Bulge Bracket front office pay and career progression - Page 2 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries

Bulge Bracket front office pay and career progression

Old 08-04-2013, 09:29 AM
Unregistered

Annual of only 155k with 4 years experience seems quite below the market my suggestion is for you to jump ship. Most similar FO roles with your experience should have no problems offering >250k inclusive of bonus and allowance.

Old 08-04-2013, 11:07 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Annual of only 155k with 4 years experience seems quite below the market my suggestion is for you to jump ship. Most similar FO roles with your experience should have no problems offering >250k inclusive of bonus and allowance.
ts here

135- 155 is basic only... might have hit 180 or 200 with bonus if markets is normal..

is my basic is really too low???

anyway thanks for the insight

Old 08-04-2013, 01:50 PM
Unregistered

Quote:

hi I already give out a lot of info, incl my annual pay, bonus and all...
.. perhaps you want to give more info yourself so that everyone can compare
Ok, on my 5th year in my coy, assosciate level. My Basic is about 20% higher, total compensation for last year came to just under 250k, close to what another poster has mentioned. I'm in structuring.

If you're comfortable with telling, what FO role are you holding?
I think your compensation is on the low side, but nothing exceptionally bad. It's probably because you joined during a period of turmoil.

Old 08-04-2013, 02:04 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
ts here

135- 155 is basic only... might have hit 180 or 200 with bonus if markets is normal..

is my basic is really too low???

anyway thanks for the insight
Old 10-04-2013, 02:17 PM
Unregistered

A word for TS. Due to nature of forums, please read every comment with caution and thinking (including mine). And a word for fellow forumers, a person who opens a thread is someone who is highly interested to know about something! He isn't just posting as a unregistered.

How do you rate your own performance relative to people in the same company as you? Are there many who are better than you? Are there people who came in a year or more later than you but received the increment to associate?

Assuming you are an average performer, I'm guessing it's due to the market. I feel many of the people in forums are trolling. Someone here even doubt your lack of bonus, which proves he's not in this industry. Being someone in similar position as you, i understand exactly what you are going through. My coy has been freezing headcounts, and we are lucky not to be retrenched. Hidden rule in my coy is not to expect promotions this year (unless you are exceptional)

Think of it this way, we work in a pyramid, with the analyst filling the base. we can't have a pyramid with the mid level wider than the base, the base level is always important. Since market is not moving, the pyramid can't grow. Can't grow means x amount of associate will remain as x amount of associate. You will only have a shot if an associate leaves, but what are the odds? Unless you are a high performer, otherwise wait out.

Your pay is good, it's normal for humans to crave for more. The title is under-rated, yes. Jobscopes of associate and analyst are almost similar. But you need the promotion! Got to think of your future, you can't job hop like this! You will merely jobhop to another analyst position in another BB and you will start all over again!
Unless you got powerful friends to pull you to a higher position, otherwise don't!

Drop hints to your immediate superior. I'm guessing a rather good r/s between him/her with you.

Give your company some time. The market needs recovery. Only then the market will grow, pyramid will expand, and your probability of advancing is higher.
Old 11-04-2013, 10:59 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
A word for TS. Due to nature of forums, please read every comment with caution and thinking (including mine). And a word for fellow forumers, a person who opens a thread is someone who is highly interested to know about something! He isn't just posting as a unregistered.

How do you rate your own performance relative to people in the same company as you? Are there many who are better than you? Are there people who came in a year or more later than you but received the increment to associate?

Assuming you are an average performer, I'm guessing it's due to the market. I feel many of the people in forums are trolling. Someone here even doubt your lack of bonus, which proves he's not in this industry. Being someone in similar position as you, i understand exactly what you are going through. My coy has been freezing headcounts, and we are lucky not to be retrenched. Hidden rule in my coy is not to expect promotions this year (unless you are exceptional)

Think of it this way, we work in a pyramid, with the analyst filling the base. we can't have a pyramid with the mid level wider than the base, the base level is always important. Since market is not moving, the pyramid can't grow. Can't grow means x amount of associate will remain as x amount of associate. You will only have a shot if an associate leaves, but what are the odds? Unless you are a high performer, otherwise wait out.

Your pay is good, it's normal for humans to crave for more. The title is under-rated, yes. Jobscopes of associate and analyst are almost similar. But you need the promotion! Got to think of your future, you can't job hop like this! You will merely jobhop to another analyst position in another BB and you will start all over again!
Unless you got powerful friends to pull you to a higher position, otherwise don't!

Drop hints to your immediate superior. I'm guessing a rather good r/s between him/her with you.

Give your company some time. The market needs recovery. Only then the market will grow, pyramid will expand, and your probability of advancing is higher.

thanks!!!

I will only jump for a title bump... no way will i accept being an analyst at a new bank

Old 11-04-2013, 11:03 AM
Unregistered

hey TS.. how come you can be in FO but so naive?

You sure you are in FO? Don't you know by now that it is the bonus and not base pay that makes the difference?

Just stick with your $135k pa and wait for the upcycle
Old 11-04-2013, 11:22 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
thanks!!!

I will only jump for a title bump... no way will i accept being an analyst at a new bank
That's the dumbest thing to do ever, banking titles are not worth a cent.
Old 11-04-2013, 11:01 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
hey TS.. how come you can be in FO but so naive?

You sure you are in FO? Don't you know by now that it is the bonus and not base pay that makes the difference?

Just stick with your $135k pa and wait for the upcycle
you obivously got a lot of bonus last yr... another troll who dunno what happen the last 2 years

Quote:
That's the dumbest thing to do ever, banking titles are not worth a cent.
banking titles are correlated with pay... cockster
Old 12-04-2013, 09:30 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
you obivously got a lot of bonus last yr... another troll who dunno what happen the last 2 years

banking titles are correlated with pay... cockster
obviously another clown who has never worked in a bank b4...