anyone work in apple? - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




anyone work in apple?

 Citibank Cash Back Card - up to $350 cash back* - Click to Apply Now 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 26-12-2014, 04:49 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 2
lameyisp is on a distinguished road
Default anyone work in apple?

wondering if anyone work in apple in the past or currentlty?

Was wondering on their variable bonus and any room for promotion....

Any other points will be good to know too!

Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 27-12-2014, 04:01 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lameyisp View Post
wondering if anyone work in apple in the past or currentlty?

Was wondering on their variable bonus and any room for promotion....

Any other points will be good to know too!

If you want to join, join Apple in US. Not Apple Singapore. Apple Singapore has a very localised corporate culture. very harsh, like our local banks. with people forming cliques and backstabbing one another. If you get in, I will let you know who not to mess with.

If they fark with you, you let me know.

Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 27-12-2014, 04:04 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lameyisp View Post
wondering if anyone work in apple in the past or currentlty?

Was wondering on their variable bonus and any room for promotion....

Any other points will be good to know too!


Different departments have different benefits. One department may get iPhone 5C as a reward. The other 'useless' department gets a packet of cookies and a lemon tea drink. Bonuses are therefore different.

Promotion is there. but you need to play politics. The culture is not like Apple US, where people only do their work for the most part. Singapore Apple culture is like local company

Pay wise is comparable to local companies, i.e. banks.

Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 27-12-2014, 06:03 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Apple idk. Xiaomi cheaper
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 27-12-2014, 07:11 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 2
lameyisp is on a distinguished road
Default

Thank you unregistered for your reply. I heard a lot stories about Apple singapore being localized culture and colleagues being very political.

i understand their bonus are based on variable and no 13th month. If that is the case, on usual asking salary, how much would a person add to their usual basic salary? I think cannot rely on variable bonus. Wonder if they even pay 1 month at least.

I was thinking if there are chances of getting transferred to other departments, internal rotation in Apple.
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 27-12-2014, 09:30 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
If you want to join, join Apple in US. Not Apple Singapore. Apple Singapore has a very localised corporate culture. very harsh, like our local banks. with people forming cliques and backstabbing one another. If you get in, I will let you know who not to mess with.

If they fark with you, you let me know.
i am in operations... any advise?>>??
Reply With Quote

  #7 (permalink)  
Old 27-12-2014, 10:15 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

We settle our work place issues at local kopitiam through kopi pong.
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 28-12-2014, 01:07 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lameyisp View Post
Thank you unregistered for your reply. I heard a lot stories about Apple singapore being localized culture and colleagues being very political.

i understand their bonus are based on variable and no 13th month. If that is the case, on usual asking salary, how much would a person add to their usual basic salary? I think cannot rely on variable bonus. Wonder if they even pay 1 month at least.

I was thinking if there are chances of getting transferred to other departments, internal rotation in Apple.
Yes, they encourage internal rotation through frequent emails to staff. But my whole time there.. I NEVER ONCE HEARD someone being transferred internally even THOUGH they have applied many times.. Moral of the story is, when you first apply there, make sure it is something you can do for a few years. Those people prefer to hire outside candidates and hate to promote internally.

Hmm.. example would be: Fresh grad: 3k - supply chain.
Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 28-12-2014, 08:04 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lameyisp View Post
Thank you unregistered for your reply. I heard a lot stories about Apple singapore being localized culture and colleagues being very political.

i understand their bonus are based on variable and no 13th month. If that is the case, on usual asking salary, how much would a person add to their usual basic salary? I think cannot rely on variable bonus. Wonder if they even pay 1 month at least.

I was thinking if there are chances of getting transferred to other departments, internal rotation in Apple.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Yes, they encourage internal rotation through frequent emails to staff. But my whole time there.. I NEVER ONCE HEARD someone being transferred internally even THOUGH they have applied many times.. Moral of the story is, when you first apply there, make sure it is something you can do for a few years. Those people prefer to hire outside candidates and hate to promote internally.

Hmm.. example would be: Fresh grad: 3k - supply chain.


What! Fresh grad 3k is a lot in market value. Usually fresh grad only get 2.6-2.7k lor. Or they hire those elites first class with a 3k salary. Sounds reasonable lah.
Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 28-12-2014, 08:59 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Or they hire those elites first class with a 3k salary
Currently for FCH it varies for industry but they can usually expect above 4k. It's all about the interview though.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Work for Apple? Henney Income and Jobs 49 31-03-2016 03:30 PM
Apple : The Genius of Steve Jobs BOT General Discussions 0 10-10-2011 10:10 PM
The real economics behind Apple Products, iPod, iPhone, iPad BOT General Discussions 0 03-10-2011 03:19 PM
Buy 4 get 1 free UNLOCKED 32GB iPhone Apple 4 [email protected] tmstore Marketplace and Find Work 0 12-07-2011 08:24 PM
For sale Apple Iphone 4 32GB original/Nokia N900 32gb sellers Marketplace and Find Work 0 07-10-2010 11:42 PM

» 30 Recent Threads
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
7,643 Replies, 2,620,252 Views
Roles in accenture singapore ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
391 Replies, 251,596 Views
Mortgage Specialist Role.
2 Replies, 1,457 Views
Anyone being hired during covid... ( 1 2 3)
26 Replies, 2,142 Views
Possible to earn passive income... ( 1 2)
18 Replies, 4,300 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,296 Replies, 909,730 Views
Factual Local Bank Salaries - DBS... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
165 Replies, 77,447 Views
Anyone work for Casino (RWS/MBS) ?... ( 1 2)
12 Replies, 8,778 Views
DBS Management Associate Program... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,794 Replies, 273,936 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,196 Replies, 973,219 Views
SIM-UOL fresh grad starting pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,066 Replies, 1,287,097 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,671 Replies, 1,610,534 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
10,119 Replies, 5,592,371 Views
ST Electronics ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
690 Replies, 212,585 Views
What's the graduate officer... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
56 Replies, 13,452 Views
Tax ( 1 2)
15 Replies, 3,674 Views
Mid-Year Civil Servant Bonus 2019 ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,635 Replies, 784,734 Views
anyone working at NCS ? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
396 Replies, 288,369 Views
How much do you earn and save? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
104 Replies, 14,619 Views
Submitting My Resume To ST... ( 1 2 3)
23 Replies, 22,528 Views
Job offer from Apple ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
462 Replies, 88,384 Views
Sign On After 30? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
34 Replies, 3,100 Views
Queries about Cpib application ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,091 Replies, 500,996 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,298 Replies, 1,910,659 Views
Ceca
2 Replies, 293 Views
Changi Airport Group ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
378 Replies, 335,208 Views
Feeling helpless, need advice... ( 1 2)
11 Replies, 1,000 Views
Anyone jobless for a long time... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,916 Replies, 1,086,927 Views
Anyone working in NTU... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
91 Replies, 93,114 Views
AML/Compliance/KYC professionals... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,380 Replies, 565,503 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 07:28 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2