Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries

Anyone jobless for a long time before?

Old 06-04-2016, 01:52 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Top 1% got money would already generate 30-50k rich people in Singapore. Of course it's a lot numbers wise.

But instead of a country sample representative of 99% normal people 1% rich people in this forum, we have 80% rich/super high flyers and 10% affluent PME and just 10% normal or below average. Tell me what are the chances that an unregistered forum targeting pay discussions for students, unemployed or career starters will attract all the rich people to congregate here?

DBS CEO Piyush Gupta and his MDs come here to talk cock? Did he jio his OCBC & UOB counterparts Samuel & Ee Chow to come here as well? Civil service superscale Directors/Principals/Generals and Perm Secs come here to chit chat? Rich businessmen come here to network? Do you really believe this or just arguing for argument sake?
I am here. I am a people's person and I like to understand their problems and difficulties right from them.

Old 06-04-2016, 02:49 PM
Unregistered

because we believe most human beings are sane and logical. so sane and logical humans automatically translate to sane forum-ers. they post only from the heart and logical thinking.

It must be quite perverse if you think about it, for people to come online and pour out grievances and unhappiness. especially on Facebook. Unfortunately, most people are not smart, so they just use the internet and gossi non stop about cow dung.

Just a side story:

Poor old PM lee have to set up Facebook and deal with all these petty squabbles on the internet. If people come out and meet him, do you think he has to deal with all this? He invite them drink TEA at Istana or downstairs kopitiam. The number of issues will reduce from 500 to 5 minor town council suggestions. HAHAHAHAHA

You can bet his father was a better PM. Do you think people on internet dare to mess with LKY in real life? gonna kana send to jail. LKY was a no nonsense real leader, he doesn't mess with Facebook or instagram or snapchat. he straight sue you or put a matter to rest with his title as Prime Minister of Singapore

a PM needs to command respect, not be like a dog and follow the trends on internet. just horrible. absolutely horrible.

Old 06-04-2016, 03:27 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
You describe a very usual outcome for these rich kids, rich because of their parents. And I applaud you for not taking a strong stance like I have.

The thing here is that these rich kids CAN be sweet to others, CAN be kind, CAN be appreciative for what they have. Simply because they don't have anything to worry about.

They know they turn 30, parents buy condo. They see new Mercedes, parents buy Mercedes. They see Chanel handbag, they just ask parents for S$5k to buy. You see how easy their life is. You see how easy it is for them to be kind to others. Because they don't need to spend time like you and me to find a job, find how to pay bills, find how to cut back on shopping trips.

Those rich kids who are mean, okay lah, don't know what to say. But those rich kids who portray their life as very kind still doesn't change what they are underneath - their life is already set not because of them, because of their parents.

Okay, you say she's hardworking. I will agree with you. Then take extreme case. How you feel about someone who is hard working, work admin job 9am to 9pm, earn $3k a month. But go home ask parents to buy her Mercedes? She's no different than someone who is spoilt and want everything handed to her.

Give me someone who has multi millionaire parents but does not take a single cent for them. Then I tell you that person is a good person.
What nonsense. So a multi millionaire's son must live up to your expectation of what constitute good character by not touching their family wealth and build from scratch? Ha ha...don't judge people using your old perception of what is right and what is wrong, don't be so uptight and rigid la, so if they give up everything and start from scratch and suffer like poor people, u r going to give him a medal or what?

Old 06-04-2016, 03:51 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
What nonsense. So a multi millionaire's son must live up to your expectation of what constitute good character by not touching their family wealth and build from scratch? Ha ha...don't judge people using your old perception of what is right and what is wrong, don't be so uptight and rigid la, so if they give up everything and start from scratch and suffer like poor people, u r going to give him a medal or what?

You raise a very good point. And it's hard to argue against you. Let me respond.

Firstly, I don't think it's logical or right to call my perception old, uptight or rigid. It is MY perception, maybe the right one or wrong one. But just ONE perception of assessing character. I see the term rigid as not allowing kids with rich parents to have good character. Instead, I say it is possible to have good character only if they such and such.

