Lawyer Salary - Page 898 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




Lawyer Salary

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #8971 (permalink)  
Old 19-09-2020, 03:44 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
No I am the one. Dont lame.
U maciam go back to p1 la pretend here pretend there

Reply With Quote
  #8972 (permalink)  
Old 19-09-2020, 03:45 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Stop pretending to be OP. I am. You are a recruiter.
Stop blaming recruiters when u know u clearly arenít a good candidate.

Reply With Quote
  #8973 (permalink)  
Old 19-09-2020, 04:22 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
U maciam go back to p1 la pretend here pretend there
U r the one

Reply With Quote
  #8974 (permalink)  
Old 20-09-2020, 01:34 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Serious question. Next time I sole practice, I don't hire trainee or assoc. I hire 3x CECA with w/e lanjiao law degree as paralegals and pay them each 2k/mth.

You all think can or not? My subs confirm sibeh tokkong one. Hearings sure at least need full day. Also maybe can get CECA business.

CECA cannot take Bar here right? So no need scared they want to upskill. Also won't jump ship. Maybe consider hire tiong paralegal also. Get tiong business. Also cannot get called to Bar. LinkedIn I see a lot of tiong from angmoh uni but simi "legal manager" or "business development manager". Wasted sia.


Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills


SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android


Bursa Stocks Android App - check share prices
Bursa Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go


SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go


SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app
Reply With Quote
  #8975 (permalink)  
Old 20-09-2020, 04:06 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Serious question. Next time I sole practice, I don't hire trainee or assoc. I hire 3x CECA with w/e lanjiao law degree as paralegals and pay them each 2k/mth.

You all think can or not? My subs confirm sibeh tokkong one. Hearings sure at least need full day. Also maybe can get CECA business.

CECA cannot take Bar here right? So no need scared they want to upskill. Also won't jump ship. Maybe consider hire tiong paralegal also. Get tiong business. Also cannot get called to Bar. LinkedIn I see a lot of tiong from angmoh uni but simi "legal manager" or "business development manager". Wasted sia.
Hire from the delisted unis
Reply With Quote
  #8976 (permalink)  
Old 20-09-2020, 10:08 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Serious question. Next time I sole practice, I don't hire trainee or assoc. I hire 3x CECA with w/e lanjiao law degree as paralegals and pay them each 2k/mth.

You all think can or not? My subs confirm sibeh tokkong one. Hearings sure at least need full day. Also maybe can get CECA business.

CECA cannot take Bar here right? So no need scared they want to upskill. Also won't jump ship. Maybe consider hire tiong paralegal also. Get tiong business. Also cannot get called to Bar. LinkedIn I see a lot of tiong from angmoh uni but simi "legal manager" or "business development manager". Wasted sia.
Got CECA in international law firm work as senior associate earn 18k can slack n dominate poor local coolies and pad unethical hrs lick boss dick n balls

What for work for your lanjiao firm
Reply With Quote

  #8977 (permalink)  
Old 20-09-2020, 05:59 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Singapore Legal Service

Hi all - here to seek some advice regarding the Singapore Legal Service. Local grad, have been in private practice (corp, not liti) for about 2-3 years.

Anyone knows if i join service, what grade I will be joining as (like, will I be joining as fresh grad?), and how pay and increment will be like? Also anyone has any insights as to how career progression in service will be like and the possible exit opportunities?

Really appreciate any insights - thanks.
Reply With Quote
  #8978 (permalink)  
Old 21-09-2020, 12:34 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi all - here to seek some advice regarding the Singapore Legal Service. Local grad, have been in private practice (corp, not liti) for about 2-3 years.

Anyone knows if i join service, what grade I will be joining as (like, will I be joining as fresh grad?), and how pay and increment will be like? Also anyone has any insights as to how career progression in service will be like and the possible exit opportunities?

Really appreciate any insights - thanks.
Are you male or female? 2-years NS counts towards experience in Legal Service.

