Third Party Contract From Government - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




Third Party Contract From Government

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 15-07-2020, 12:08 AM
Verified Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2020
Posts: 23
xeltech is on a distinguished road
Default Third Party Contract From Government

Anybody receives offers from third party agency from Government companies?
i received an offer from them from GovTech


what are the chances to be converted to government contract?
Singaporean Here

Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 15-07-2020, 08:44 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Time and chance matters.

In terms of natural pathway you have zero chance.

But if your work puts you in close and frequent contact with the permanent direct hires, you can try to integrate yourself so well in their team and show that you can do their work as good as, if not better than them, to the point where when an opening comes up you can apply and they would be willing to seriously consider you.

If you work in some remote backend office then you wouldn't have that opportunity to even create an opportunity.

Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 15-07-2020, 10:29 AM
Verified Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2020
Posts: 23
xeltech is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Time and chance matters.

In terms of natural pathway you have zero chance.

But if your work puts you in close and frequent contact with the permanent direct hires, you can try to integrate yourself so well in their team and show that you can do their work as good as, if not better than them, to the point where when an opening comes up you can apply and they would be willing to seriously consider you.

If you work in some remote backend office then you wouldn't have that opportunity to even create an opportunity.
Thank you! have you heard people move from third party contract to Gov Contract.

Since there is covid going around, i decided to sign it. Hopefully i am able to gain exposure from this

Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 15-07-2020, 10:56 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeltech View Post
Thank you! have you heard people move from third party contract to Gov Contract.

Since there is covid going around, i decided to sign it. Hopefully i am able to gain exposure from this
Cheers, and congrats on your new job. I haven't heard of someone going from 3rd party contract to perm direct hire. But I have seen contract direct hire snagging a role as perm direct hire when th opening came up, simply because they fit in and could do the work well. This way of getting in should apply to a 3rd party contractor like you if you get enough face time.

You will have to work hard to carve out your opportunities. Good luck!
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 15-07-2020, 11:53 PM
Verified Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2020
Posts: 23
xeltech is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Cheers, and congrats on your new job. I haven't heard of someone going from 3rd party contract to perm direct hire. But I have seen contract direct hire snagging a role as perm direct hire when th opening came up, simply because they fit in and could do the work well. This way of getting in should apply to a 3rd party contractor like you if you get enough face time.

You will have to work hard to carve out your opportunities. Good luck!
thank you for your wise words. i appreciate it !

i will continue work hard and hopefully get my supervisor recognition.
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 16-07-2020, 04:48 PM
Super Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2020
Posts: 222
sinkingfeeling is on a distinguished road
Default

Are you a local or private uni grad?
Reply With Quote

  #7 (permalink)  
Old 22-07-2020, 08:37 PM
Verified Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2020
Posts: 23
xeltech is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinkingfeeling View Post
Are you a local or private uni grad?
hello, i am a private masters student. finished his MIT this year
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 22-07-2020, 08:57 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Any job is better than no job now. Now is not the time to even think about salary or type of employment terms. Most important is the jobscope will add value to your experience and resume.

Even if its 3rd party contract, your status as is better as 'employed' rather than unemployed.
Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 23-07-2020, 09:06 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Any job is better than no job now. Now is not the time to even think about salary or type of employment terms. Most important is the jobscope will add value to your experience and resume.

Even if its 3rd party contract, your status as is better as 'employed' rather than unemployed.
stand up against slavery. i'd rather find a company who treats employees with dignity than one which unscrupulously depresses wages by taking advantage of a downturn
Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 26-07-2020, 01:12 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
stand up against slavery. i'd rather find a company who treats employees with dignity than one which unscrupulously depresses wages by taking advantage of a downturn
you can say this only if ur parents are rich and are still willing to support you
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
agency, civil servant, government, govtech, stat board

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Direct Contract vs External Agencies Contract: what the difference and which is bette dreamzknight Income and Jobs 3 13-08-2018 08:05 PM
Government Jobs , can get in ?? rampa001 Income and Jobs 2 13-06-2017 12:48 PM
Government Lease Management Gslave Income and Jobs 0 20-07-2015 03:54 PM
All-In-One Playsuits For Summer Party With ASOS Sale alex13689 General Discussions 0 10-06-2015 10:44 AM
Pay Rise For Government Leaders Salary.sg Income and Jobs 10 20-02-2009 09:17 AM

» 30 Recent Threads
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
16,529 Replies, 13,007,858 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
6,564 Replies, 4,019,845 Views
Any Ministry or Statboard still... ( 1 2 3)
22 Replies, 14,480 Views
INL Agency? Brand Communication...
6 Replies, 776 Views
DSO (under Mindef) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
54 Replies, 71,911 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
11,813 Replies, 7,257,106 Views
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
18,684 Replies, 5,590,628 Views
How much are you earning per annum? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
14,390 Replies, 6,662,141 Views
IMDA (under MCI) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,439 Replies, 728,690 Views
Best Stat board/Ministry ( 1 2 3)
22 Replies, 38,965 Views
ST Electronics ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,971 Replies, 1,711,019 Views
For those with 2-5 YOE, what is... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,204 Replies, 481,932 Views
Rakuten Software Engineer (Fresh... ( 1 2)
10 Replies, 6,400 Views
MFA- Foreign Service... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
64 Replies, 91,307 Views
DSTA (under Mindef) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,684 Replies, 1,514,280 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
6,115 Replies, 4,956,471 Views
Working in SIT (Singapore...
4 Replies, 6,136 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
21,458 Replies, 10,900,651 Views
Salary for JPM Summer Analyst
0 Replies, 58 Views
MAS for Mid Career Professionals ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,349 Replies, 1,198,413 Views
Roles in accenture singapore ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
8,188 Replies, 2,600,031 Views
Hospital (Private or Public)... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
977 Replies, 507,486 Views
Engineer Pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
668 Replies, 487,016 Views
LTA (Land Transport Authority) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
925 Replies, 492,821 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
7,609 Replies, 3,670,130 Views
Early Retirement ( 1 2 3)
22 Replies, 18,104 Views
GovTech ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
6,669 Replies, 2,660,648 Views
HSBC Bank ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
63 Replies, 120,009 Views
UOB Management Associate Program ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,491 Replies, 838,668 Views
NCS (SingTel subsidiary) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,586 Replies, 1,271,076 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 07:03 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2