Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries

Anyone jobless for a long time before?

Old 09-04-2016, 08:48 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
You describe a very usual outcome for these rich kids, rich because of their parents. And I applaud you for not taking a strong stance like I have.

The thing here is that these rich kids CAN be sweet to others, CAN be kind, CAN be appreciative for what they have. Simply because they don't have anything to worry about.

They know they turn 30, parents buy condo. They see new Mercedes, parents buy Mercedes. They see Chanel handbag, they just ask parents for S$5k to buy. You see how easy their life is. You see how easy it is for them to be kind to others. Because they don't need to spend time like you and me to find a job, find how to pay bills, find how to cut back on shopping trips.

Those rich kids who are mean, okay lah, don't know what to say. But those rich kids who portray their life as very kind still doesn't change what they are underneath - their life is already set not because of them, because of their parents.

Okay, you say she's hardworking. I will agree with you. Then take extreme case. How you feel about someone who is hard working, work admin job 9am to 9pm, earn $3k a month. But go home ask parents to buy her Mercedes? She's no different than someone who is spoilt and want everything handed to her.

Give me someone who has multi millionaire parents but does not take a single cent for them. Then I tell you that person is a good person.
You sound like a sour grape don't you...is being born rich a crime? just because you don't have that luxury and need to sweat for every grain of rice..does it mean everyone has to go through the pathetic experience like you? and you seem like you have an inferior complex too...

Old 09-04-2016, 08:54 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Are you picky with jobs?

Because I myself once thought I am "all that" and I rejected many offers until one day I learnt a painful lesson and just took up a contract offer.
well done...last time i also started off with a contract job at a MNC which did not intend to convert me at all and their culture suck big time..but i stuck through it and picked up all the skills and experience..now at another company making slightly above average salary than my peers...

Old 09-04-2016, 11:37 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
I understand where you are coming from. But I'll phrase it simply.

You'll never know truly how nice someone is until that person is striped away from all luxuries and is left with that which she had to sacrifice her time for, ie, things she had to work for. I'm pretty sure she didn't have to work for her Omega watch and her chauffeur.

That's the issue. The minute someone knows she can get whatever by calling Mom or Dad, a request, a meal, a lift in her Mercedes driven by her chauffeur, you'll never know how nice she truly is. That is my point.

Compare with someone who worked hard and paid every cent for his car and see what he does with his car - send people home as a friendly gasture - then you can tell the person's true character.
I have rich parents plus I made my own money. I act however I want to. My parents bought me a merc but I can easily afford one myself. Got a Patek watch and Rolex watch as gifts. But I can afford them myself as well. Suck it up. There will always be rich ppl and poor ppl. Income inequality will always exist due to capitalism and differences in ability.

Old 10-04-2016, 12:31 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
I have rich parents plus I made my own money. I act however I want to. My parents bought me a merc but I can easily afford one myself. Got a Patek watch and Rolex watch as gifts. But I can afford them myself as well. Suck it up. There will always be rich ppl and poor ppl. Income inequality will always exist due to capitalism and differences in ability.
for me ...is hublot and AP...cos they know i love the metallic bulky look of it...
Old 10-04-2016, 02:07 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
for me ...is hublot and AP...cos they know i love the metallic bulky look of it...
Awesome. I like AP as well. But my wrist is not large enough for it. Looks too bulky. Patek watches are slimmer and smaller. I like the Patek calatrava, nautilus and rose gold aquanaut.

Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills

SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android

Bursa Stocks Android App - check share prices
Bursa Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app
Old 10-04-2016, 03:05 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Awesome. I like AP as well. But my wrist is not large enough for it. Looks too bulky. Patek watches are slimmer and smaller. I like the Patek calatrava, nautilus and rose gold aquanaut.
You guys are so mainstream. I wear Richard Mille.

SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android

Bursa Stocks Android App - check share prices
Bursa Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app

Old 10-04-2016, 10:09 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
I wasn't insisting that you live a certain way. I was saying how I would view you given how you live. And yes, I have been sucking it up. I know there will be many times in the future that rich kids will show off their wealth to me. The good thing is that I'm already immune to it.

And I think that's the lesson here. If you really got to know me, I have come terms with the fact that I'll never in my life time have the blessings of being the son of rich parents. And I'm okay with that. What I'm saying is purely objective and not emotional and personal.

You can live however you want. I'll see you however you want. And if there's any consolation for me, I've accepted that you've always have more money than me.
Old 10-04-2016, 10:25 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
I wasn't insisting that you live a certain way. I was saying how I would view you given how you live. And yes, I have been sucking it up. I know there will be many times in the future that rich kids will show off their wealth to me. The good thing is that I'm already immune to it.

And I think that's the lesson here. If you really got to know me, I have come terms with the fact that I'll never in my life time have the blessings of being the son of rich parents. And I'm okay with that. What I'm saying is purely objective and not emotional and personal.

You can live however you want. I'll see you however you want. And if there's any consolation for me, I've accepted that you've always have more money than me.
You seem like a good guy. Sorry u had to live such a hard life. Try rewarding yourself once in awhile. Don't work too hard. Too much money is useless anyway. What use is a luxury watch or car. They still tell the time or get u to places. Cheap cars and watches can accomplish the same objective. No point being so showy. Peace bro. Kudos to all the regular hardworking sinkies!!
Old 10-04-2016, 11:02 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
You seem like a good guy. Sorry u had to live such a hard life. Try rewarding yourself once in awhile. Don't work too hard. Too much money is useless anyway. What use is a luxury watch or car. They still tell the time or get u to places. Cheap cars and watches can accomplish the same objective. No point being so showy. Peace bro. Kudos to all the regular hardworking sinkies!!
Indeed, thanks man. Fortunately for me, I believe I've reached the point where additional income brings diminishing returns. I think it's like $90,000 a year. It's not $200,000, but it pays the bills and the HDB.

For me, it's certainly a maturity. During my 20's, it was all I want this, I want that. Then it took knowledge of global affairs to know that we're all trying to make it out of this thing call life. Empathy is a virtue and it can start by knowing you just need a little bit to get through each day.
Old 11-04-2016, 10:57 PM
Unregistered

finally we have peace again...all it started off was someone who sounded sore...and then cannons jumping in...