Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries


Starting salary

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #121 (permalink)  
Old 28-10-2012, 12:44 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

ntu engineering. pass degree.

just grad this yr (fresh grad)

annual income = ~49k

Reply With Quote
  #122 (permalink)  
Old 28-10-2012, 12:55 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
with 1st class (assume with NS), just join government will give you 3.8k to 4.2k range


private sector, can ask for 3k to 3.5k
But govt sector progress not so good right?
Furthermore most govt job not engineering related.

Dsta dso not my interest. I more into power engineering..
Dso too research based. Dsta mostly deal with implementing of defence tech.

Exxon do give 4k I heard.

Which are the more higher paying MNC in sg ah? Lol

Reply With Quote
  #123 (permalink)  
Old 28-10-2012, 01:15 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
But govt sector progress not so good right?
Furthermore most govt job not engineering related.

Dsta dso not my interest. I more into power engineering..
Dso too research based. Dsta mostly deal with implementing of defence tech.

Exxon do give 4k I heard.

Which are the more higher paying MNC in sg ah? Lol
but in government, you can hit 5.5-6.5k in 5 years..., (got engineer trained 2nd upper grad with NS doing ministry-work, for 5 years getting 5.8k already)


in private sector, exclude oil/gas/energy industry, maybe hit 4.5-5k in 5 years assume never jump ship for 1st class..


if you join singapore power, aka GLC, the increment is like 3-5% only.....maybe 3.5k starting!!

Reply With Quote
  #124 (permalink)  
Old 28-10-2012, 01:17 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
ntu engineering. pass degree.

just grad this yr (fresh grad)

annual income = ~49k
Hmm monthly worked out to be 3.2k++ with 3 mth bonus.

What industry is it? Whats the jobscope like??

Pass degree can get so high?
I guess it all depends on luck to get high pay job.
Reply With Quote
  #125 (permalink)  
Old 28-10-2012, 01:27 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

NTU 3rd class CEE
~ 130K pa after 9 years


SG BusLeh mobile app
SG BusLeh - the best bus app - available on iPhone and Android


SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go


SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app
Reply With Quote
  #126 (permalink)  
Old 28-10-2012, 02:19 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
but in government, you can hit 5.5-6.5k in 5 years..., (got engineer trained 2nd upper grad with NS doing ministry-work, for 5 years getting 5.8k already)


in private sector, exclude oil/gas/energy industry, maybe hit 4.5-5k in 5 years assume never jump ship for 1st class..


if you join singapore power, aka GLC, the increment is like 3-5% only.....maybe 3.5k starting!!
Hmm sp only 3.2k basic plus other benefits. Not very good.
Exxon I think within 2 years can hit 5k. No need 5 years so much.

What kind of govt work is good? What's their daily work life like?
Reply With Quote

  #127 (permalink)  
Old 28-10-2012, 02:30 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hmm monthly worked out to be 3.2k++ with 3 mth bonus.

What industry is it? Whats the jobscope like??

Pass degree can get so high?
I guess it all depends on luck to get high pay job.
you are correct on the monthly pay and bonus.

oil and gas industry. and yeah i would say i really was extremely lucky.
Reply With Quote
  #128 (permalink)  
Old 28-10-2012, 03:49 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
you are correct on the monthly pay and bonus.

oil and gas industry. and yeah i would say i really was extremely lucky.
Did you study chemical engine? They need knowledge in that area so u are highly sought after. Haha

I don't know what's the progress for mechanical and electrical engineer in oil and gas industry.
Reply With Quote
  #129 (permalink)  
Old 28-10-2012, 06:06 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Did you study chemical engine? They need knowledge in that area so u are highly sought after. Haha

I don't know what's the progress for mechanical and electrical engineer in oil and gas industry.
No didn't study chemical eng. Studied eee. TBH I think the progress sucks there though. I realized for O&G all the money is in the refinery itself, not in EPC. I am in EPC so yeah. Don't plan to stay long there.

Took the job just because I need some experience + for no honours, the pay wasn't too bad.
Reply With Quote
  #130 (permalink)  
Old 28-10-2012, 08:29 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
No didn't study chemical eng. Studied eee. TBH I think the progress sucks there though. I realized for O&G all the money is in the refinery itself, not in EPC. I am in EPC so yeah. Don't plan to stay long there.

Took the job just because I need some experience + for no honours, the pay wasn't too bad.
At least u got in a very niche industry. Good start. I think a good start in a career will pave the future path. Imagine getting a 2.8k job and lousy industry..when will u take to get the amount you are getting now. I thinking if I got chance to go o&g. What company are there other than shell and Exxon ah?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
salary range, starting pay, starting salary

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Fresh Grad with Masters starting salary in banking Novice Income and Jobs 18 09-02-2016 07:57 PM
Low starting pay in big 4 accounting firms Salary.sg Income and Jobs 6 14-12-2014 09:30 AM
Starting pay for a CPA (USA) in Singapore CPA (USA) Income and Jobs 17 06-02-2012 05:15 PM
NTU graduates starting pay Salary.sg Income and Jobs 0 18-05-2007 11:14 PM
SMU graduates starting pay Salary.sg Income and Jobs 0 13-03-2007 03:59 PM

» 30 Recent Threads
Changi Airport Group ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
202 Replies, 78,062 Views
How much are you earning per annum? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
10,329 Replies, 2,205,038 Views
Exxon Mobil Equipment tech or... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
570 Replies, 99,043 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
976 Replies, 382,331 Views
33 year old and helpless - Please... ( 1 2 3)
26 Replies, 3,018 Views
Learning Japanese in Japan and... ( 1 2)
12 Replies, 657 Views
AML/Compliance/KYC professionals... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
404 Replies, 107,847 Views
Is computer Science degree worth...
2 Replies, 1,005 Views
Grad with poly with GPA 3.6
2 Replies, 1,145 Views
Dsta ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
568 Replies, 207,475 Views
ST engineering starting pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
30 Replies, 3,597 Views
Working culture @ IDA ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
138 Replies, 100,991 Views
Bad experience with REGIONUP job... ( 1 2 3)
25 Replies, 16,107 Views
Corp Comms and PR people pls come... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
74 Replies, 9,792 Views
Working in a bank ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
475 Replies, 198,876 Views
Prospects in FMCG Companies... ( 1 2)
14 Replies, 5,933 Views
IT jobs ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
68 Replies, 6,898 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,164 Replies, 624,214 Views
SIM-UOL fresh grad starting pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,969 Replies, 723,678 Views
Career as Early Childhood /...
0 Replies, 92 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
619 Replies, 383,168 Views
HR-related Jobs - How much are you... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,156 Replies, 285,456 Views
Salary advice for graphic designer ( 1 2 3)
26 Replies, 6,544 Views
Personal Banker - advice ( 1 2)
19 Replies, 28,448 Views
Civil/Public Sector -... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
325 Replies, 77,826 Views
Trading (Crude oil) ( 1 2)
16 Replies, 3,856 Views
Anyone heard of being a ship... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
70 Replies, 97,785 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
6,229 Replies, 2,769,476 Views
List of Management Associate... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
154 Replies, 34,219 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2

All times are GMT +8. The time now is 10:52 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2