Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Job Application with MOE (non-teaching position) (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1593-job-application-ministry-education-singapore-non-teaching-position.html)

Unregistered 15-03-2017 09:54 AM

i also applied for the admin manager post on 21st Feb iirc.
it's been in process since then.
so, it's been about 2 weeks since closing date?

Unregistered 15-03-2017 08:13 PM

High chance we are not shortlisted i guess?

Unregistered 03-04-2017 02:43 AM

Reply
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 95594)
i also applied for the admin manager post on 21st Feb iirc.
it's been in process since then.
so, it's been about 2 weeks since closing date?

Hi, so r u shortlisted after the in process for 2 wks??

Unregistered 10-04-2017 04:29 PM

I applied for a MOE adjunct position (1 year contract) and went for interview on 26 Jan.
Got a letter to go for a medical checkup and done it on 24 Feb.
Got a call from HR to submit more documents on 01 Mar. Send and received by the HR on 02 Mar.
Send an email to HR asking any updates on 15 Mar. HR reply 1 day later, saying currently processing my application.
Called HR on 30 Mar for updates. They reply saying will update me the following week.
Gave them a call and HR say still no update and say they are still processing. The HR lady also say my case seem to be unusually long, claiming the managers are still deciding and she does not know the reasons for the delay.
My job application status for this job in the career.gov shows "Shortlisted"

So does this mean I'm not getting this position?

Unregistered 20-04-2017 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 96553)
I applied for a MOE adjunct position (1 year contract) and went for interview on 26 Jan.
Got a letter to go for a medical checkup and done it on 24 Feb.
Got a call from HR to submit more documents on 01 Mar. Send and received by the HR on 02 Mar.
Send an email to HR asking any updates on 15 Mar. HR reply 1 day later, saying currently processing my application.
Called HR on 30 Mar for updates. They reply saying will update me the following week.
Gave them a call and HR say still no update and say they are still processing. The HR lady also say my case seem to be unusually long, claiming the managers are still deciding and she does not know the reasons for the delay.
My job application status for this job in the career.gov shows "Shortlisted"

So does this mean I'm not getting this position?


Have you gotten a reply? This should be a teaching position, no?

Your interview was with the school? Might be able to ask the P to check for you.

Unregistered 24-07-2017 11:50 AM

Hi, is it true that MOE positions are all offered on 3 years contract basis for new joiners? I was all civil service hiring are like this now. Anyone recently being offered? can advise pls?

Unregistered 27-07-2017 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 98919)
Hi, is it true that MOE positions are all offered on 3 years contract basis for new joiners? I was all civil service hiring are like this now. Anyone recently being offered? can advise pls?

seems so, I am also offered the same but at 3.5 years

Unregistered 28-07-2017 01:23 AM

Did they say whether after 3.5 years contract will convert to perm or renew contract again and again? Mind sharing what position / role that you were being offered? Did you try negotiating for perm position instead? Or nego for a shorter contract period?

KPO 18-12-2017 06:31 PM

Need all your advice please…

I have 18 years of working experience of which ten years was in the government sector. Decided to come back and make Civil Service my last stop. Hence I chose MOE and applied for Admin Mgr position through [email protected] The closing date for application was 26 November 2017.

14 October - I applied through [email protected] website.

17 November - Status in [email protected] reflected as SHORTLISTED. I received a call from HR for first interview. Took the opportunity to enquire on the recruitment and interview process. HR advised that depending on the composition of the interview panel, a second interview maybe necessary.

22 November - Attended 1st Interview. Interview went well and was informed that the position would commence either January or February 2018. I presumed there were 2 positions available. Interview panel consisted of

- a Principal (xxx Primary School)
- a Vice Principal (xxx Secondary School)
- a different HR staff

23 November - The following day, HR asked for more information on past employment and I was advised to wait a further two to three weeks.

Two weeks of no news.

14 December - HR called to enquire on last salary drawn, AWS, PB details from my last employment.

Based on the above, please share your thoughts...

- Was an interim decision made (to-hire-who-for-which-school) right after the first interview? There were 3 other candidates before me during the first interview.
- During the two weeks of no news, HR was conducting the various checks?
- Will HR advise if I am unsuccessful?
- What are my chances of securing the job?

I have to say, the HR staff from MOE has been most courteous, patient and professional throughout our correspondence.

Thank you for reading.

KPO 23-12-2017 11:18 AM

still no news, really sian...


All times are GMT +8. The time now is 09:46 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2