Compare civil service salary - Page 51 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




Compare civil service salary

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #501 (permalink)  
Old 21-01-2011, 02:07 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Hi all, I know the following is a bit irrelevant here, but I will like to consult all veterans here whether a stat board or ministry will check why you got downgraded in ns when you are offered a job? Like for me I got downgraded due to psycho illness. Thanks.



SG BusLeh mobile app
SG BusLeh - the best bus app - available on iPhone and Android


SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go


SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app
Reply With Quote
  #502 (permalink)  
Old 21-01-2011, 08:48 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Hi Bobo, first of all, i like to say that your comments are good and fair.
ignore that prick who only knows how to hurl rubbish without any facts to substantiate himself

But i managed to earn more than 5k in 4 years of working.
I am a 3rd class honours from NUS, mech engine.
Started off in a shipyard as an engineer with 2.4k per month.
Left the shipyard 3 years later at 2.8k per month.
Managed to get into a MNC at 5.1k per month.
So i say it is possible.

Reply With Quote
  #503 (permalink)  
Old 21-01-2011, 09:12 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default enough already!

Most discerning readers will know who is sharing hard truths, and who is spilling insecurity bile.

I make hiring decisions and the sad fact is that many qualified (some even highly) foreign job seekers are willing to do more with less. Although I empathize with the young fresh grads, sometimes it just does not make compelling business sense to hire them. Yes it may be short sighted but it is a moot argument under the existing government policies.

Reply With Quote
  #504 (permalink)  
Old 21-01-2011, 09:14 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi Bobo, first of all, i like to say that your comments are good and fair.
ignore that prick who only knows how to hurl rubbish without any facts to substantiate himself

But i managed to earn more than 5k in 4 years of working.
I am a 3rd class honours from NUS, mech engine.
Started off in a shipyard as an engineer with 2.4k per month.
Left the shipyard 3 years later at 2.8k per month.
Managed to get into a MNC at 5.1k per month.
So i say it is possible.
Hi, I suppose your 1st job as a shipyard engineer is at ST Marine? Why?, Because after 3 years with the same company, you only getting 2.8k when you start off with 2.4k. I assume during this 3 years, you got 3 annual increment + 1 promotion to senior engineer, from my brother(Also from ST Engineering group), every annual increment is about 3-4% & promotion is about 4-6%. Which is CMI.

I congrats you that you managed to jump ship to a new job, with about 82% jump increment to $5.1k per month. This is really alot!!!, almost double your previous salary of $2.8k. How you do it??
Reply With Quote
  #505 (permalink)  
Old 21-01-2011, 09:20 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi, I suppose your 1st job as a shipyard engineer is at ST Marine? Why?, Because after 3 years with the same company, you only getting 2.8k when you start off with 2.4k. I assume during this 3 years, you got 3 annual increment + 1 promotion to senior engineer, from my brother(Also from ST Engineering group), every annual increment is about 3-4% & promotion is about 4-6%. Which is CMI.

I congrats you that you managed to jump ship to a new job, with about 82% jump increment to $5.1k per month. This is really alot!!!, almost double your previous salary of $2.8k. How you do it??
Yes, you are right. How astute.

I got an "A" grade in my last appraisal so my bonus was quite a lot.
During my job interview with the MNC, i told him my pay was xxx.
I took my annual (including bonuses) and divide by 12.
They didnt ask if it was gross or included bonuses...so i kept quiet.

I ask for a certain % above this stated pay. They didnt bargain and gave me what i wanted.
Reply With Quote
  #506 (permalink)  
Old 21-01-2011, 11:38 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Yes, you are right. How astute.

I got an "A" grade in my last appraisal so my bonus was quite a lot.
During my job interview with the MNC, i told him my pay was xxx.
I took my annual (including bonuses) and divide by 12.
They didnt ask if it was gross or included bonuses...so i kept quiet.

I ask for a certain % above this stated pay. They didnt bargain and gave me what i wanted.
Lol, they(your new company) never ask you the last pay slip one when talking about your new salary??Haha...you are lucky man
Reply With Quote

  #507 (permalink)  
Old 21-01-2011, 02:24 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Hello Bobo and all

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobo View Post
Thanks. If you have 10 years experience, don't you think WDA is a bit small potato for you? Stat boards are already rather small organisations and WDA is like the small fish.

I know they call their fresh grads 'Mgrs' if that helps. I think its better to be known as an executive in a big company than an asst director in a small company.

