Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical Timeline for making a Hiring Decision - Page 550 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical Timeline for making a Hiring Decision

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #5491 (permalink)  
Old 08-06-2023, 03:49 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Not MOE, but I have been waiting for the offer to be sent for the past 5 weeks since everything was confirmed, seems like there are multiple layers of management approval required before the offer can be officially sent out, can consider contacting the HR contact person to check the status and to get an estimated offer before the official offer is sent to you. Good luck bro.
Thk u for sharing

Reply With Quote
  #5492 (permalink)  
Old 08-06-2023, 03:50 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Itís the June sch hols now and schools are closed, most HQ officers are on leave too. So be patient, you will most likely hear back in July
Thk u for sharing

Reply With Quote
  #5493 (permalink)  
Old 09-06-2023, 01:35 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Just curious How good is the medical benefit for public sector?
Like what happen if you got serious illness and need
Long term treatment?
For some pte company there is unpaid leave state
while still in employment so at least you still have a job.

Reply With Quote
  #5494 (permalink)  
Old 09-06-2023, 02:46 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Not MOE, but I have been waiting for the offer to be sent for the past 5 weeks since everything was confirmed, seems like there are multiple layers of management approval required before the offer can be officially sent out, can consider contacting the HR contact person to check the status and to get an estimated offer before the official offer is sent to you. Good luck bro.
Hi, Got an email from HR that they have received the reference checks documents and they are currently processing the application. No confirmation or timeline given. Not sure what to make of this though.

Anyone can share their experience?

Thks in advance
Reply With Quote
  #5495 (permalink)  
Old 09-06-2023, 11:23 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Just to share my timeline (Ministry)

I had my last interview in end March, asked to proceed for further clearance in early April, verbal offer in Mid May. Till today I am still waiting for the LOA/ContractÖ
Reply With Quote
  #5496 (permalink)  
Old 09-06-2023, 12:25 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Just curious How good is the medical benefit for public sector?
Like what happen if you got serious illness and need
Long term treatment?
For some pte company there is unpaid leave state
while still in employment so at least you still have a job.
You get extra 2% of salary into your Medisave every month. If the treatment not Medisave claimable then GG

Thereís also $500 per year of claimable outpatient so if you go to Govt hospital is just full claim until annual limit. But $500 probably not enough for chronic treatment

So - gg lor

Need to buy medical insurance. I always see the extra 2% is for me to buy insurance
Reply With Quote

  #5497 (permalink)  
Old 09-06-2023, 03:13 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
You get extra 2% of salary into your Medisave every month. If the treatment not Medisave claimable then GG

Thereís also $500 per year of claimable outpatient so if you go to Govt hospital is just full claim until annual limit. But $500 probably not enough for chronic treatment

So - gg lor

Need to buy medical insurance. I always see the extra 2% is for me to buy insurance
Thanks for sharing.
Insurance? U mean the singlife insurance for public sector?
Reply With Quote
  #5498 (permalink)  
Old 09-06-2023, 04:00 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Thanks for sharing.
Insurance? U mean the singlife insurance for public sector?
No. I meant Medical insurance offered by many insurers that can cover up to 95% of bills

But saying more will be seriously off topic

Basically public service medical benefits only good enough for small stuff. Serious stuff better get your own insurance using the extra Medisave they pay you
Reply With Quote
  #5499 (permalink)  
Old 09-06-2023, 05:38 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
No. I meant Medical insurance offered by many insurers that can cover up to 95% of bills

But saying more will be seriously off topic

Basically public service medical benefits only good enough for small stuff. Serious stuff better get your own insurance using the extra Medisave they pay you
Oh icic.
Thanks for sharing.
Off topic I dun think so lah. Anything related to civil sector can share here I guess so.
Just curious how government sector vs pte sector has system for those ppl who need long treatment like whether let employee go unpaid leave while still keeping their job.
If it is government sector, what will they go? Ask u zao mah? Lol.
Reply With Quote
  #5500 (permalink)  
Old 09-06-2023, 05:45 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

It depends. If you worked many years for the organisation and has decent performance ie not a troublemaker, they will give you flexibility to go for treatment. Sick leave and hospitalisation leave quantum quite high. Or they can offer you part time role so you only work 3 days or half day, if the work scope allows

Iíve seen senior staff (as in by age) given the flexibility to go for treatment. If itís just 1-2 hours then usually informally the bosses can give you time off. Depending on how the boss is like la

But if you just join and first year during probation you have these issues, then unless you prove you can still deliver very good work despite taking time for treatment, they probably wonít confirm you lor. They wonít say itís because of medical but will focus on the performance as reason

And if you lie about it on the declaration form they may use it as cause to ask you to leave
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Any Ministry or Statboard still offers permanent appointments? rapier82 Income and Jobs 4 21-05-2023 12:47 PM
Typical Millionaire Salary.sg Investments and Net Worth 4 08-09-2011 04:32 PM
Decision Making, Please Advice. vision Income and Jobs 14 07-09-2011 04:56 PM
usually what is the typical performance bonus in ministries like miwashi Income and Jobs 2 28-07-2011 03:47 PM
Making money from blogging or books Husky Income and Jobs 1 14-08-2009 05:27 PM

» 30 Recent Threads
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
11,676 Replies, 4,208,035 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
20,216 Replies, 9,317,817 Views
IMDA (under MCI) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
909 Replies, 415,552 Views
HDB (under MND) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
516 Replies, 550,050 Views
GovTech ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,167 Replies, 1,682,976 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
9,384 Replies, 5,674,490 Views
HTX (Home Team Science and... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
404 Replies, 195,147 Views
Work culture in IHiS ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
611 Replies, 432,462 Views
CAD (Commercial Affairs Department) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
228 Replies, 228,138 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
15,872 Replies, 11,567,335 Views
Roles in accenture singapore ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
6,577 Replies, 1,934,624 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
5,510 Replies, 4,183,302 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
6,184 Replies, 2,898,232 Views
Civil Service Performance Bonus ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,855 Replies, 4,171,717 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
5,704 Replies, 3,348,491 Views
Constituency Manager (People... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
963 Replies, 752,262 Views
Factual Local Bank Salaries - DBS... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,459 Replies, 1,095,234 Views
SIM-UOL fresh grad starting pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
6,878 Replies, 2,712,229 Views
ITE Polytechnic Scheme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
274 Replies, 308,600 Views
What are BAND 5 positions -... ( 1 2 3)
22 Replies, 6,655 Views
NCS (SingTel subsidiary) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,279 Replies, 989,658 Views
NTU (non-faculty) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
142 Replies, 191,043 Views
Band 4 and Band 5 in Standard... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
65 Replies, 148,540 Views
GIC (Government of Singapore... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
369 Replies, 649,110 Views
OKX SuperNova Graduate Program ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
79 Replies, 51,923 Views
ST Electronics ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,450 Replies, 1,306,216 Views
MAS for Mid Career Professionals ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,589 Replies, 873,772 Views
LTA (Land Transport Authority) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
475 Replies, 273,761 Views
OCBC Graduate Talent Programme... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,102 Replies, 555,100 Views
Calculate Net Worth and Benchmark... ( 1 2)
16 Replies, 19,436 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 03:18 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2