Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical Timeline for making a Hiring Decision
View Single Post
Old 08-10-2015, 08:16 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by HumanBean View Post
Actually, transfer of service only applies if you move from Ministry to Ministry. The civil service implemented that because too many people were quitting and moving between Ministries to get better pay and career prospects. Also, Ministries also use the same career scheme - the MX scheme, so it's not difficult to do a transfer administratively.

If you were to move from Ministry to stat board or vice-versa, there are 2 possibilities:

(1) Secondment from Ministry to stat board - generally only applies if the stat board is under the Ministry (e.g. move from MOT to LTA) and if the Ministry actually allows it. What happens is that you eventually have to return to the Ministry though (unless you quit to join the stat board).

(2) Quit from Ministry to go to stat board - applies in most cases if the stat board is not under the Ministry (e.g. move from MOT to IDA).

Quitting though means you forgo benefits that you can get with years of service (e.g. long service award or additional leave after 10 years of service) because the counter for your years of service gets restarted.

Hope this helps.
im currently in a ministry and got an offer at one of the organs of state, they inform me that its transfer of service and bonus and year of service not effected. but in the end i rejected the offer cause so far from my home, so many ERP somemore, haha.. still trying for others though..