407 Views
SIM-UOL fresh grad starting pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
6,043 Replies, 1,631,255 Views
which have a better prospect,... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
63 Replies, 10,903 Views
Really that bad for engineers? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,238 Replies, 915,355 Views
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,051 Replies, 1,130,506 Views
MAS for Mid Career Professionals ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
446 Replies, 248,473 Views
What MAP should I apply?...
9 Replies, 2,260 Views
How rich/poor am I compared to... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
72 Replies, 63,464 Views
Anyone jobless for a long time... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,048 Replies, 1,276,668 Views
Civil engineering pay
6 Replies, 1,708 Views
HDB (under MND) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
452 Replies, 356,778 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 06:53 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2