DBS Graduate Associate Program - Page 45 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




DBS Graduate Associate Program

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #441 (permalink)  
Old 02-03-2018, 06:41 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Exclamation

Hi, I applied for DBS SEED too, at the first face to face interview stage.

However, the HR took like 3 weeks to get back to me, and in the meantime I've received several offers from other companies, with salary in the high 4k. I haven't accepted any at this time, trying to stall for more time as I have several other applications in the pipeline.

I'd like to seek advice from all: Should I inform DBS HR about my other offers before going for the interview? I need to give the other companies an answer soon.
Also for those with more experience than us fresh grads: Any advice for us noobish fresh grads selecting our first job?

Reply With Quote
  #442 (permalink)  
Old 02-03-2018, 07:57 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi, I applied for DBS SEED too, at the first face to face interview stage.

However, the HR took like 3 weeks to get back to me, and in the meantime I've received several offers from other companies, with salary in the high 4k. I haven't accepted any at this time, trying to stall for more time as I have several other applications in the pipeline.

I'd like to seek advice from all: Should I inform DBS HR about my other offers before going for the interview? I need to give the other companies an answer soon.
Also for those with more experience than us fresh grads: Any advice for us noobish fresh grads selecting our first job?
Go for the other jobs instead of waiting.

Reply With Quote
  #443 (permalink)  
Old 03-03-2018, 11:03 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Go for the other jobs instead of waiting.
Thanks for advice, is that due to salary at DBS being lower, or DBS being a bad place to start a career?

Reply With Quote
  #444 (permalink)  
Old 04-03-2018, 08:26 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Thanks for advice, is that due to salary at DBS being lower, or DBS being a bad place to start a career?
Your other offers are also good with high 4k. I think for fresh grads these are already good offers.

You wont know if DBS will offer you so you should consider other offers first. Unless there is a strong reason on why you want to join DBS.

DBS is not a bad place. It is more stable than most of the foreign banks. Do note that they may pay you lower but their bonus is more stable and higher compared to most foreign banks.

For banking industry, it will be better to join local banks now. Foreign banks are always on a cost cutting mode and some businesses are not doing well. If you want to join DBS, make sure you join a function where your skill sets can be transferred to another industry.
Reply With Quote
  #445 (permalink)  
Old 04-03-2018, 09:48 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 9
synchron is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Your other offers are also good with high 4k. I think for fresh grads these are already good offers.

You wont know if DBS will offer you so you should consider other offers first. Unless there is a strong reason on why you want to join DBS.

DBS is not a bad place. It is more stable than most of the foreign banks. Do note that they may pay you lower but their bonus is more stable and higher compared to most foreign banks.

For banking industry, it will be better to join local banks now. Foreign banks are always on a cost cutting mode and some businesses are not doing well. If you want to join DBS, make sure you join a function where your skill sets can be transferred to another industry.

Hi, would you happen to know what the pay scale is like for DBS? Also, any info on career progression would be great.

I heard 4-4.2.
Reply With Quote
  #446 (permalink)  
Old 04-03-2018, 10:06 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by synchron View Post
Hi, would you happen to know what the pay scale is like for DBS? Also, any info on career progression would be great.

I heard 4-4.2.
Unfortunately no.
Reply With Quote

  #447 (permalink)  
Old 06-03-2018, 08:08 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Anyone got the panel interview recently? After the completion of the video interview.

For Consumer Banking (Distribution)
Reply With Quote
  #448 (permalink)  
Old 26-03-2018, 08:51 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Anyone got the panel interview recently? After the completion of the video interview.

For Consumer Banking (Distribution)
Have anyone heard anything? Kind of losing hope here.
Reply With Quote
  #449 (permalink)  
Old 10-04-2018, 08:00 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Just completed the tests and video interview for CBG last friday,


SG BusLeh mobile app
SG BusLeh - the best bus app - available on iPhone and Android


SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go


SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app
Reply With Quote
  #450 (permalink)  
Old 10-04-2018, 08:01 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Have anyone heard anything? Kind of losing hope here.
I just completed my online tests and video interview on the 6th april. Have u gotten a confirmation for the panel interview since?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
DBS Management Associate Program 2015 samtanjw Income and Jobs 71 20-12-2017 02:52 PM
Insurance Management Associate Program (IMAP) Cron Income and Jobs 8 07-05-2017 12:07 AM
Singtel Management Associate Program 2015 samtanjw Income and Jobs 70 13-01-2017 09:13 PM
Management Associate Program hexengeist Income and Jobs 0 05-09-2013 01:40 PM
Dive Management Associate Program Rickykoh Marketplace and Find Work 0 20-01-2013 12:30 PM

» 30 Recent Threads
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,025 Replies, 723,082 Views
Amazing Salary in Singapore
7 Replies, 858 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,869 Replies, 1,085,883 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,698 Replies, 862,059 Views
Which Skillsfuture courses do you... ( 1 2 3)
24 Replies, 13,701 Views
SMU Accountancy vs SUTD ISTD
3 Replies, 227 Views
Job Application ( Sales and...
0 Replies, 99 Views
Exxon Mobil Equipment tech or... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,278 Replies, 242,779 Views
Is my progress considered slow? ( 1 2)
10 Replies, 1,270 Views
Constituency Manager (People... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
552 Replies, 256,427 Views
Where do you Invest bitcoin for...
0 Replies, 114 Views
Life as a ICA Senior Officer ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
61 Replies, 69,744 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
6,979 Replies, 3,649,452 Views
How much are you earning per annum? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
11,435 Replies, 2,857,672 Views
Nervous during interview
9 Replies, 1,198 Views
SMU Accountancy vs SUTD ISTD
0 Replies, 93 Views
Nus Fass (econs) Vs Smu Biz
4 Replies, 164 Views
Civil Service Performance Bonus ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
913 Replies, 629,500 Views
anyone working at NCS ? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
251 Replies, 163,850 Views
Working in HDB ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
243 Replies, 153,570 Views
How much savings do you have? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,210 Replies, 395,591 Views
Job Application with MOE... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
154 Replies, 111,171 Views
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
720 Replies, 419,041 Views
Career as Social worker?
5 Replies, 476 Views
Company Culture
0 Replies, 238 Views
Shell TDP ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
61 Replies, 11,656 Views
Credit Suisse - Compliance... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
88 Replies, 36,691 Views
[Help] which path to take to be a... ( 1 2)
11 Replies, 8,561 Views
Schneider Electric - EGP (Grad... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
32 Replies, 3,476 Views
Supply Chain Sector
7 Replies, 810 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 02:09 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2