Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   anyone work in apple? (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/4860-anyone-work-apple.html)

lameyisp 26-12-2014 04:49 PM

anyone work in apple?

wondering if anyone work in apple in the past or currentlty?

Was wondering on their variable bonus and any room for promotion....

Any other points will be good to know too!

Unregistered 27-12-2014 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lameyisp (Post 60549)

If you want to join, join Apple in US. Not Apple Singapore. Apple Singapore has a very localised corporate culture. very harsh, like our local banks. with people forming cliques and backstabbing one another. If you get in, I will let you know who not to mess with.

If they fark with you, you let me know.

Unregistered 27-12-2014 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lameyisp (Post 60549)

Different departments have different benefits. One department may get iPhone 5C as a reward. The other 'useless' department gets a packet of cookies and a lemon tea drink. Bonuses are therefore different.

Promotion is there. but you need to play politics. The culture is not like Apple US, where people only do their work for the most part. Singapore Apple culture is like local company

Pay wise is comparable to local companies, i.e. banks.

Unregistered 27-12-2014 06:03 PM

Apple idk. Xiaomi cheaper

lameyisp 27-12-2014 07:11 PM

Thank you unregistered for your reply. I heard a lot stories about Apple singapore being localized culture and colleagues being very political.

i understand their bonus are based on variable and no 13th month. If that is the case, on usual asking salary, how much would a person add to their usual basic salary? I think cannot rely on variable bonus. Wonder if they even pay 1 month at least.

I was thinking if there are chances of getting transferred to other departments, internal rotation in Apple.

Unregistered 27-12-2014 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 60598)
If you want to join, join Apple in US. Not Apple Singapore. Apple Singapore has a very localised corporate culture. very harsh, like our local banks. with people forming cliques and backstabbing one another. If you get in, I will let you know who not to mess with.

If they fark with you, you let me know.

i am in operations... any advise?>>??

Unregistered 27-12-2014 10:15 PM

We settle our work place issues at local kopitiam through kopi pong.

Unregistered 28-12-2014 01:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lameyisp (Post 60612)
Thank you unregistered for your reply. I heard a lot stories about Apple singapore being localized culture and colleagues being very political.

i understand their bonus are based on variable and no 13th month. If that is the case, on usual asking salary, how much would a person add to their usual basic salary? I think cannot rely on variable bonus. Wonder if they even pay 1 month at least.

I was thinking if there are chances of getting transferred to other departments, internal rotation in Apple.

Yes, they encourage internal rotation through frequent emails to staff. But my whole time there.. I NEVER ONCE HEARD someone being transferred internally even THOUGH they have applied many times.. Moral of the story is, when you first apply there, make sure it is something you can do for a few years. Those people prefer to hire outside candidates and hate to promote internally.

Hmm.. example would be: Fresh grad: 3k - supply chain.

Unregistered 28-12-2014 08:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lameyisp (Post 60612)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 60627)
Yes, they encourage internal rotation through frequent emails to staff. But my whole time there.. I NEVER ONCE HEARD someone being transferred internally even THOUGH they have applied many times.. Moral of the story is, when you first apply there, make sure it is something you can do for a few years. Those people prefer to hire outside candidates and hate to promote internally.

Hmm.. example would be: Fresh grad: 3k - supply chain.

What! Fresh grad 3k is a lot in market value. Usually fresh grad only get 2.6-2.7k lor. Or they hire those elites first class with a 3k salary. Sounds reasonable lah.

Unregistered 28-12-2014 08:59 AM

Quote:

Or they hire those elites first class with a 3k salary
Currently for FCH it varies for industry but they can usually expect above 4k. It's all about the interview though.