Job Application with MOE (non-teaching position) - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




Job Application with MOE (non-teaching position)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 18-11-2011, 06:49 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2
wy1984 is on a distinguished road
Default Job Application with MOE (non-teaching position)

Hi, I have recently attended an interview with MOE for a management executive position. One week after the interview, their Hr officer contacted me on further queries regarding my current job and told me they will get back to me after getting back to their director or so.

It has since been one week after the hr officer called me up (and 2 weeks after the interview). Thus, I would like to ask for MX positions, how long do MOE usually take to inform the candidates on their results? Will MOE inform the candidate if he/she is unsuccessful?

Thanks!

Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 18-11-2011, 10:35 PM
Super Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 309
Bean is on a distinguished road
Default

Hi

This year MAY 2011, I also apply a MX position with MOE at MOE HQ, they called me about 3 weeks after my 1st interview, to offer me the job!!

Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 19-11-2011, 07:44 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2
wy1984 is on a distinguished road
Default

Thxs 3 week-period is quite a waiting time aint it haha.

Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 19-11-2011, 10:48 AM
Super Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 309
Bean is on a distinguished road
Default

well government job alot red tape


SG BusLeh mobile app
SG BusLeh - the best bus app - available on iPhone and Android


SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go


SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 22-11-2011, 04:31 PM
Super Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 274
miwashi is on a distinguished road
Default

i went for an interview there before
when i went into the interview room and explained why i was interested in the position
the whole room of interviewers went 'nonono, that position is taken already, this interview is for another position'

it gave me a very bad impression of the organization. no one told me anything, even after i showed up on the interview day.

and they were very fast with a rejection letter in this instance, I got a printed one in 2 days in my letterbox. A rejection letter, for a mistake they made. Hmph.
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 23-11-2011, 12:00 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by miwashi View Post
i went for an interview there before
when i went into the interview room and explained why i was interested in the position
the whole room of interviewers went 'nonono, that position is taken already, this interview is for another position'

it gave me a very bad impression of the organization. no one told me anything, even after i showed up on the interview day.

and they were very fast with a rejection letter in this instance, I got a printed one in 2 days in my letterbox. A rejection letter, for a mistake they made. Hmph.
Oh well.. Back to your grass cutting job then... make sure all the grass is 2cm long hor.. Enjoy...


SG BusLeh mobile app
SG BusLeh - the best bus app - available on iPhone and Android


SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go


SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app
Reply With Quote

  #7 (permalink)  
Old 23-11-2011, 08:41 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Oh well.. Back to your grass cutting job then... make sure all the grass is 2cm long hor.. Enjoy...
10 years later, he'll still be cutting grass. Hahahaha....

(I'm beginning to think he's the problem.)
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 13-04-2012, 05:43 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wy1984 View Post
Hi, I have recently attended an interview with MOE for a management executive position. One week after the interview, their Hr officer contacted me on further queries regarding my current job and told me they will get back to me after getting back to their director or so.

It has since been one week after the hr officer called me up (and 2 weeks after the interview). Thus, I would like to ask for MX positions, how long do MOE usually take to inform the candidates on their results? Will MOE inform the candidate if he/she is unsuccessful?

Thanks!
Hi , I have recently attended an interview with MOE also, in the end did you received their offer? will MOE inform the candidate if he/ she is unsuccessful?

Thank~
Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 13-04-2012, 06:15 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi , I have recently attended an interview with MOE also, in the end did you received their offer? will MOE inform the candidate if he/ she is unsuccessful?

Thank~
you interview wat position>?
Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 14-04-2012, 01:40 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 82
lmaohaha is on a distinguished road
Default

anyone has any idea how high is the rejection rate by moe (non-teaching)? im a 2nd upper honours student graduating soon and i wanna know like whats their criteria (other than those stated on website) for successful applications. Eg the kind of interview qns they ask or the traits they looking out for etc
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Editorial position miwashi Income and Jobs 8 24-02-2012 11:26 AM
how much can I ask for this position,thanks salseek Income and Jobs 13 20-08-2011 01:12 AM
Getting ahead on a mid career switch to teaching career_sg Education and Personal Growth 7 29-09-2010 11:23 AM
Montessori Teaching jobs-What do I ask for? katherine Income and Jobs 5 12-07-2010 05:52 PM
how much is the following position? salseek Income and Jobs 1 24-03-2010 03:15 PM

» 30 Recent Threads
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,194 Replies, 748,496 Views
Rolls-Royce Graduate Development... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
31 Replies, 5,708 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
882 Replies, 349,934 Views
is smbc a pro family company to... ( 1 2)
18 Replies, 9,922 Views
Heineken APAC Graduate Programme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
250 Replies, 65,717 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
968 Replies, 648,951 Views
Queries about Cpib application ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
810 Replies, 273,765 Views
Anyone jobless for a long time... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,705 Replies, 518,882 Views
DBS Graduate Associate Program ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
430 Replies, 160,749 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
6,895 Replies, 3,493,282 Views
Really that bad for engineers? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,201 Replies, 709,470 Views
AML/Compliance/KYC professionals... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,103 Replies, 277,561 Views
Process Technician/Operation... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
166 Replies, 124,744 Views
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
691 Replies, 388,718 Views
Queries about AIA graduate program
2 Replies, 172 Views
Contract job
9 Replies, 6,934 Views
Roles in accenture singapore ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
167 Replies, 80,601 Views
NCS System Specialist
0 Replies, 114 Views
OCBC Young Bankers Programme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
75 Replies, 31,932 Views
Plant tour NEA TSIP
0 Replies, 101 Views
Compliance vs External Audit
9 Replies, 712 Views
Nervous during interview
6 Replies, 771 Views
Prospects of a Building and...
0 Replies, 106 Views
What to expect a career in... ( 1 2)
11 Replies, 5,186 Views
Working in HDB ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
229 Replies, 142,543 Views
Compare Your Household Income 2018
0 Replies, 327 Views
15% pay cut from private sector to... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,425 Replies, 674,610 Views
possible for female in late-30s...
3 Replies, 596 Views
Ex-MOE Teachers ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
39 Replies, 68,900 Views
how much shall I expect for a vp... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
40 Replies, 14,225 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 08:46 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2