Whats your net worth - Page 11 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Investments and Net Worth

Investments and Net Worth Talk all about money making exploits, shares, property, building net worth and retirement matters




Whats your net worth

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #101 (permalink)  
Old 19-03-2010, 09:48 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Don't be stupid Claire.
Being in private banking doesn't mean he's a guru.
Listening to his advice is like listening to anal-lysts.

You guys are freaking stupid.. no wonder I'm in the top 1% of Singapore income tax bracket while you guys make up the 99% .. Gosh..
Who knows, Ben may have some valuable info to share.

Nobody said hes the guru, not even Claire. Seems like you are the only one who have that impression. And being such a high earner and you are lurking here? Its pretty obvious now who is THE stupid one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered
the way i look at it, if you have nothing better to say, don't post, least you embarrass yourself.
Now beat it.

Reply With Quote
  #102 (permalink)  
Old 19-03-2010, 12:09 PM
Claire
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Don't be stupid Claire.
Being in private banking doesn't mean he's a guru.
Listening to his advice is like listening to anal-lysts.

You guys are freaking stupid.. no wonder I'm in the top 1% of Singapore income tax bracket while you guys make up the 99% .. Gosh..
So do you have anything intelligent to share, smart ass(hole)? Guess not!

Reply With Quote
  #103 (permalink)  
Old 19-03-2010, 10:48 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Zzzz... Sorry to break your fragile little ego. I'm outta here. Out of boredom some days, I just find it fun to troll around and annoyed a bunch of losers

Reply With Quote
  #104 (permalink)  
Old 20-03-2010, 12:50 AM
dad
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Zzzz... Sorry to break your fragile little ego. I'm outta here. Out of boredom some days, I just find it fun to troll around and annoyed a bunch of losers
everybody knows your the same retard who troll, nobody is annoyed by your nonsense posts, they just want to thrash you, ya get lost, run away like a battered dog, thats what you do best anyway, i bet your the only one who is banging your balls all along...pathetic...
Reply With Quote
  #105 (permalink)  
Old 24-03-2010, 08:13 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

****ing stupid forum n waste of time to read. discussions are not constructive at all....
Reply With Quote
  #106 (permalink)  
Old 25-03-2010, 02:22 PM
green pea
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default green pea NW

1st I'd like to thank those who took the time to share. I feel that most, if not all answers are actual.

Frankly, I find it inspiring and it's good to have something to look up to.

as for mine,

age 35
NW 835K SGD

I find my NW growth rate lagging due to risk averse tendencies. ROE is consistently in the single digit range.
Reply With Quote

  #107 (permalink)  
Old 31-03-2010, 03:34 PM
Bee Bee is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 2
Bee is on a distinguished road
Default

Comparing myself with all of you out there, I am so embarass to declare my net worth.

But anyway, here it is;
31 year old female, married
5-rm HDB valued at S$440,000 (sharing with hubby, fully paid)
1.5L Car (fully paid)
CPF - $0 (used up to clear HDB mortgage)
Savings (cash and stocks) - S$50,000
No outstanding loans or debts

I used to have much more savings but my savings were almost wiped out to pay for my wedding, honeymoon, car, house renovation, furnitures etc etc about 1 year ago. I also have to give parents.

I am currently saving up from scratch at a rate of S$2800 per month consistently in the form of cash, insurance and unit trust/shares. I am not sure when I can achieve what you guys out there have achieved. I am feeling so sad now.

Based on my current networth (if any) and savings, please advise me if I can ever dream of a retirement at all. Thanks.
Reply With Quote
  #108 (permalink)  
Old 31-03-2010, 05:08 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bee View Post
Comparing myself with all of you out there, I am so embarass to declare my net worth.

But anyway, here it is;
31 year old female, married
5-rm HDB valued at S$440,000 (sharing with hubby, fully paid)
1.5L Car (fully paid)
CPF - $0 (used up to clear HDB mortgage)
Savings (cash and stocks) - S$50,000
No outstanding loans or debts

I used to have much more savings but my savings were almost wiped out to pay for my wedding, honeymoon, car, house renovation, furnitures etc etc about 1 year ago. I also have to give parents.

