Back-up Career - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




Back-up Career

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 22-09-2011, 01:11 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 34
JeffLKS is on a distinguished road
Default Back-up Career

I am not sure if the term "Back-up Career" is correctly used.

The main idea that i wish to share is having a second career plan in hand while you are working for the first. Is there anyone who has the same idea as I am?

Imagine if your career doesn't goes well, you still have an alternative route to success.

Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 22-09-2011, 11:33 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Aim for 2nd, 3rd backup

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffLKS View Post
I am not sure if the term "Back-up Career" is correctly used.

The main idea that i wish to share is having a second career plan in hand while you are working for the first. Is there anyone who has the same idea as I am?

Imagine if your career doesn't goes well, you still have an alternative route to success.
Hi Jeff,

It is always important and nothing wrong to have back up.

However you must able to juggle your time and energy to ensure you are putting in the necessary effort that the company pay you to do.

I have one that require my time and effort. And is working on a few as a "sleeping" partner in business that I can offer my knowledge but doesn't require full time presence.

Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 25-09-2011, 07:55 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 34
JeffLKS is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi Jeff,

It is always important and nothing wrong to have back up.

However you must able to juggle your time and energy to ensure you are putting in the necessary effort that the company pay you to do.

I have one that require my time and effort. And is working on a few as a "sleeping" partner in business that I can offer my knowledge but doesn't require full time presence.
I see, but how to synchronize with 2 career at a same time? Actually I have totally no idea where to start from too. It's like nearly impossible to execute both together unless in your situation which doesn't require full time presence. Hmmm..

Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 25-09-2011, 11:26 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffLKS View Post
I see, but how to synchronize with 2 career at a same time? Actually I have totally no idea where to start from too. It's like nearly impossible to execute both together unless in your situation which doesn't require full time presence. Hmmm..
Tuition or part-time lecturing comes to mind.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Career advice for mid-career changer Rhin Income and Jobs 5 21-07-2010 11:21 PM

» 30 Recent Threads
ST Electronics ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,960 Replies, 415,835 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
10,802 Replies, 3,717,279 Views
MAS : Mid Career Professionals ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
303 Replies, 189,983 Views
Factual Local Bank Salaries - DBS... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
374 Replies, 165,282 Views
How much are you earning per annum? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
12,217 Replies, 4,077,304 Views
Engineer Pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
190 Replies, 78,732 Views
UBS Financial Services Industry... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
186 Replies, 53,164 Views
OCBC Graduate Talent Programme... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
686 Replies, 199,492 Views
Compilation of MAs/Analysts Gross... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
458 Replies, 110,726 Views
Starting pay for fresh grad? ( 1 2 3)
26 Replies, 22,416 Views
SIM-UOL fresh grad starting pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
5,722 Replies, 1,515,238 Views
Restructuring and insolvency
5 Replies, 347 Views
ITE Polytechnic Scheme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
120 Replies, 104,533 Views
Roles in accenture singapore ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,202 Replies, 352,400 Views
Working at Accenture ( 1 2)
13 Replies, 8,870 Views
Working in HDB ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
374 Replies, 318,224 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
11,680 Replies, 6,655,725 Views
Fresh Grad from local U cant find... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
73 Replies, 28,617 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,960 Replies, 1,168,869 Views
DBS Graduate Associate Program ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,008 Replies, 470,525 Views
DBS tech seed programme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
455 Replies, 99,613 Views
GovTech career grade ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
238 Replies, 229,454 Views
Asset Management Salary ( 1 2)
16 Replies, 870 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,040 Replies, 1,390,998 Views
Part-time Higher NITEC in...
6 Replies, 4,726 Views
GIC career ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
288 Replies, 401,851 Views
Details about how to get PMP...
1 Replies, 504 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 07:39 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2