Anyone work in JPM/GS/Morgan Stanley back office before? - Page 8 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




Anyone work in JPM/GS/Morgan Stanley back office before?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #71 (permalink)  
Old 26-10-2021, 08:56 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I work for one of the 3 banks listed here. Lol u only need to get compliance approval? Then MAS should close down your bank soon. And also dont forget about the 30 day holding period. U absolutely can't buy stocks like DWAC for a quick fortune and thrill when there are such restrictions lol.

For me I simply cant take away trading from my life, it helps to bring joy and destress me from work, so choosing to go away from FO is a natural choice.
I doubt you work for one of the 3. Every employee in a bank is subject to the same restrictions, BO, MO or FO. This is exactly the same situation as the big 4. So why are you, a BO or MO guy exempt from the same rules as FO? The FO working in the same company could easily tell the MO guy to invest on his behalf. Remember, MO functions like Risk works extensively with FO functions. So you're telling me that MAS choses to stay blind to this very obvious loophole? Btw, this also applies to all MAS exempted buy-side firms. All are subjected to the same compliance checks.

30 days holding period is true but come on you're telling me the FO guys who have practically spent most of their waking houes doing financial modelling (IB) and industry and stock research (S&T) chooses to buy meme stocks because some patterns or lines tell them to buy? So when it comes to their personal finances, they chose to forget their intellectual rigor when it most matters?

If you wanna do day or swing trading, be my guest. But EHM would always prevail in developed markets and you'll eventually be on the losing end. Go to any brokerage and the statistics are telling. 70%+ of all retail traders lose money. Retail traders are the very people using these backward technical analysis models. I don't care who you are, whether you are one of the 20+% retail investor not losing money. If you're speculating on meme stocks like DWAC where all the dumb money are, probabilistically you're gonna end up 1 of the 70+%.

TLDR: You sure the hell don't work in any of these banks, let alone in the financial sector.

Reply With Quote
  #72 (permalink)  
Old 27-10-2021, 05:19 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Is this a thread for anonymous people to network and get into JP/GS/MS?

Reply With Quote
  #73 (permalink)  
Old 18-12-2021, 04:59 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I doubt you work for one of the 3. Every employee in a bank is subject to the same restrictions, BO, MO or FO. This is exactly the same situation as the big 4. So why are you, a BO or MO guy exempt from the same rules as FO? The FO working in the same company could easily tell the MO guy to invest on his behalf. Remember, MO functions like Risk works extensively with FO functions. So you're telling me that MAS choses to stay blind to this very obvious loophole? Btw, this also applies to all MAS exempted buy-side firms. All are subjected to the same compliance checks.

30 days holding period is true but come on you're telling me the FO guys who have practically spent most of their waking houes doing financial modelling (IB) and industry and stock research (S&T) chooses to buy meme stocks because some patterns or lines tell them to buy? So when it comes to their personal finances, they chose to forget their intellectual rigor when it most matters?

If you wanna do day or swing trading, be my guest. But EHM would always prevail in developed markets and you'll eventually be on the losing end. Go to any brokerage and the statistics are telling. 70%+ of all retail traders lose money. Retail traders are the very people using these backward technical analysis models. I don't care who you are, whether you are one of the 20+% retail investor not losing money. If you're speculating on meme stocks like DWAC where all the dumb money are, probabilistically you're gonna end up 1 of the 70+%.

TLDR: You sure the hell don't work in any of these banks, let alone in the financial sector.
I'm not the original poster but some banks have different rules for Public-Facing(Front Office) Vs Non-Public Facing.E.g They erect a virtual china wall etc. I now work for a local bank and MO and BO can trade without any restrictions as long as they use the company's brokerage account. A different set of rules apply for the FO. One of the IBs I worked when I graduate only allows MO and BO to trade and we must transfer all our holdings to their designated brokerage.

Reply With Quote
  #74 (permalink)  
Old 18-12-2021, 08:23 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Lol. Wow. MO/BO drive conti + 3BR condo. I am 2yr exp in FO S&T drawing 170k base with last taken 65k bonus. I have a 3BR condo, no car. And FYI most of the seniors in trade floor take the MRT.
Reply With Quote
  #75 (permalink)  
Old 18-12-2021, 11:07 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Lol. Wow. MO/BO drive conti + 3BR condo. I am 2yr exp in FO S&T drawing 170k base with last taken 65k bonus. I have a 3BR condo, no car. And FYI most of the seniors in trade floor take the MRT.
David Solomon takes the subway to work.
Reply With Quote
  #76 (permalink)  
Old 21-12-2021, 01:27 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Is this a thread for anonymous people to network and get into JP/GS/MS?
u mean ppl who dream of getting in but cant get in and lament on this forum?
Reply With Quote

Reply

Bookmarks

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Banking - Back Office fishball Income and Jobs 239 20-09-2021 10:22 PM
Standard Chartered Bank Back Office brandon Income and Jobs 51 26-01-2021 08:09 PM
jump from back office to front office graduation bear Income and Jobs 43 01-12-2016 08:12 PM
Salary for Research Analyst at Morgan Stanley / Detuche Bank? jjason Income and Jobs 3 04-10-2015 04:43 PM
Big 4 back-office rank & salary structure adclicko1 Income and Jobs 1 30-08-2015 11:47 AM

» 30 Recent Threads
GovTech ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,576 Replies, 472,648 Views
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
5,062 Replies, 1,675,178 Views
JP Morgan ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
114 Replies, 72,274 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
13,328 Replies, 7,875,096 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
15,525 Replies, 5,338,127 Views
MAS for Mid Career Professionals ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
771 Replies, 371,160 Views
Bloomberg/Factset/Re... ( 1 2)
12 Replies, 10,756 Views
Singtel Management Associate... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
522 Replies, 188,624 Views
OCBC Bank
4 Replies, 244 Views
Fresh grad 2020 ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
53 Replies, 20,867 Views
ST Electronics ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,480 Replies, 689,964 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,329 Replies, 2,807,583 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,197 Replies, 1,969,993 Views
Whats your net worth ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,902 Replies, 1,007,299 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,493 Replies, 2,758,800 Views
Htx ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
60 Replies, 7,690 Views
SLA (Singapore Land Authority) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
33 Replies, 21,629 Views
CAD (Commercial Affairs Department) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
205 Replies, 157,461 Views
If you can't find a company here... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
52 Replies, 6,674 Views
Banks' Pay and Bonuses ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
456 Replies, 202,684 Views
SEA (Garena) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
53 Replies, 44,785 Views
UOB Management Associate Program ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
636 Replies, 326,746 Views
Citibank Singapore ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
174 Replies, 123,441 Views
Cpf senior manager
6 Replies, 2,589 Views
DBS Graduate Associate Program ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,143 Replies, 634,707 Views
ICA (under Home Affairs) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
109 Replies, 172,774 Views
How rich/poor am I compared to... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
103 Replies, 91,602 Views
Working Culture in IRAS ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
60 Replies, 100,057 Views
GovTech Tech Associate Program... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
190 Replies, 63,912 Views
High Finance Thread ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
440 Replies, 142,942 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 07:15 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2