Which department of Legal Service are you applying for? Generally for 2-3 yrs experience, they will hire as Grade 6A or 6B, which are the starting level grades.

Pay wise - I donít know what the rates now are. But it was around 5k many years ago when I joined. Legal service ordinarily pays about 16-18 months in a year, so take that into account.

Increments are good. There are substantial increases with promotions.

Career progression depends, frankly, on attitude and aptitude. Legal service generally far more meritocratic than private practice (where things like connections may make a difference).

Exit options - no clue. Havenít felt the need to leave, so havenít checked. Generally, resignation rate is v Low. But the people whoíve left have found pretty solid jobs.
Reply With Quote
  #8979 (permalink)  
Old 21-09-2020, 05:51 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Are you male or female? 2-years NS counts towards experience in Legal Service.

Which department of Legal Service are you applying for? Generally for 2-3 yrs experience, they will hire as Grade 6A or 6B, which are the starting level grades.

Pay wise - I donít know what the rates now are. But it was around 5k many years ago when I joined. Legal service ordinarily pays about 16-18 months in a year, so take that into account.

Increments are good. There are substantial increases with promotions.

Career progression depends, frankly, on attitude and aptitude. Legal service generally far more meritocratic than private practice (where things like connections may make a difference).

Exit options - no clue. Havenít felt the need to leave, so havenít checked. Generally, resignation rate is v Low. But the people whoíve left have found pretty solid jobs.
Heard that you might suffer a PQE cut when you jump out from DPP? Because mostly the DPPs won't join crim law.
Reply With Quote
  #8980 (permalink)  
Old 23-09-2020, 12:01 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Got CECA in international law firm work as senior associate earn 18k can slack n dominate poor local coolies and pad unethical hrs lick boss dick n balls

What for work for your lanjiao firm
Only loser Singaporan men will serve NS to protect CECA so the latter can steal his job and wife/girlfriend, LOL
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
advocate, law, lawyer, legal, solicitor

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
From Lawyer Insider: Life is Glamorous but Unsatisfying Salary.sg Income and Jobs 31 15-01-2018 12:40 PM

» 30 Recent Threads
CSA (Cyber Security Agency) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
882 Replies, 478,774 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
10,210 Replies, 6,359,154 Views
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
14,626 Replies, 4,832,627 Views
Factual Local Bank Salaries - DBS... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,725 Replies, 1,339,902 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
5,776 Replies, 4,563,169 Views
LTA (Land Transport Authority) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
609 Replies, 357,461 Views
Roles in accenture singapore ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
7,063 Replies, 2,232,932 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
7,174 Replies, 3,310,356 Views
MAS for Mid Career Professionals ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,745 Replies, 1,006,522 Views
Singapore Airlines ( 1 2)
17 Replies, 9,019 Views
MOT (Ministry of Transport)
5 Replies, 5,518 Views
IBM salaries ( 1 2)
16 Replies, 7,582 Views
DBS tech seed programme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,745 Replies, 1,467,093 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
20,864 Replies, 10,157,236 Views
Jobs with travel opportunities
7 Replies, 3,595 Views
HTX (Home Team Science and... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
618 Replies, 315,607 Views
GovTech ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,960 Replies, 2,084,537 Views
Work culture in IHiS ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
700 Replies, 519,781 Views
Compilation of MAs/Analysts Gross... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,262 Replies, 697,214 Views
UOB Management Associate Program ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,264 Replies, 735,498 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
16,235 Replies, 12,263,051 Views
Enterprise Singapore hiriing... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
180 Replies, 221,757 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
6,066 Replies, 3,665,032 Views
ITE (lecturer) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
275 Replies, 377,474 Views
Civil Service Performance Bonus ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,983 Replies, 4,498,316 Views
Anyone work in JPM/GS/Morgan... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
413 Replies, 155,100 Views
ST Electronics ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,638 Replies, 1,487,565 Views
Salary ranges in Big Tech in...
0 Replies, 316 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 01:31 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2