Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Compare civil service salary
View Single Post
Old 21-01-2011, 03:24 PM
Unregistered

Default Hello Bobo and all

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobo View Post
Thanks. If you have 10 years experience, don't you think WDA is a bit small potato for you? Stat boards are already rather small organisations and WDA is like the small fish.

I know they call their fresh grads 'Mgrs' if that helps. I think its better to be known as an executive in a big company than an asst director in a small company.

Just my opinion. From my experience, it's quite amusing to see an assistant director or 'head' deal with my executive.
Well, I agree that 10yrs experience in the pte sector, especially in a SME had put my experience meter to overdrive, having to manage the business from scratch and not doing too shabby.

However, it is still a SME and MNCs definitely pay better, from what I see in this forum, even for the same job responsibilities.

Doing an MBA I guess will also help (minimum local uni if not IVY league schools). The quality of the MBA is impt, even when I hire myself as I know the gulf in standards too.

Finally, let's keep this forum useful and not let our emotions get in the way. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.