How much are you earning per annum? - Page 868 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries

How much are you earning per annum?

Old 06-10-2015, 01:47 PM
Unregistered

its not how much one earn.... its more of how much one saves by every month end, be it passive or active income.

many Singapore earns a lot but paying toward their debts, all the needs & 'wants' in life... maids, flashy cars, extravagant bags and foods. they are down to peanuts by month end.

My personal opinion , Who earns above S$10K /month SALARY & saves above 50% of total Passive and Salary income should be happy enough in Singapore.

Old 06-10-2015, 03:15 PM
Unregistered

This is true. There are many Singaporeans who are happily retired in JB. They rent out their HDB flat for S$2500 pm or RM7500 pm. They just spend about RM3000 pm for their household expenses in JB. They usually own their JB house and save on rent. Both their HDB flat and JB house are fully paid up. They also have passive income of $1000 pm from dividends, which they just save. This shows you don't need to have millions of dollars to retire comfortably, just need to be open minded about retiring in a cheaper foreign land. Many Westerners are already doing this. They work, earn and save in a city and then retire in a cheaper foreign land like Malaysia and Thailand. For us, we can easily retire in JB.

I think there is a doctor in this forum who is retired in JB or planning to retire in JB soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
its not how much one earn.... its more of how much one saves by every month end, be it passive or active income.

many Singapore earns a lot but paying toward their debts, all the needs & 'wants' in life... maids, flashy cars, extravagant bags and foods. they are down to peanuts by month end.

My personal opinion , Who earns above S$10K /month SALARY & saves above 50% of total Passive and Salary income should be happy enough in Singapore.

Old 06-10-2015, 04:44 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
This is true. There are many Singaporeans who are happily retired in JB. They rent out their HDB flat for S$2500 pm or RM7500 pm. They just spend about RM3000 pm for their household expenses in JB. They usually own their JB house and save on rent. Both their HDB flat and JB house are fully paid up. They also have passive income of $1000 pm from dividends, which they just save. This shows you don't need to have millions of dollars to retire comfortably, just need to be open minded about retiring in a cheaper foreign land. Many Westerners are already doing this. They work, earn and save in a city and then retire in a cheaper foreign land like Malaysia and Thailand. For us, we can easily retire in JB.

I think there is a doctor in this forum who is retired in JB or planning to retire in JB soon.
TBH, if one's HDB flat is fully paid up, anytime can retire in either SG or JB. If in SG, just do Lease buy back. That plus CPF Life - settled. If in JB, no need to say already....

the BIG question on retirement is actually NOT whether or not you have the assets/money to do it. Its actually whether at your current age do you have dependents or not.

If your kids are still not at Uni yet, it is highly unlikely you will stop working.

So the question of retirement is actually determined by the age at which you have your children....

Old 06-10-2015, 05:20 PM
Unregistered

So is the lesson learnt Not to have kids in Singapore so that you can afford to retire early?
Old 06-10-2015, 05:50 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
So is the lesson learnt Not to have kids in Singapore so that you can afford to retire early?
No, just marry early and have kids fast.
There are those who marry in their mid 20s and by the time they are 55, their kids are already working, married and living in their own BTO flat.
These people can then rent out their whole flat and retire in JB.
Many people are already doing this.
Old 06-10-2015, 08:29 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
No, just marry early and have kids fast.
There are those who marry in their mid 20s and by the time they are 55, their kids are already working, married and living in their own BTO flat.
These people can then rent out their whole flat and retire in JB.
Many people are already doing this.
one kid needs from S$400k (reasonably comfortable upbringing) onwards from born till age he finishes University. get this amount prepared amongst other committment.

Old 06-10-2015, 08:47 PM
Unregistered

Quote:

i agree with your opinion. although i am still working but i works and reside overseas. my HDB is rented out and my HDB is 100% totally Returned on Investment.

Retiring oversea is really one of my option. over the years i have been oversea, other than the priceless Singapore Passport, i kinda felt that Singapore has lost it IDENTITY. Its no longer a Country, its an 'International City".
Old 06-10-2015, 09:32 PM
Unregistered_101

You be surprised, there are quite a number of rich people who come to this forum. I means there are middle class people who are free and also rich people who are free so why not. Some of the previous post (not on this thread) one chap gave good stock advise and even supported some information of his network of private bankers and what they can do to build more wealth. Alas he doesn't seem to post anymore wasted.

As for the big canon talk its an anonymous forum so everything's taken with a pinch of salt, some guy told me his income tax is 7K per month I just reply him with a straightforward advise. There is no jealousy or whatever again anonymous forum right.

What I do find hilarious is people labeling themselves so easily as millionaire or multi-millionaire, we are familiar with other families (fortune from old money) who don't even say such things. These are egotistical tossers really.

People come here cause they bored like me ah

P/s 10K in bankings at 30's is quite achievable, higher achievers can hit 15/20K (not easy but fairly possible). Not sure about other industries.

Quote:
Really got many big cannon fairy here.

If really earn that much, they wont be coming here liao, enjoying life or working even harder to achieve more. Only those paid lowly ones will come here to big cannon fairy to make themselves better.

Realistically, maybe one or two cases of millionaire are real, the rest, big cannon fairy la. If you think about it, if you are really that rich (millionaire in 20s to early 30s) and earning 10K per month, will you be here? the answer is no, because you wont have time to come here as you will be busy earning money, like sales or high ranking position in banks or doctor.

So dont trust too much on the info in this forum. (My uncle is really rich, so I roughly know his schedule, he practically have no time to relax only except on Sunday to accompany his family for outing or when he take overseas leave).

Of course, I am envy of those who earn more than 10K in their early 30s or become a millionaire in their 20s or 30s, but some of them just dont seems realistic
Old 07-10-2015, 09:47 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered_101 View Post
You be surprised, there are quite a number of rich people who come to this forum. I means there are middle class people who are free and also rich people who are free so why not. Some of the previous post (not on this thread) one chap gave good stock advise and even supported some information of his network of private bankers and what they can do to build more wealth. Alas he doesn't seem to post anymore wasted.

As for the big canon talk its an anonymous forum so everything's taken with a pinch of salt, some guy told me his income tax is 7K per month I just reply him with a straightforward advise. There is no jealousy or whatever again anonymous forum right.

What I do find hilarious is people labeling themselves so easily as millionaire or multi-millionaire, we are familiar with other families (fortune from old money) who don't even say such things. These are egotistical tossers really.

People come here cause they bored like me ah

P/s 10K in bankings at 30's is quite achievable, higher achievers can hit 15/20K (not easy but fairly possible). Not sure about other industries.

We can use JobStreet to estimate how much one earn based on their years of experience and type of industries. You can play around with the expected minimum salary to narrow down the range of a specific position.

For example:

A production manager with 10 years experience in a biopharma company will get about 9000 SGD/month.
Old 07-10-2015, 03:49 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
We can use JobStreet to estimate how much one earn based on their years of experience and type of industries. You can play around with the expected minimum salary to narrow down the range of a specific position.

For example:

A production manager with 10 years experience in a biopharma company will get about 9000 SGD/month.
Actually monthly salary is quite meaningless.

Eg Manufacturing MNCs love to give high monthly salary but pathetic bonuses eg 9k x 14 mths = 126k which is quite pathetic.

On the other hand, polytechnic lecturers with a B grade may get 8k x 18 mths = 144k..