MAS for Mid Career Professionals - Page 52 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Companies

Companies Discuss companies and organisations.




MAS for Mid Career Professionals

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #511 (permalink)  
Old 14-10-2021, 12:22 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Heard that technical skills not in favor these days.
What is in favor these days then, if you don't mind sharing?

Reply With Quote
  #512 (permalink)  
Old 14-10-2021, 08:45 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
What is in favor these days then, if you don't mind sharing?
The “song and dance” people. Don’t need to know your stuff cos with the frequent internal reshuffling, some senior people also do not know the correct questions to ask. Everybody is just looking for the next shiny thing.

Reply With Quote
  #513 (permalink)  
Old 14-10-2021, 11:36 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
The “song and dance” people. Don’t need to know your stuff cos with the frequent internal reshuffling, some senior people also do not know the correct questions to ask. Everybody is just looking for the next shiny thing.
sounds good, where can i sign up

Reply With Quote
  #514 (permalink)  
Old 15-10-2021, 11:20 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

The biggest problem with this organisation is that senior management is unaware of their own blind spots. They throw out lines that they are emphatic about the ever increasing workload while creating 101 unnecessary new projects. They do not realise that they are the ones creating the additional work in the first place and assume work is arising because of other factors. Every meeting has follow-ups or new work streams created.

Many times, the work created is a waste of time. Its predominantly some egoistical exercise for them to flex their arms.
Reply With Quote
  #515 (permalink)  
Old 16-10-2021, 01:46 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Mid career switch - possible to get a pay bump at market rate?
Reply With Quote
  #516 (permalink)  
Old 16-10-2021, 11:32 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
sounds good, where can i sign up
[email protected] I got in to seek shelter during covid 19 and I've been enjoying excellent work life balance during work from home.
Reply With Quote

  #517 (permalink)  
Old 16-10-2021, 04:55 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Mid career switch - possible to get a pay bump at market rate?
This is civil service. Your pay is at a discount to private sector. Unlikely you will see a bump unless your are currently underpaid.
Reply With Quote
  #518 (permalink)  
Old 16-10-2021, 06:23 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
The biggest problem with this organisation is that senior management is unaware of their own blind spots. They throw out lines that they are emphatic about the ever increasing workload while creating 101 unnecessary new projects. They do not realise that they are the ones creating the additional work in the first place and assume work is arising because of other factors. Every meeting has follow-ups or new work streams created.

Many times, the work created is a waste of time. Its predominantly some egoistical exercise for them to flex their arms.
I think the last sentence is really a bit too harsh. Humans are naturally curious, and this extends to all of us, including the management team. But curiosity should be grounded in reality. Thought experiments should remain as thought experiments unless you have the necessary resources to carry them out.

Some of the projects now, I would say, are akin to a General asking his medics to perform a commando raid on an enemy outpost. The medics are specialists in their fields, but they are clearly not trained as special forces. The General thinks this is not an issue, and simply request the medics to ask the commandos for some advice on how to perform the raid. He then expects the medics to perform the raid. Not only that, he still expects the medics to perform their medic duties at the same time while preparing for the raid. Such thinking is actually rather pervasive.
Reply With Quote
  #519 (permalink)  
Old 19-10-2021, 02:20 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I think the last sentence is really a bit too harsh. Humans are naturally curious, and this extends to all of us, including the management team. But curiosity should be grounded in reality. Thought experiments should remain as thought experiments unless you have the necessary resources to carry them out.

Some of the projects now, I would say, are akin to a General asking his medics to perform a commando raid on an enemy outpost. The medics are specialists in their fields, but they are clearly not trained as special forces. The General thinks this is not an issue, and simply request the medics to ask the commandos for some advice on how to perform the raid. He then expects the medics to perform the raid. Not only that, he still expects the medics to perform their medic duties at the same time while preparing for the raid. Such thinking is actually rather pervasive.
Maybe this is their so called thinking out of box or creativity? Non group-think mindset?
Having had a stint in CS, I can see similar patterns. One only need to look at the background/training of our ministers and the portfolios they are taking on…


Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills


SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android


SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go


SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app
Reply With Quote
  #520 (permalink)  
Old 26-10-2021, 12:20 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Anyone gotten offer from MAS recently? Do they just match your last drawn (including bonus) to the dollar? or will there be slight increment?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
AML/Compliance/KYC professionals come in! daydreamer Income and Jobs 1536 30-11-2021 06:40 PM
Income for IT Professionals sudoku Income and Jobs 10 24-10-2014 07:20 PM
what does corporate hr executives/professionals do? lmaohaha Income and Jobs 2 12-05-2012 06:03 PM
Professionals and Managers - Is Your Pay above the Median? Salary.sg Income and Jobs 174 04-10-2009 07:42 PM
Managers and Professionals - are your Salaries above the Median? Salary.sg Income and Jobs 27 11-12-2008 10:45 AM

» 30 Recent Threads
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
12,932 Replies, 7,649,655 Views
CSA (Cyber Security Agency) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
286 Replies, 117,225 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,219 Replies, 1,531,122 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,312 Replies, 2,668,936 Views
DSTA (under Mindef) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,051 Replies, 774,422 Views
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,943 Replies, 1,508,561 Views
NE digital
0 Replies, 7 Views
Cybersecurity/Info security career ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
194 Replies, 50,737 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
14,845 Replies, 5,039,874 Views
Standard Chartered International... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
68 Replies, 78,024 Views
UOB Management Associate Program ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
545 Replies, 308,487 Views
SIA AO grades ( 1 2 3)
20 Replies, 12,374 Views
ST Electronics ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,405 Replies, 642,192 Views
Civil Service Bonus 2021 Year End
5 Replies, 1,217 Views
GovTech ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
709 Replies, 381,144 Views
Top Primary Schools 2009
1 Replies, 4,324 Views
NTU (non-faculty) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
119 Replies, 133,169 Views
NCS (SingTel subsidiary) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
598 Replies, 476,132 Views
Year end bonus for civil service ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
339 Replies, 70,360 Views
DBS tech seed programme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,256 Replies, 315,597 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,171 Replies, 2,677,637 Views
IMDA (under MCI) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
211 Replies, 80,678 Views
Civil Service Performance Bonus ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,807 Replies, 2,161,539 Views
MAS for Mid Career Professionals ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
659 Replies, 333,048 Views
Engineer Pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
352 Replies, 161,203 Views
ST Engineering Land Systems ( 1 2)
19 Replies, 1,822 Views
Work culture in CPF board ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
30 Replies, 45,047 Views
DBS Wealth Manager Fresh Grad...
2 Replies, 310 Views
If you can't find a company here... ( 1 2 3)
28 Replies, 4,181 Views
PSA Undergraduate Scholarship...
7 Replies, 321 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 09:28 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2