Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Job Application with MOE (non-teaching position) (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1593-job-application-ministry-education-singapore-non-teaching-position.html)

wy1984 18-11-2011 06:49 PM

Job Application with MOE (non-teaching position)

Hi, I have recently attended an interview with MOE for a management executive position. One week after the interview, their Hr officer contacted me on further queries regarding my current job and told me they will get back to me after getting back to their director or so.

It has since been one week after the hr officer called me up (and 2 weeks after the interview). Thus, I would like to ask for MX positions, how long do MOE usually take to inform the candidates on their results? Will MOE inform the candidate if he/she is unsuccessful?

Thanks!:)

Bean 18-11-2011 10:35 PM

Hi

This year MAY 2011, I also apply a MX position with MOE at MOE HQ, they called me about 3 weeks after my 1st interview, to offer me the job!!

wy1984 19-11-2011 07:44 AM

Thxs :) 3 week-period is quite a waiting time aint it haha.

Bean 19-11-2011 10:48 AM

well government job alot red tape

miwashi 22-11-2011 04:31 PM

i went for an interview there before
when i went into the interview room and explained why i was interested in the position
the whole room of interviewers went 'nonono, that position is taken already, this interview is for another position'

it gave me a very bad impression of the organization. no one told me anything, even after i showed up on the interview day.

and they were very fast with a rejection letter in this instance, I got a printed one in 2 days in my letterbox. A rejection letter, for a mistake they made. Hmph.

Unregistered 23-11-2011 12:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by miwashi (Post 18312)
i went for an interview there before
when i went into the interview room and explained why i was interested in the position
the whole room of interviewers went 'nonono, that position is taken already, this interview is for another position'

it gave me a very bad impression of the organization. no one told me anything, even after i showed up on the interview day.

and they were very fast with a rejection letter in this instance, I got a printed one in 2 days in my letterbox. A rejection letter, for a mistake they made. Hmph.

Oh well.. Back to your grass cutting job then... make sure all the grass is 2cm long hor.. Enjoy...

Unregistered 23-11-2011 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 18328)
Oh well.. Back to your grass cutting job then... make sure all the grass is 2cm long hor.. Enjoy...

10 years later, he'll still be cutting grass. Hahahaha....

(I'm beginning to think he's the problem.)

Unregistered 13-04-2012 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wy1984 (Post 18230)
Hi, I have recently attended an interview with MOE for a management executive position. One week after the interview, their Hr officer contacted me on further queries regarding my current job and told me they will get back to me after getting back to their director or so.

It has since been one week after the hr officer called me up (and 2 weeks after the interview). Thus, I would like to ask for MX positions, how long do MOE usually take to inform the candidates on their results? Will MOE inform the candidate if he/she is unsuccessful?

Thanks!:)

Hi , I have recently attended an interview with MOE also, in the end did you received their offer? will MOE inform the candidate if he/ she is unsuccessful?

Thank~

Unregistered 13-04-2012 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 23766)
Hi , I have recently attended an interview with MOE also, in the end did you received their offer? will MOE inform the candidate if he/ she is unsuccessful?

Thank~

you interview wat position>?

lmaohaha 14-04-2012 12:40 AM

anyone has any idea how high is the rejection rate by moe (non-teaching)? im a 2nd upper honours student graduating soon and i wanna know like whats their criteria (other than those stated on website) for successful applications. Eg the kind of interview qns they ask or the traits they looking out for etc