IMDA (under MCI) - Page 109 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Companies

Companies Discuss companies and organisations.

IMDA (under MCI)

Old 08-11-2023, 01:06 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
This company a lot of legendary figures. So many names to quote, Spencer, Adrian, June, Velda, Chloe, who else
that adrian and spencer got tagged in a IMDA linkedin post yesterday, looks like the top still likes them a lot

Old 11-11-2023, 10:56 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
that adrian and spencer got tagged in a IMDA linkedin post yesterday, looks like the top still likes them a lot
look at the people in CH recent "reflections" can tell they are literally his reflections, useless, no substance lowlifes

Old 12-11-2023, 08:17 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
I'm the 'poverty of leadership' commenter, heh. And it pains me to read your post. Am in ministry and the problems are exactly what you've documented here so clearly, except multiplied x10 because the ministry is much smaller, and obviously seen as a place for skorers to get an easy promotion and bounce on.

We are wholly dependent on IMDA colleagues, and the pathetic 'layerings' of 'policy input' we dribble on top of our submissions can't save entire divisions of staff who are ignorant (no fault of theirs if they are young and/or new), led by team leads/SADs/DDs/dirs who are equally ignorant and totally not invested in their staff because they know their time in the job is only temporary.

The absolute refusal by these 'leaders' (I never heard managers use this term on themselves 10 years ago but it seems to be very in vogue now to call oneself a leader as a substitute for real leadership) to recognize people with actual knowledge (they will gaslight you as being too 'ops' or 'technical'), and the insistence that people post out after two or three years max does not serve the staff, the organization and, ultimately, the country. However, dir-level positions are created seemingly every other month to create the illusion of advancement for scholars who bring nothing in terms of knowledge, and very little when it comes to people management.

But in the end, this wayang and exercise in musical chairs has to continue so that PSD is assured that it's maximised its ROI on the millions it spends each year on scholarships.

After all I've said above, you would think that the logical move is then to move to IMDA, and I've been fact heard this suggestion quite a few times. Unfortunately, after I've seen the effect LCH has even on long-serving staff, and what I've read in this forum, going to IMDA at this point would clearly be a leap from the frying pan into the inferno. Imagine my dismay when I heard that LCH's tenure at IMDA was extended for another two years because there was nowhere else in the public service he could move to.

I work with DCE Aileen's side of IMDA, and have nothing but respect for her. The IMDA colleagues I have spoken to feel the same. I wonder how she feels about the endless parade of SAF clowns and unqualified jokers who get to lord it over her when she's paid her dues and done her time.
IMDA Linkedin page only lists LCH and Kiren as senior management. There is a clear disparity in the way Aileen is treated compared to Kiren despite being a DCE as well. I agree that she must be indignant and hope she can leave this ****ing agency and end her suffering soon.

Old 13-11-2023, 02:34 PM
Unregistered

IMDA maciam warzone lidat?
Old 13-11-2023, 03:32 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
IMDA maciam warzone lidat?
With the former Chief of Navy in charge, what to expect?

Never fought in a real war, creates a "war" on home ground.
Old 13-11-2023, 03:47 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Damn you are absolutely right about the part on administering grants. It's just generic paperwork using MS Word and Adobe Acrobat. Even an intern that's paid 1k/month also can do.

The media industry cluster seems dysfunctional or to be more blunt, ****ed up.

Leadership structure is uneven with some teams led by a D and others by a DD or even a AD only. Is it even able to operate cohesively where some HODs are bigger than other HODs?

I guess this structural incongruity is the result of people quitting and HR's failure to attract new people.
Word got out to industry that it all leads back to the leadership, in this case their ACE.

Apparently he only parachutes his former telco/streaming platform people over, and most are only good for sucking up and claiming to be "overwhelmed" by any work.

Rumor is his only strategy is reacting to what CH says, often badly, and lashes out at his kah kia.

Even if there are working level that actually want to help industry, their hands are tied with incompetent leadership and **** colleagues. They end up spending most of their time writing emails/making presentation decks for CH's ego, on top of administering grants.

Old 14-11-2023, 10:25 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
With the former Chief of Navy in charge, what to expect?

Never fought in a real war, creates a "war" on home ground.
that sounds really sheety
Old 14-11-2023, 11:42 AM
Unregistered

Why does IMDA need a bunch of account managers without technical background called DISG? They have no ****ing value-add and act as a stumbling block for other colleagues trying to engage with companies. The multitude of reps reaching out to companies is giving off an impression of disorganisation. How is IMDA supposed to hold technical discussions when those responsible for managing the so called key accounts lack the necessary technical knowledge but insist on being included in every correspondence? Please close down this redundant department.
Old 14-11-2023, 03:41 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Why does IMDA need a bunch of account managers without technical background called DISG? They have no ****ing value-add and act as a stumbling block for other colleagues trying to engage with companies. The multitude of reps reaching out to companies is giving off an impression of disorganisation. How is IMDA supposed to hold technical discussions when those responsible for managing the so called key accounts lack the necessary technical knowledge but insist on being included in every correspondence? Please close down this redundant department.
i think u meant close down the entire IMDA????????????????????????????
Old 14-11-2023, 05:00 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
6 more weeks? i thought it's usually given at the end of the year or following month of the year end? don think i can stand for another full month
Seems like a lot of people are going to tender next month after receiving AWS. HR better be prepared to process all these resignations.