Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical Timeline for making a Hiring Decision - Page 52 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical Timeline for making a Hiring Decision

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #511 (permalink)  
Old 19-09-2015, 11:06 AM
HumanBean
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Ministry to Stat Board and Vice Versa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have ask my HR, if ur in ministry now and go to stat board, its considered transfer of service. Means bonus wont be reset. but you need to apply la for the jobs when listed on careers@gov, u go interview all this, once selected will than the agency initiate the transfer to your ministry and will pending approval from your boss..
Actually, transfer of service only applies if you move from Ministry to Ministry. The civil service implemented that because too many people were quitting and moving between Ministries to get better pay and career prospects. Also, Ministries also use the same career scheme - the MX scheme, so it's not difficult to do a transfer administratively.

If you were to move from Ministry to stat board or vice-versa, there are 2 possibilities:

(1) Secondment from Ministry to stat board - generally only applies if the stat board is under the Ministry (e.g. move from MOT to LTA) and if the Ministry actually allows it. What happens is that you eventually have to return to the Ministry though (unless you quit to join the stat board).

(2) Quit from Ministry to go to stat board - applies in most cases if the stat board is not under the Ministry (e.g. move from MOT to IDA).

Quitting though means you forgo benefits that you can get with years of service (e.g. long service award or additional leave after 10 years of service) because the counter for your years of service gets restarted.

Hope this helps.

Reply With Quote
  #512 (permalink)  
Old 19-09-2015, 11:02 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Applied to Spring on 2 Sept. Have 1 year exp in a law firm, 2 year exp in a tech start up. Status changed to 'in process' on 14 Sept. No call or word since- not sure if good or bad.

Reply With Quote
  #513 (permalink)  
Old 20-09-2015, 11:21 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Applied to Spring on 2 Sept. Have 1 year exp in a law firm, 2 year exp in a tech start up. Status changed to 'in process' on 14 Sept. No call or word since- not sure if good or bad.
spare tyre, perhaps?

Reply With Quote
  #514 (permalink)  
Old 20-09-2015, 12:48 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Applied to Spring on 2 Sept. Have 1 year exp in a law firm, 2 year exp in a tech start up. Status changed to 'in process' on 14 Sept. No call or word since- not sure if good or bad.
in-process means they saw your application, that's all.
Reply With Quote
  #515 (permalink)  
Old 20-09-2015, 03:11 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Yes, this is very true. I also had my interview on Friday, and the following Monday the HR of the organization inform me about my offer. Apparently, they took quite long to process my contract hahaha
Exactly same for me. I am still waiting for my security clearance after body checkup and two interviews.
Reply With Quote
  #516 (permalink)  
Old 04-10-2015, 09:21 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 40
xiaopangbronco is on a distinguished road
Default

Check with you all normally for statboard i applied online will they only call me up for interview after the application period ends?
Reply With Quote

  #517 (permalink)  
Old 04-10-2015, 11:42 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by xiaopangbronco View Post
Check with you all normally for statboard i applied online will they only call me up for interview after the application period ends?
see the hr loh... if got a lot of people apply then maybe they clear in batches... if nobody apply then cant be hr ask senior mgmt to come interview 1 guy only right? so they will accumulate until got a few then one shot settle the interviews on 1 day.
Reply With Quote
  #518 (permalink)  
Old 07-10-2015, 03:51 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Interviewed at a statboard on 2 Sep, got an email from HR a week later telling me that they are considering me positively for the role and would get back to me with their offer the following week, and would contact me once the contract is ready.

1 month later still no response from them since that email. That job position has been re posted twice since then.

Should I call the HR to check?
Reply With Quote
  #519 (permalink)  
Old 07-10-2015, 05:50 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default In Process

Hi, I would like to ask usually how long do they contact you after they change the application status to In Process?

Actually I have worked in Stat Board before and just wondering will they not even consider me for an interview since I have jumped to pte sector now.
Reply With Quote
  #520 (permalink)  
Old 08-10-2015, 08:16 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HumanBean View Post
Actually, transfer of service only applies if you move from Ministry to Ministry. The civil service implemented that because too many people were quitting and moving between Ministries to get better pay and career prospects. Also, Ministries also use the same career scheme - the MX scheme, so it's not difficult to do a transfer administratively.

If you were to move from Ministry to stat board or vice-versa, there are 2 possibilities:

(1) Secondment from Ministry to stat board - generally only applies if the stat board is under the Ministry (e.g. move from MOT to LTA) and if the Ministry actually allows it. What happens is that you eventually have to return to the Ministry though (unless you quit to join the stat board).

(2) Quit from Ministry to go to stat board - applies in most cases if the stat board is not under the Ministry (e.g. move from MOT to IDA).

Quitting though means you forgo benefits that you can get with years of service (e.g. long service award or additional leave after 10 years of service) because the counter for your years of service gets restarted.

Hope this helps.
im currently in a ministry and got an offer at one of the organs of state, they inform me that its transfer of service and bonus and year of service not effected. but in the end i rejected the offer cause so far from my home, so many ERP somemore, haha.. still trying for others though..
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Any Ministry or Statboard still offers permanent appointments? rapier82 Income and Jobs 31 19-07-2024 11:42 AM
Typical Millionaire Salary.sg Investments and Net Worth 4 08-09-2011 04:32 PM
Decision Making, Please Advice. vision Income and Jobs 14 07-09-2011 04:56 PM
usually what is the typical performance bonus in ministries like miwashi Income and Jobs 2 28-07-2011 03:47 PM
Making money from blogging or books Husky Income and Jobs 1 14-08-2009 05:27 PM

» 30 Recent Threads
Anyone jobless for a long time... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,516 Replies, 1,978,051 Views
How much are you earning per annum? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
14,397 Replies, 6,678,860 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
6,136 Replies, 4,975,016 Views
31 yo private uni grad. Is there... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
66 Replies, 4,905 Views
Roles in accenture singapore ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
8,213 Replies, 2,614,283 Views
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
18,782 Replies, 5,623,743 Views
JP Morgan ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
216 Replies, 197,103 Views
INL Agency? Brand Communication...
8 Replies, 933 Views
ST Electronics ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,979 Replies, 1,722,576 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
16,549 Replies, 13,045,356 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
7,646 Replies, 3,689,272 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
11,843 Replies, 7,286,837 Views
LTA (Land Transport Authority) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
937 Replies, 499,422 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
21,506 Replies, 10,940,508 Views
CSA (Cyber Security Agency) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
952 Replies, 579,693 Views
Salary Calculation
8 Replies, 6,002 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
6,623 Replies, 4,039,746 Views
Salary increment
3 Replies, 276 Views
IMDA (under MCI) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,442 Replies, 735,470 Views
Hospital (Private or Public)... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,019 Replies, 517,765 Views
ITE Polytechnic Scheme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
367 Replies, 414,038 Views
MAS for Mid Career Professionals ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,361 Replies, 1,206,289 Views
DSO (under Mindef) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
56 Replies, 72,891 Views
NCS (SingTel subsidiary) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,597 Replies, 1,279,785 Views
Rohde & Schwarz in Singapore
9 Replies, 8,964 Views
Factual Local Bank Salaries - DBS... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,969 Replies, 1,585,899 Views
HTX (Home Team Science and... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
960 Replies, 480,747 Views
For those with 2-5 YOE, what is... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,210 Replies, 484,932 Views
GovTech ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
6,682 Replies, 2,682,187 Views
SLA (Singapore Land Authority) ( 1 2)
10 Replies, 11,484 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 04:12 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2