I am currently saving up from scratch at a rate of S$2800 per month consistently in the form of cash, insurance and unit trust/shares. I am not sure when I can achieve what you guys out there have achieved. I am feeling so sad now.

Based on my current networth (if any) and savings, please advise me if I can ever dream of a retirement at all. Thanks.
You should not have paid up your HDB flat. Mortgage debt is one of the best debts out there, especially in Singapore where HDB/CPF charges you only 2.6% (ok, banks charge lower now, but you can't be sure a few years later). The HPIS insurance is also an extremely low cost insurance - in the unfortunate event of a death, the surviving spouse gets the flat for "free", i.e. the remaining debt is written off.

However, you can always upgrade to a bigger flat or condo, and take on a mortgage.
Reply With Quote
  #109 (permalink)  
Old 31-03-2010, 05:36 PM
Bee Bee is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 2
Bee is on a distinguished road
Default

I was actually thinking that if I were to pay up all my HDB mortgage as soon as I can, I can then allow my CPF money to grow from then on.

Another question:
1) Is it advisable to sell off my current HDB unit and buy another HDB unit from the resale market? In this way, I will be able to get some cash from the transaction (current unit bought at $220K and now worth $440K)
2) Is it advisable to keep the current unit and instead, buy another condo for investment?

In either case, I think that my CPF would be wiped out right??
Reply With Quote
  #110 (permalink)  
Old 31-03-2010, 08:51 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by green pea View Post
1st I'd like to thank those who took the time to share. I feel that most, if not all answers are actual.

Frankly, I find it inspiring and it's good to have something to look up to.

as for mine,

age 35
NW 835K SGD

I find my NW growth rate lagging due to risk averse tendencies. ROE is consistently in the single digit range.

43, married. (Combined Nett Asset Value as follows)

Cash - S$800K

Stock - S$1.5m

Properties (2 apartments + 1 landed) = S$8.7m ((2.5m + 7m + 7.5m)(value today) - (0.4m + 3.1m + 4.8m)(outstanding loan))

Not including CPF and insurance monies.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
net wealth, net worth, networth

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Calculate Net Worth and Benchmark It Salary.sg Investments and Net Worth 15 20-06-2013 02:58 PM
legal profession not worth it? alarme Income and Jobs 3 05-04-2010 03:35 PM

» 30 Recent Threads
Advice on designer job offer
4 Replies, 476 Views
Nickel investment
1 Replies, 37 Views
AML/Compliance/KYC professionals... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,225 Replies, 364,012 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,962 Replies, 1,201,336 Views
Anyone jobless for a long time... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,824 Replies, 623,706 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,158 Replies, 826,308 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
7,178 Replies, 3,918,804 Views
Breaking the Letter Of Commitment... ( 1 2)
12 Replies, 5,147 Views
Freight Forwarding industry --...
1 Replies, 198 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,506 Replies, 1,092,914 Views
Constituency Manager (People... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
580 Replies, 285,075 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,020 Replies, 461,337 Views
NUS working environment and pay... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
46 Replies, 29,157 Views
ExxonMobil...
3 Replies, 892 Views
Exxon Mobil Equipment tech or... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,324 Replies, 285,994 Views
SIM-UOL fresh grad starting pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,236 Replies, 999,488 Views
Changi Airport Group ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
346 Replies, 227,084 Views
Has anyone heard of KSB Singapore?
0 Replies, 151 Views
Micron fresh grad salary
2 Replies, 1,507 Views
Advice needed (Career change)
5 Replies, 566 Views
Job Application with MOE... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
161 Replies, 129,041 Views
ST Electronics ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
180 Replies, 71,899 Views
Signed contract, but pending...
0 Replies, 310 Views
how to handle one offer and...
2 Replies, 440 Views
Queries about Cpib application ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
885 Replies, 323,347 Views
Ministry of Transport Queries
2 Replies, 285 Views
Capitaland Graduate Development...
8 Replies, 11,133 Views
Siemens engineering graduate...
2 Replies, 604 Views
Direct Contract vs External...
3 Replies, 322 Views
JP Morgan ( 1 2)
16 Replies, 7,953 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 11:12 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2