Bulge Bracket front office pay and career progression - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




Bulge Bracket front office pay and career progression

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 07-04-2013, 11:40 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 4
BB_FO is on a distinguished road
Unhappy Bulge Bracket front office pay and career progression

Hi
this is not mean to be a haolian thread, since I know there are many high high achievers and elite here.

just wan to get some perspective from the seniors here

I been working in BB FO for almost 4 years,
my annual pay is between 135 and 155k, bonus non existence. increment are decent double digits so far.

however I have been stuck at entry level analyst since.

does my boss think I am underperformer? some of my friends in other desks hit vp in 5-6 year, while I am yet to even get a bump to Associate

I like everything about my job, the pay, the hours and the jobscope, colleagues are ok and I like my company. in fact I am probably too comfortable there

the only problem is lack of career progression.

some of my fren say, why do care about the title? money is more important..
however I not even sure if I am underpaid or not? because I am not comfortable comparing pay, out of fear of being embarrassed.

should I move, just to get a kick start to my career?? AM I stuck in dead end job??? is my pay decent or too low?

not trolling here.
hope some senior who have been there done that can enlighten me. thanks



Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills


SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android


Bursa Stocks Android App - check share prices
Bursa Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go


SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go


SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app
Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 07-04-2013, 12:18 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Which bank and exactly which desk are you on? FO role with non-existent bonus? Are you sure your positions is really a FO role?

Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 07-04-2013, 12:29 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 4
BB_FO is on a distinguished road
Default

u obviously dunno how bad markets was the past 2 year and how jobs many got cut

Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 07-04-2013, 12:41 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BB_FO View Post
u obviously dunno how bad markets was the past 2 year and how jobs many got cut
Sorry, I meant no offence. I guess this kind of things differ from coy to coy. My side, an European BB has axed people, froze hiring and pay increments but these are mostly done to the backoffice and to the juniors. No doubt the FO people are affected but to a lesser extent from what I see. That's why I asked about your role and coy, I'm rather curious how other coys are doing. Are you from B****ps?
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 07-04-2013, 01:44 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sorry, I meant no offence. I guess this kind of things differ from coy to coy. My side, an European BB has axed people, froze hiring and pay increments but these are mostly done to the backoffice and to the juniors. No doubt the FO people are affected but to a lesser extent from what I see. That's why I asked about your role and coy, I'm rather curious how other coys are doing. Are you from B****ps?
think ts less than 4 yr s consider junior
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 07-04-2013, 01:52 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

You said you are happy with your pay, which is already quite high by most standards considering your relative young age. So your only discomfort is with the title. I say, titles are overrated. Be happy.


Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills


SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android


Bursa Stocks Android App - check share prices
Bursa Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go


SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go


SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app
Reply With Quote

  #7 (permalink)  
Old 07-04-2013, 02:08 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BB_FO View Post
Hi
this is not mean to be a haolian thread, since I know there are many high high achievers and elite here.

just wan to get some perspective from the seniors here

I been working in BB FO for almost 4 years,
my annual pay is between 135 and 155k, bonus non existence. increment are decent double digits so far.

however I have been stuck at entry level analyst since.

does my boss think I am underperformer? some of my friends in other desks hit vp in 5-6 year, while I am yet to even get a bump to Associate

I like everything about my job, the pay, the hours and the jobscope, colleagues are ok and I like my company. in fact I am probably too comfortable there

the only problem is lack of career progression.

some of my fren say, why do care about the title? money is more important..
however I not even sure if I am underpaid or not? because I am not comfortable comparing pay, out of fear of being embarrassed.

should I move, just to get a kick start to my career?? AM I stuck in dead end job??? is my pay decent or too low?

not trolling here.
hope some senior who have been there done that can enlighten me. thanks
your age should be 30+/-2??

getting 135k-155k with just 4 years exp is good ALREADY.

I am age 31, degree holder, engineer, dunno can hit your annual salary when I retire at age 62.

my annnual salary is only 50% of yours currently, annual increment is pansy 3+%....
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 07-04-2013, 04:31 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

TS this kind put anywhere give whatever title oso won't be happy one la. cause he inherently not a happy person already. got money got good job got good environment then hiam title. if got everything confirm will find something else to hiam one. my advice to you is to change your mindset and be contented with what you have la.
Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 07-04-2013, 06:20 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
TS this kind put anywhere give whatever title oso won't be happy one la. cause he inherently not a happy person already. got money got good job got good environment then hiam title. if got everything confirm will find something else to hiam one. my advice to you is to change your mindset and be contented with what you have la.
its not much as hiam title as just wondering about the lack of career progression..

