Aircraft Maintenance License and Courses - Page 6 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Education and Personal Growth

Education and Personal Growth Schools, further studies, getting ready for employment, and motivation stuff

Aircraft Maintenance License and Courses

Old 16-05-2011, 06:41 PM

Dionne Monic is on a distinguished road
Default Inquiry for Deg in Aerospace Systems

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi,

I'm pretty unsure whether should I join SIAEC as a trainee, would like to seek your advice. I already cleared 2 interviews and going for the next one soon.

I'm thinking of joining this industry cos I heard the prospects are good, and if you have the license, you can work anywhere in the world, I have no passion or whatever in aviation. And I think I'm a rather hands on person. I have a diploma in avionics and have the relevant exemptions but SIAEC still gonna put me under the full training of 4 yrs, its called a scholarship now and the pay now is 1k flat throughout, there are no more benefits like annual increment, free tix like last time.

So they told me I'll be put under B2 training. I'm not sure what are the prospects (demand, career advancement) like for a B2 license holder. But people have told me B2 holders do not have to lie in a pool of oil looking for that oil leak at night with a torch or the situation you mentioned above; its much cleaner a jobscope. They only do wiring, replace units, more senang but same pay. So B2 lae jobs is actually good ?

I'm also doing an aerospace systems degree in unisim, is it recognised by the aviation industries, or do they only take in those elite degrees from NTU aerospace. Is it a wise choice to finish my degree and be a white collar engineer or better off being an LAE because most lae don't have a degree but they take in around the same pay with paid OT. I heard engineers 'ot' are unpaid.

Regardless of which path I take, do all those qualifications and experience put me ahead of others if I leave the MRO industries and try to be an SIA pilot ?

Thanks aplenty !
Hi,
I'm thinking to take Deg in Aerospace Systems in UniSIM or Aviation in Maintenance. How's life in Aerospace Systems? After getting that degree, how do u think what you can do in the aerospace industry?

Thanks!

Old 16-05-2011, 08:23 PM

Default Aerospace career

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
1) I sincerely advice u not to join ...

2)Bro I am a B2 license holder, it is not true that it is a cleaner job, I ask u, which area of the aircraft not powered or control by electrical wires, flap, slats, oil pump, wheel well, wheels, gears .... and u expect this area to be oil free, dirt free. In order to access these system to do wiring chk, u still hav to climb, crawl, lie down ... u name it. And they dun give a damn day or night, got defect, pls do!
I sincerely advice u not to join...

3) I advice u to take a degree as me and my peers are stuck, we are now trying ways to complete a degree as LAE(running shift how to study part time??) now no prospect, no money(now cutting cost, the shift pattern already so disgusting, if u still wanna/can come back for OT, u are a robot!), no life(eat, sleep, wake up work,.. All this without OT, jus normal shift), no friends(eat, sleep, work), if u still havent found a galfren(all males environment, unless u like same sex...), then be prepared to buy a foreign bride(where got time to dating, cabin crew also see u no up).

4) Being a LAE does not give u the advantage, in fact u hav to complete the bond or resign from SIAEC then apply for pilot...
Go get a degree and take up pilot direct, u wanna drive ferrari or repair ferrari...???

5) Money is good for those senior LAE, now the newer ones hav to suffer due to worst shift pattern(keep changing new shift pattern to squeeze u dry), cheaper better faster, shortage of manpower, equipment, resources....
My peers LAE keep asking one another is it our karma or we did something very bad in our past life, if not why we end up here, wanna leave still got 2 more years of bond...

6) I wasted 10mins of my precious off day to give u a sincere advice, asking u not to join so u will not suffer like us, if u insist, then u also maybe have a bad karma like us...
Hi Bro,
I already read in detail all of postings under this title esp your posting. I'm a Fresh Graduate ,diploma in Aerospace Electronics. I'm so keen to go under SIAEC as a LAE. Unfortunately, I'm a foreigner lady and I doubt that I can't go in among S'poreans and SPRs.

My dream is to be a LAE and I'm considering the ways to take CAAS papers.After reading this forum, I think again would it be so pathetic to take in.

I'm not willing to go to the semicom field and I would like to work at one of aerospace industries. Here are some of fellow questions that I'm doubting. I will appreciate that if someone drops the appropriate answers for me!

1) If I want to be a LAE, how could I do it in other ways?

2) what if an LAE position field is not right for a lady, what kind of position should I go in under aerospace industry except air hostages?

3) I'm thinking to take BEng of Science in Aerospace Operations at ATTC or
Aerospace Systems at UniSim or Aviation Maintenance at UniSim.

Which one should I take it and what's the prospect to apply at a career?

I urgently need the answers and I want to make the right decision for my career.
I'll be realli appreciated that if someone does the answering for me! Thanks!

Old 08-06-2011, 01:06 PM
JunitaMcentire

Default Thankful to come together each one at this site

Grateful to reach all men and women at this point

Old 13-06-2011, 01:54 AM

yap is on a distinguished road

Hi! I am from Malaysia but I recently saw this post regarding AME license which catch my interest so badly as I was finding more info about it and plan to get my AME license at Singapore.

Currently I'm studying Mechanical Engineering degree at Australia as it will provide me much options but I always had interest in aircraft maintenance engineering.

First of all, is it possible for me to pursue this career after my degree?

Secondly, how do I get AME license to become LAE after my degree course? Is it through apprenticeship with airline company or vocational schools?

Hopefully you guys can answer my questions,thanks!
Old 13-06-2011, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yap View Post
Hi! I am from Malaysia but I recently saw this post regarding AME license which catch my interest so badly as I was finding more info about it and plan to get my AME license at Singapore.

Currently I'm studying Mechanical Engineering degree at Australia as it will provide me much options but I always had interest in aircraft maintenance engineering.

First of all, is it possible for me to pursue this career after my degree?

Secondly, how do I get AME license to become LAE after my degree course? Is it through apprenticeship with airline company or vocational schools?

Hopefully you guys can answer my questions,thanks!

1) why dont you try to go to other career in aerospace industry rather than LAE with your degree from Ausi?
2) if you are singaporean or SPR, there are 2 intakes, April & Aug in SIAEC. Currently it starts recruiting for Aug Intake. But U have to bond for 7 or 8 years. If I'm in your place, I would apply other positions at aerospace industry rather than LAE!
Old 13-06-2011, 09:42 PM

Other career in aero industry such as?

I'm interested in LAE because I'm quite a practical person that prefer hand-ons job rather than office jobs...

Let say I want to get LAE license, how do I get it in Malaysia or Singapore? Can I get it in Singapore?

Old 13-06-2011, 09:53 PM

By the way, can a Malaysian go SIAEC training/apprenticeship to obtain LAE license?
Old 16-06-2011, 10:37 AM
Unregistered

Default School results

How are our sch results going to be relevant in the acceptance for the SIAEC LAE intake? I am v v v v interested by currently have a GPA of only 2. Anyone knows of the minimum cut off GPA for the SIAEC LAE intake?

And anyone also awaiting reply from SIAEC for the current intake for LAEs? I am applicant and currently waiting for their reply :/
Old 18-06-2011, 06:08 PM
Unregistered

To those who are already a LAE in either SIAEC/SASCO,

I am currently having interview with SIAEC for the AML Scholarship... and 1 upcoming interview for SASCO Trainee LAE...

May I know which company is better? in terms of pay, job prospects, benefits?

Hope someone will respond, deeply appreciated.
Old 20-06-2011, 11:45 AM
Unregistered

Default know your stuff

for the interview know your stuff.

like how a gas turbine operates.
and how a bloody aircraft stays up in the air or fly.