Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Job Application with MOE (non-teaching position) (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1593-job-application-ministry-education-singapore-non-teaching-position.html)

Unregistered 15-04-2012 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 23851)
MOE seems to be massive hiring Admin Mgrs every month, any idea is it because the turnover is very high?
How are Admin Mgrs view in school? Are they considered low-level jobs in the school? E.g. like a highly paid clerk doing dirty work and not respected by teaching staffs?
Also, the salary range published in their website seems a little low for experienced hires... Any idea what is the highest they would offer for an accountant with 15 yrs experience who is thinking of moving into civil svc from pte sector?
Thanks!

Are you serious? Admin manager in MOE is equal to Admin Executive / Officer in pte sector. Why would accountant with 15 yrs apply for this job? Of course cannot match ur pay lah!

Unregistered 16-04-2012 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 23768)
you interview wat position>?

Hi, I interview Management Executive officer position.

Thank~

Unregistered 16-04-2012 11:28 AM

Hi , I have recently attended an interview with MOE also, Management Executive Officer position, will MOE inform the candidate if he/ she is unsuccessful?

Thank~

Unregistered 16-04-2012 04:51 PM

I got a verbal offer for the post of admin mgr. Fresh grad, local U, no work exp. Seems like they are desperate. They usually get back to you within 1/2 weeks.

shaz 16-04-2012 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 23902)
I got a verbal offer for the post of admin mgr. Fresh grad, local U, no work exp. Seems like they are desperate. They usually get back to you within 1/2 weeks.

there are over 350 schools in Singapore... turnover is at 5-7% on average... so there'll always be AM post available... just make sure you don't get chewed by the more experienced and senior (in terms of age) support officers :)

lmaohaha 17-04-2012 02:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 23902)

how many interviews did u go thru? care to share what qns they ask during interview? i applying prob 3mths later after graduation.

Unregistered 17-04-2012 11:57 AM

How's the pay like for AM?

Unregistered 17-04-2012 01:51 PM

currently working at a govt agency for abt 3 mths and thinking of applying moe hq's positions. Will MOE consider my application in this case?

Unregistered 17-04-2012 03:54 PM

Bean, are you around. Can disclose how much MOE offered you?
BTW, do they accept non local degree?

Unregistered 17-04-2012 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 23923)
currently working at a govt agency for abt 3 mths and thinking of applying moe hq's positions. Will MOE consider my application in this case?

why you want to change your stat-board job? Pay no good??