I didnt want this to be a flamebait or trolling thread and there is no intention to haolian..

with all due respect to other professions.. I am not in engineering and so its not an apple to apple comparison..

for me I do not mind a relocation, lower pay and longer hours if I have greater career progression and more learning opportunites. I am still relative young and my current goal is not to have a job that give me times to look after the kids

SO i hope you can respect this difference

thanks. I just wan to get some perspective from others who are also in BB FO, am i underpaid and does my boss think I am a dud since I have not had a promotion in almost 4 yrs


Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
That's why I asked about your role and coy, I'm rather curious how other coys are doing. Are you from B****ps?

hi I already give out a lot of info, incl my annual pay, bonus and all...
.. perhaps you want to give more info yourself so that everyone can compare
Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 07-04-2013, 11:17 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
its not much as hiam title as just wondering about the lack of career progression..

I didnt want this to be a flamebait or trolling thread and there is no intention to haolian..

with all due respect to other professions.. I am not in engineering and so its not an apple to apple comparison..

for me I do not mind a relocation, lower pay and longer hours if I have greater career progression and more learning opportunites. I am still relative young and my current goal is not to have a job that give me times to look after the kids

SO i hope you can respect this difference

thanks. I just wan to get some perspective from others who are also in BB FO, am i underpaid and does my boss think I am a dud since I have not had a promotion in almost 4 yrs





hi I already give out a lot of info, incl my annual pay, bonus and all...
.. perhaps you want to give more info yourself so that everyone can compare
Ask him...are we mind readers?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
bank, barclays, bulge bracket, credit suisse, front office, goldman sachs, investment bank, investment banking, jp morgan, lehman brothers, morgan stanley, trading

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Banking - Back Office fishball Income and Jobs 239 20-09-2021 10:22 PM
Career progression for risk management related position david Income and Jobs 84 27-09-2017 09:29 PM
Career Progression in IT dupdupdup Education and Personal Growth 10 21-05-2013 01:06 AM
about career progression lmaohaha Income and Jobs 6 12-05-2012 12:30 AM
Career progression as a personal banker tianzui Income and Jobs 4 03-04-2012 04:04 PM

» 30 Recent Threads
GovTech ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
5,001 Replies, 2,103,071 Views
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
14,701 Replies, 4,870,039 Views
ST Electronics ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,657 Replies, 1,498,618 Views
Factual Local Bank Salaries - DBS... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,773 Replies, 1,361,765 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
20,893 Replies, 10,206,494 Views
Roles in accenture singapore ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
7,098 Replies, 2,251,559 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
16,271 Replies, 12,308,504 Views
If you can't find a company here... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
139 Replies, 49,914 Views
Top 10 degree programmes in...
3 Replies, 3,936 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
7,206 Replies, 3,336,013 Views
Staying in SPF or join another...
2 Replies, 552 Views
Rio tinto ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
82 Replies, 55,468 Views
Standard Chartered International... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
466 Replies, 258,939 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
10,264 Replies, 6,405,003 Views
IMDA (under MCI) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,240 Replies, 592,123 Views
UOB Management Associate Program ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,270 Replies, 743,855 Views
DBS ACE Programme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
112 Replies, 73,922 Views
MAS for Mid Career Professionals ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,761 Replies, 1,015,246 Views
HTX (Home Team Science and... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
639 Replies, 323,808 Views
Shopee fresh grad pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,028 Replies, 426,680 Views
Work culture in IHiS ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
707 Replies, 525,609 Views
Maritime and Port Authority of... ( 1 2)
13 Replies, 17,300 Views
DSTA (under Mindef) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,397 Replies, 1,345,121 Views
NUS (National University of... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
314 Replies, 310,226 Views
Micron starting pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
702 Replies, 388,085 Views
Compilation of MAs/Analysts Gross... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,263 Replies, 700,712 Views
DBS Graduate Associate Program ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,297 Replies, 986,951 Views
Visa Internship
3 Replies, 4,350 Views
GIC (Government of Singapore... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
419 Replies, 712,883 Views
CSA (Cyber Security Agency) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
885 Replies, 486,645 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 08:00 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2