How much is needed for a single guy to survive in Singapore? - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




How much is needed for a single guy to survive in Singapore?

 Citibank Cash Back Card - up to $350 cash back* - Click to Apply Now 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 04-08-2015, 07:34 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 271
temp111 is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up How much is needed for a single guy to survive in Singapore?

Assuming he still stays with his parents (gives parents allowance and pays household bills)

Still single. No marriage commitments. No other loans to commit to.

No car. But occasionally spend on entertainments. Like go clubbing, ktvs, etc.

Will $3000 suffice?

Pls share.

Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 04-08-2015, 07:40 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 8
p0496418 is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by temp111 View Post
Assuming he still stays with his parents (gives parents allowance and pays household bills)

Still single. No marriage commitments. No other loans to commit to.
No car. But occasionally spend on entertainments. Like go clubbing, ktvs, etc.
Will $3000 suffice?
Pls share.
take home pay for 3k after CPF = 80% X 3000 = S$2,400

u need to break down your figures on how u gonna spend and save the 2.4k is all i can say...

rather then going clubbing / ktv, why not get a gf instead? but u might need more then 3k/pm if u intend to get married

Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 04-08-2015, 08:42 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

in before 32k man start scolding vulgarity and throwing insults because he cant take criticism.

Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 04-08-2015, 08:57 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 271
temp111 is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by p0496418 View Post
take home pay for 3k after CPF = 80% X 3000 = S$2,400

u need to break down your figures on how u gonna spend and save the 2.4k is all i can say...

rather then going clubbing / ktv, why not get a gf instead? but u might need more then 3k/pm if u intend to get married
How much is the minimum to salary to get married?
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 04-08-2015, 09:07 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by temp111 View Post
How much is the minimum to salary to get married?
zero dollar is the minimum.
And sometimes, you can also get paid for marriage. It depends.

Do you have any other questions for us to answer?
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 04-08-2015, 10:20 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 271
temp111 is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
zero dollar is the minimum.
And sometimes, you can also get paid for marriage. It depends.

Do you have any other questions for us to answer?
Fark off lah. U got problem with me asking questions issit?
Reply With Quote

  #7 (permalink)  
Old 04-08-2015, 10:26 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by temp111 View Post
Fark off lah. U got problem with me asking questions issit?
Don't ask stupid questions. There is no minimum salary to get married. Please go read the guidelines at Registry of Marriages. Are you not going to marry cos your salary is below some magical figure? I pity your gf for having such a bf who is only concerned about money rather than love. Many couples get married with all sorts of income.
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 04-08-2015, 10:29 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 271
temp111 is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Don't ask stupid questions. There is no minimum salary to get married. Please go read the guidelines at Registry of Marriages. Are you not going to marry cos your salary is below some magical figure? I pity your gf for having such a bf who is only concerned about money rather than love. Many couples get married with all sorts of income.
Its not against the guidelines here too. We are allowed to ask questions.


SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android


SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go


SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app
Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 04-08-2015, 10:46 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

School holidays
Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 05-08-2015, 09:11 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 271
temp111 is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
in before 32k man start scolding vulgarity and throwing insults because he cant take criticism.
Are the wires in ur brains short circuit or what?

What farkshite are u talking u dumb.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
how much money is needed to live comfortably in singapore? steeze Income and Jobs 41 21-12-2017 03:00 PM
Advice needed from everyone (Lonely single & Retirement) FineStone324 Income and Jobs 30 12-07-2015 02:12 PM
HDB Fire Rate Single Leaf Door + Samsung SHS 5230 Fingerprint Digital Lock+Gate $2400 ideallock Marketplace and Find Work 0 02-10-2013 12:05 PM
Urgent! Full-Time Permanent Trainee bakers needed (No experience needed) Yournextjob Marketplace and Find Work 0 05-02-2013 10:44 AM
Single VS Double major/ Honours VS Masters fishbone Education and Personal Growth 8 06-07-2012 09:55 PM

» 30 Recent Threads
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
9,027 Replies, 2,934,634 Views
Advice needed for a 30 yo male... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
44 Replies, 12,428 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,534 Replies, 1,078,198 Views
How much to ask for starting pay... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
90 Replies, 8,521 Views
Constituency Manager (People... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
868 Replies, 453,917 Views
How much are you earning per annum? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
12,004 Replies, 3,809,666 Views
ST Electronics ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
795 Replies, 238,691 Views
Polytechnic lecturer salary range ( 1 2)
11 Replies, 65,059 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,377 Replies, 1,977,214 Views
need some info on CNB ( 1 2 3)
20 Replies, 2,039 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,387 Replies, 954,725 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,835 Replies, 1,708,323 Views
Self-Employed in SG by Overseas...
3 Replies, 362 Views
Best Primary Schools 2020 (by...
1 Replies, 959 Views
How much do you earn and save? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
130 Replies, 23,506 Views
PhD or non-PhD
6 Replies, 7,375 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
10,589 Replies, 5,815,260 Views
Big Four Promotion/Bonus/Incr... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
30 Replies, 6,243 Views
How to properly manage the income?
6 Replies, 450 Views
Compilation of MAs/Analysts Gross... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
126 Replies, 29,992 Views
Higher Pay for Mid-Career Teachers
3 Replies, 5,180 Views
Tuition Teachers Make 20k
7 Replies, 6,048 Views
Ex-MOE Teachers ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
79 Replies, 117,960 Views
High Finance Thread ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
133 Replies, 25,463 Views
DBS Graduate Associate Program ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
734 Replies, 364,062 Views
Employment agency asking for...
1 Replies, 144 Views
What is typical RSU and sign on?
5 Replies, 467 Views
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,012 Replies, 795,874 Views
Engineering role in a GLC
0 Replies, 137 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 03:14 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2