Associate in DBS - Page 4 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




Associate in DBS

 Citibank Cash Back Card - up to $350 cash back* - Click to Apply Now 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #31 (permalink)  
Old 30-12-2011, 05:40 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fxster View Post
Did u have 5 years of pure credit experience without other experiences? $4.4k sounds abit low, too low in fact.

I had 3-4 credit experience only, but 9yrs of working experiences including audit firms and corporate finance. Currently not in Credit Analyst but trying to get in (not particularly DBS, but any bank). Do u think it's reasonable for me to ask for >$7k?
No leh, i had 1.5 years of operations experience, 1 year of pure credit and then 2 years of corporate banking RM experience.



SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iPhone


SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go


SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app
Reply With Quote
  #32 (permalink)  
Old 30-12-2011, 06:00 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 3
fxster is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
No leh, i had 1.5 years of operations experience, 1 year of pure credit and then 2 years of corporate banking RM experience.
Oh in that case probably 4.4k sounds reasonable.

Reply With Quote
  #33 (permalink)  
Old 30-12-2011, 07:04 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
No leh, i had 1.5 years of operations experience, 1 year of pure credit and then 2 years of corporate banking RM experience.
But when u joined for $4.4k, did they give u an increment of 20% over your last drawn basic pay? My impression is normally this is how it works.

Reply With Quote
  #34 (permalink)  
Old 22-03-2012, 08:21 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

hey for DBS, usually how long does it take to get promoted from

analyst -> associate -> avp -> vp ??

assuming you join them as an analyst as a fresh grad
Reply With Quote
  #35 (permalink)  
Old 22-03-2012, 09:33 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
hey for DBS, usually how long does it take to get promoted from

analyst -> associate -> avp -> vp ??

assuming you join them as an analyst as a fresh grad
8yrs if you are in middle office and you are good
5yrs if you are in front office and you are good
Reply With Quote
  #36 (permalink)  
Old 22-03-2012, 10:56 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

ooh okay thanks!.. I heard from my friends that usually after a while (about 4 years) almost everyone will eventually become an AVP. But from AVP to VP might take very long..is it true?


Then how about those in back office like technology??


SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iPhone


SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go


SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app
Reply With Quote

  #37 (permalink)  
Old 23-03-2012, 02:41 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
ooh okay thanks!.. I heard from my friends that usually after a while (about 4 years) almost everyone will eventually become an AVP. But from AVP to VP might take very long..is it true?


Then how about those in back office like technology??

If your friend is right and everyone takes 4 years to move from analyst -> associate -> avp that would mean almost a promotion a year. If you ask me, I'd say the good performers might be able to experience this sort of progression. Most people with average performance (forced ranking below the top 10 percentile) would take probably something like 6 years or so to hit AVP. Then again, AVPs in different banks, even amongst the local banks, may not be exactly equal. I believe AVPs in UOB are easier to reach. I've seen AVPs in UOB move on to other banks with a lower ranks, abeit higher pay of course.
Reply With Quote
  #38 (permalink)  
Old 24-03-2012, 11:23 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
ooh okay thanks!.. I heard from my friends that usually after a while (about 4 years) almost everyone will eventually become an AVP. But from AVP to VP might take very long..is it true?


Then how about those in back office like technology??
There is no such title as AVP back in 2004 in DBS. In fact title is only analyst, associate, VP, MD back then. Not even SVP.
Due to title inflation in the market, and to make the employees happy after many rounds of low bonus 2001-2004 and removal of fixed 15month salary base, DBS started dishing out these inflated titles without any meaningful wage adjustment.
However when market started to pick up in 2006 onwards, people left in doves to join foreign banks who were rapidly expanding, usually with 25% pay increment. A round or two musical chair rotation (at 20% every step) and high yearly increment in foreign banks (10% is quite normal) means most banking salaried workers' wage is up at least 100% from 2006.

Now in 2012, fortune starts to change, many european banks are retrenching, these people are back again, now with equipped with expertise gained in foreign setup, they are now holding titles like SVP. You will find a lot of these in back office technology.....
Reply With Quote
  #39 (permalink)  
Old 24-03-2012, 11:28 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
There is no such title as AVP back in 2004 in DBS. In fact title is only analyst, associate, VP, MD back then. Not even SVP.
Due to title inflation in the market, and to make the employees happy after many rounds of low bonus 2001-2004 and removal of fixed 15month salary base, DBS started dishing out these inflated titles without any meaningful wage adjustment.
However when market started to pick up in 2006 onwards, people left in doves to join foreign banks who were rapidly expanding, usually with 25% pay increment. A round or two musical chair rotation (at 20% every step) and high yearly increment in foreign banks (10% is quite normal) means most banking salaried workers' wage is up at least 100% from 2006.

Now in 2012, fortune starts to change, many european banks are retrenching, these people are back again, now with equipped with expertise gained in foreign setup, they are now holding titles like SVP. You will find a lot of these in back office technology.....
so moral of story, if you are stuck too long at one rank e.g. AVP, move on. You can rebrand yourself and come back as SVP
Reply With Quote
  #40 (permalink)  
Old 07-04-2012, 03:34 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Fellow colleague

Hi,

For those who have experience working in this bank, can kindly advise if

1) i get mid year increment in salary, will I still get another increment at year end? Common, rare or impossible?

2) Is it common for most folks to get mid year increments?

Thanks for any advice/inputs.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
salary for second year senior associate in Big 4 HaigNY Income and Jobs 30 16-10-2012 10:30 PM

» 30 Recent Threads
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
10,094 Replies, 5,576,888 Views
Queries about Cpib application ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,088 Replies, 498,702 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
7,546 Replies, 2,597,185 Views
Pay for digital marketing agencies
7 Replies, 2,100 Views
Any Kaplan students here can land... ( 1 2)
14 Replies, 958 Views
ST Electronics ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
666 Replies, 210,157 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,291 Replies, 906,179 Views
Sign On After 30? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
33 Replies, 2,805 Views
[advice] Recruitment agency... ( 1 2)
14 Replies, 1,827 Views
DBS Management Associate Program... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,750 Replies, 268,763 Views
Android, iPhone and iPad Apps For...
2 Replies, 2,342 Views
How much do you earn and save? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
96 Replies, 12,448 Views
Anyone being hired during covid... ( 1 2)
12 Replies, 593 Views
HR Career advice
2 Replies, 1,343 Views
where can i buy nintendo stock?
5 Replies, 3,290 Views
Can share your your car...
1 Replies, 139 Views
What's the graduate officer... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
53 Replies, 12,709 Views
Anyone jobless for a long time... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,906 Replies, 1,083,006 Views
Whats your net worth ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,728 Replies, 796,792 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,292 Replies, 1,904,025 Views
Factual Local Bank Salaries - DBS... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
156 Replies, 75,038 Views
need some info on CNB
0 Replies, 120 Views
Working in HDB ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
335 Replies, 263,191 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,183 Replies, 967,485 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,653 Replies, 1,603,645 Views
AML/Compliance/KYC professionals... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,379 Replies, 563,908 Views
High Finance Thread ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
88 Replies, 15,254 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 09:01 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2