MAS for Mid Career Professionals - Page 34 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Companies

Companies Discuss companies and organisations.




MAS for Mid Career Professionals

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #331 (permalink)  
Old 06-05-2021, 01:34 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Heard development is overworked and culture is bad. Anyone can verify?
The stuff they deal with is way more varied and often, novel, compared to say, Supervision departments, so there is less routine in terms of the jobscope. This probably leads to more debate / discussion and also lengthier processes (approvals etc.)

No idea on the culture but they really have a lot of different and new things to do, which can be draining or even frustrating for some people.

Reply With Quote
  #332 (permalink)  
Old 06-05-2021, 01:40 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Just wondering in MAS, which teams are the most tough or chiong - Economics Policy, Markets Development or Supervision roles! Hearsay some teams have a really bad work life balance.
Sometimes the toughness or chiongness depends on whether there is a large issue at hand, especially if you are in policy departments.

But in general, MAS, like other govt agencies, have a habit of increasing the amount of things to do (often unnecessary) but not increasing the amount of people to do it. This is one of the main factors leading to the lack of work life balance for some teams.

Reply With Quote
  #333 (permalink)  
Old 10-05-2021, 12:11 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Thanks for sharing so much!

Can I ask anyone who worked in MAS, upon resignation from A to AD at the 3 year mark, will there be any big bump in pay? Or jus a minor increment of 100-200? Understand that for the 1st year its about 3.8k, 2nd year, the group bonus will be subsumed under base so there will be a slight bump, but wondering from 3rd year onwards.

Reply With Quote
  #334 (permalink)  
Old 10-05-2021, 04:14 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2020
Posts: 67
COVID-19 is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post

Can I ask anyone who worked in MAS, upon resignation from A to AD at the 3 year mark, will there be any big bump in pay? Or jus a minor increment of 100-200? Understand that for the 1st year its about 3.8k, 2nd year, the group bonus will be subsumed under base so there will be a slight bump, but wondering from 3rd year onwards.
I didn't join starting as an A but I doubt so. My colleague who got redesignated to DD, complained that his increment is below $500. So i doubt A to AD will be higher than $500. Do you consider $500 to be big bump? Normal year increment is $200-300.

Btw the group bonus and 13 month has been subsumed in 2018 already. It is not for 2nd year associates 😂
Reply With Quote
  #335 (permalink)  
Old 12-05-2021, 12:34 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2020
Posts: 67
COVID-19 is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Thanks for sharing so much!

Can I ask anyone who worked in MAS, upon resignation from A to AD at the 3 year mark, will there be any big bump in pay? Or jus a minor increment of 100-200? Understand that for the 1st year its about 3.8k, 2nd year, the group bonus will be subsumed under base so there will be a slight bump, but wondering from 3rd year onwards.
What do you mean by bump? Normal increment is $200-300. My colleague got promoted to DD and he complain it's below $500.
By the way the fold in for 13 mth and group bonus happened for everyone in 2018 alr haha, so u wont see any slight bump.
Reply With Quote
  #336 (permalink)  
Old 12-05-2021, 10:44 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by COVID-19 View Post
What do you mean by bump? Normal increment is $200-300. My colleague got promoted to DD and he complain it's below $500.
By the way the fold in for 13 mth and group bonus happened for everyone in 2018 alr haha, so u wont see any slight bump.
I see! Thanks for sharing! 🙏 Yea understand its already changed in terms of the bonus system haha. Bump meaning, from Grade 13 A to Grade 12 AD, will there be any bump or increment that is more significant? Compared to say a normal pay increment for inflation every year haha.
Reply With Quote

  #337 (permalink)  
Old 12-05-2021, 11:44 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

If one is recently promoted to DD, realistically how much is the average salary.
Reply With Quote
  #338 (permalink)  
Old 16-05-2021, 11:28 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
If one is recently promoted to DD, realistically how much is the average salary.
For DD rank, it can be anything from $8.5k to $12k for new promotees (AD to DD).
Reason for being a big range is because not everyone's base is different, age also different, years of experiences also different.

So yes, the range you could look at is $8.5k to $12k , unless you can be more specific with age and years of relevant experiences, this could narrow down the range to a smaller one of up to $1.5k. (As there will always be a differences in ranges, same person can do the same job, same position, but 1 person could be paid more up to $1.5k, doing the same thing).
Reply With Quote
  #339 (permalink)  
Old 17-05-2021, 04:22 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
For DD rank, it can be anything from $8.5k to $12k for new promotees (AD to DD).
Reason for being a big range is because not everyone's base is different, age also different, years of experiences also different.

So yes, the range you could look at is $8.5k to $12k , unless you can be more specific with age and years of relevant experiences, this could narrow down the range to a smaller one of up to $1.5k. (As there will always be a differences in ranges, same person can do the same job, same position, but 1 person could be paid more up to $1.5k, doing the same thing).
thanks for this, may I know how much a directors pay range is in MAS and what grade this roughly corresponds to?
Reply With Quote
  #340 (permalink)  
Old 17-05-2021, 07:39 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

On average, how old before officers are promoted to AD, DD and Director for local grads?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
AML/Compliance/KYC professionals come in! daydreamer Income and Jobs 1517 21-09-2021 10:30 PM
Income for IT Professionals sudoku Income and Jobs 10 24-10-2014 07:20 PM
what does corporate hr executives/professionals do? lmaohaha Income and Jobs 2 12-05-2012 06:03 PM
Professionals and Managers - Is Your Pay above the Median? Salary.sg Income and Jobs 174 04-10-2009 07:42 PM
Managers and Professionals - are your Salaries above the Median? Salary.sg Income and Jobs 27 11-12-2008 10:45 AM

» 30 Recent Threads
DBS tech seed programme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
886 Replies, 229,601 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,025 Replies, 2,518,549 Views
ST Electronics ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,350 Replies, 580,306 Views
IMDA (under MCI) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
126 Replies, 59,417 Views
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,748 Replies, 1,301,999 Views
How is HTX Associate Programme... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
32 Replies, 7,995 Views
All about Home Affairs Senior... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
183 Replies, 209,243 Views
GovTech Tech Associate Program... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
73 Replies, 37,489 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
13,867 Replies, 4,660,662 Views
Roles in accenture singapore ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,036 Replies, 529,060 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
12,669 Replies, 7,379,897 Views
UBS Financial Services Industry... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
633 Replies, 143,260 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,101 Replies, 2,539,168 Views
Exxon Mobil Equipment tech or... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,852 Replies, 613,238 Views
DSTA (under Mindef) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,023 Replies, 742,040 Views
NCS (SingTel subsidiary) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
564 Replies, 446,357 Views
Citibank Singapore ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
144 Replies, 101,834 Views
Cybersecurity/Info security career ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
128 Replies, 37,237 Views
If you can't find a company here... ( 1 2)
18 Replies, 1,817 Views
GIC (Government of Singapore... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
333 Replies, 455,837 Views
Grab Finance Graduate Programme...
3 Replies, 254 Views
Heineken APAC Graduate Programme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
276 Replies, 135,813 Views
Compilation of MAs/Analysts Gross... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
740 Replies, 204,327 Views
How much are you earning per annum? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
12,724 Replies, 4,369,756 Views
Starting Pay for CS/Ministries... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
250 Replies, 113,096 Views
DXC Technology
0 Replies, 72 Views
Y Ventures Group
0 Replies, 43 Views
Breaking the Letter Of Commitment... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
33 Replies, 26,849 Views
Tax ( 1 2 3)
22 Replies, 9,137 Views
UOB Management Associate Program ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
458 Replies, 279,643 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 06:18 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2