Thus my second point. You said "start from scratch and suffer like poor people". Start from scratch, yes. Suffer like poor people, definitely not. In fact, you've hit the nail on the head. You can only see a person's true character, that good character, if he starts from scratch like the rest of us who don't have the parents rich backing, and becomes somone good through his reliance on, sharing of and stewardship of his possessions.

Also, it isn't too far from reality where rich parents do NOT entitle their kids to wealth. See

://.businessinsider.com/why-kevin-oleary-flies-first-class-but-puts-his-kids-in-economy-2015-5

and

://.businessinsider.com/mark-cuban-billionaire-raising-kids-2015-8

Notably when Cuban said: "Cuban emphasized that he and his wife Tiffany are encouraging their children to learn through their own mistakes and experiences. They're not going to "buy" their problems away."

You can never tell how good a kid is if he just spends his parents money. He might be good, he might not be. But you just can't tell. You can only tell if what defines him is by his own effort and time.

Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills

SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android

Bursa Stocks Android App - check share prices
Bursa Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app
Old 06-04-2016, 03:57 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Top 1% got money would already generate 30-50k rich people in Singapore. Of course it's a lot numbers wise.

But instead of a country sample representative of 99% normal people 1% rich people in this forum, we have 80% rich/super high flyers and 10% affluent PME and just 10% normal or below average. Tell me what are the chances that an unregistered forum targeting pay discussions for students, unemployed or career starters will attract all the rich people to congregate here?

DBS CEO Piyush Gupta and his MDs come here to talk cock? Did he jio his OCBC & UOB counterparts Samuel & Ee Chow to come here as well? Civil service superscale Directors/Principals/Generals and Perm Secs come here to chit chat? Rich businessmen come here to network? Do you really believe this or just arguing for argument sake?
Yar the issue is sampling. Logically this sort of forum should be skewed towards the lower levels in terms of income & net worth because of the topic.

Personally I just read most of these big cannon stories with a laugh, most are harmless boasting anyway.

The really dangerous posts are those that hearsay with basic knowledge then anyhow give advice on common topics like banking, trading, investment, sales, certain companies etc. I suspect a lot of people here are unemployed or inexperienced and can easily be misled by half bake info.
Old 06-04-2016, 06:06 PM
Unregistered

i am jobless for 8 months now... i am a fresh local uni graduate, second upper class honours somemore.. anyone know what is expected salary i can get?salary i asked for isnt too high end, not like 5k , 6k.. but why no employers are looking for me?

Old 06-04-2016, 06:07 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
I was the guy who posted I jobless for 8 months.

I FINALLY GOT A JOB!!

Starting pay 3k.

Woo hoo!!!!!!!!!!
what job 3k?? what job position is that?
Old 06-04-2016, 06:09 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by science15 graduate View Post
Every day of searching for jobs leave me really depressed. I graduated from local uni life sciences. Not keen in applying for research jobs, open to jobs in healthcare, biomedical , business,smes . Went for a few interviews but hasnt been successful so far. Even interviews arranged by recruitment agencies did not bear fruit. Need to keep searching but getting more worried with each day. Wonder how many of my peers are like me or im the really pathetic graduate. Ive boost up my resumes with cca , part time work, final year projects but somehow even when i feel ive done my best for those interviews which i have been called up for somehow didnt go through..
well.. i am second upper hons degree graduate from local uni..also cant find job in 8 mths now. u leh?? how many months has this been??
Old 06-04-2016, 06:20 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
well.. i am second upper hons degree graduate from local uni..also cant find job in 8 mths now. u leh?? how many months has this been??
Job market is really bad right now. My bank has freezed all headcount and stopped hiring. Even replacement headcounts are freezed. So if people leave, they do not hire someone to replace the empty slot. Expect the job market to be bad for the next 2 years

SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android

Bursa Stocks Android App - check share prices
Bursa Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app
Old 07-04-2016, 12:51 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Job market is really bad right now. My bank has freezed all headcount and stopped hiring. Even replacement headcounts are freezed. So if people leave, they do not hire someone to replace the empty slot. Expect the job market to be bad for the next 2 years
More people will commit suicide because they can't find jobs. They became hopeless and helpless because no one can help them. You can't survive without jobs!
Apply so many job applications still no news! Really worry as jobless soon!