Just my opinion. From my experience, it's quite amusing to see an assistant director or 'head' deal with my executive.
Well, I agree that 10yrs experience in the pte sector, especially in a SME had put my experience meter to overdrive, having to manage the business from scratch and not doing too shabby.

However, it is still a SME and MNCs definitely pay better, from what I see in this forum, even for the same job responsibilities.

Doing an MBA I guess will also help (minimum local uni if not IVY league schools). The quality of the MBA is impt, even when I hire myself as I know the gulf in standards too.

Finally, let's keep this forum useful and not let our emotions get in the way. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.
Reply With Quote
  #508 (permalink)  
Old 21-01-2011, 02:33 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Yes, you are right. How astute.

I got an "A" grade in my last appraisal so my bonus was quite a lot.
During my job interview with the MNC, i told him my pay was xxx.
I took my annual (including bonuses) and divide by 12.
They didnt ask if it was gross or included bonuses...so i kept quiet.

I ask for a certain % above this stated pay. They didnt bargain and gave me what i wanted.
May I know is your work experience related/transferable to this new MNC?

How did you get the interview, headhunted?

Love to hear success stories like this, happy for you

Another success story of an early 30s engineer


SG BusLeh mobile app
SG BusLeh - the best bus app - available on iPhone and Android


SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go


SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app
Reply With Quote
  #509 (permalink)  
Old 21-01-2011, 03:22 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Lol, they(your new company) never ask you the last pay slip one when talking about your new salary??Haha...you are lucky man
i have already moved on from that MNC.
But anyway, they didnt ask for my payslip. It was new setup, expanding in South East Asia so i guess they wanted to hire as soon as possible.

the work at the MNC was not entirely related of my work in the shipyard. got the job via a recruitment agency
Reply With Quote
  #510 (permalink)  
Old 21-01-2011, 03:50 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i have already moved on from that MNC.
But anyway, they didnt ask for my payslip. It was new setup, expanding in South East Asia so i guess they wanted to hire as soon as possible.

the work at the MNC was not entirely related of my work in the shipyard. got the job via a recruitment agency
how old are you? or u born in which year , 1982 or 1981 or 1980??
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
civil servants, civil service, government, law, lawyer, mx scale, public sector, scholar, scholarship, superscale

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Civil Service Pay - Director level curious Income and Jobs 140 06-07-2017 02:14 PM
Civil Service Bonus 2007 Salary.sg Income and Jobs 9 18-03-2010 12:42 PM
High Earners In Civil Service Salary.sg Income and Jobs 29 28-04-2009 10:29 AM
HK civil service salary hike Salary.sg Income and Jobs 5 21-11-2008 10:57 PM
Civil Service Bonus mid-2008 Salary.sg Income and Jobs 6 15-07-2008 01:40 AM

» 30 Recent Threads
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,043 Replies, 745,333 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,876 Replies, 1,111,920 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,881 Replies, 914,032 Views
Mid-Year Civil Servant Bonus 2018
5 Replies, 1,454 Views
Credit Suisse - Compliance... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
93 Replies, 39,604 Views
Working in a bank ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
511 Replies, 251,778 Views
Exxon Mobil Equipment tech or... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,298 Replies, 253,041 Views
Whats your net worth ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,595 Replies, 600,287 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
7,000 Replies, 3,709,174 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
970 Replies, 409,464 Views
Shell TDP ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
83 Replies, 15,192 Views
How long does SIA get back after... ( 1 2)
13 Replies, 5,267 Views
Shell Graduate program ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
135 Replies, 77,802 Views
Top paying companies in SG for... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
48 Replies, 26,800 Views
Should I pursue a Masters in...
0 Replies, 228 Views
Secondary School Ranking 2017
2 Replies, 5,076 Views
What makes Investment-Linked...
5 Replies, 5,697 Views
teaching English as a career
1 Replies, 379 Views
List of Management Associate... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
174 Replies, 81,860 Views
Job Application with MOE... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
159 Replies, 116,243 Views
How rich/poor am I compared to... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
41 Replies, 21,634 Views
Officer Role in Bank of Tokyo -... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
161 Replies, 108,889 Views
Civil Service Performance Bonus ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
928 Replies, 644,034 Views
AML/Compliance/KYC professionals... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,201 Replies, 323,741 Views
IRAS salary?
1 Replies, 525 Views
Really that bad for engineers? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,212 Replies, 740,256 Views
Cambridge Associates ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
37 Replies, 16,265 Views
Advice needed for a 30 yo male... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
41 Replies, 7,287 Views
Commercial Affairs Officer ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
38 Replies, 24,578 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 10:04 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2