Starting salary - Page 22 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




Starting salary

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #211 (permalink)  
Old 29-05-2017, 06:43 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
What FO are you in? 55k all in does seem a little low. Now of course all this nonsense number about 10k monthly etc are bullshit la, but 55k all in is what a good grad in BO will probably earn in its first year. In fact OCBC and DBS ops grad program earns that amount in the first year.
Pretty sure that anyone who says 10k monthly for fresh grad is impossible is talking out their arse. It is very possible but only the 0.01% of each cohort will secure this.

Look at these articles on reputable news websites comparing BB FO pay in Singapore (not some random overseas country but right here in Raffles Place) and tell me that these journalists with insider access and sources are unreliable and that we should instead trust some anonymous dude trash talking on Singapore's most infamous salary forums?

://.straitstimes.com/business/top-interns-in-singapore-rake-in-up-to-10000-a-month-at-major-foreign-banks
://news.efinancialcareers.com/sg-en/212240/this-is-what-your-investment-banking-salary-should-be-in-singapore
://.straitstimes.com/lifestyle/companies-offer-hot-shot-interns-top-dollar

Cannot eat grapes say grapes sour, lol

Reply With Quote
  #212 (permalink)  
Old 29-05-2017, 07:43 AM
UnregisAntered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Pretty sure that anyone who says 10k monthly for fresh grad is impossible is talking out their arse. It is very possible but only the 0.01% of each cohort will secure this.

Look at these articles on reputable news websites comparing BB FO pay in Singapore (not some random overseas country but right here in Raffles Place) and tell me that these journalists with insider access and sources are unreliable and that we should instead trust some anonymous dude trash talking on Singapore's most infamous salary forums?

://.straitstimes.com/business/top-interns-in-singapore-rake-in-up-to-10000-a-month-at-major-foreign-banks
://news.efinancialcareers.com/sg-en/212240/this-is-what-your-investment-banking-salary-should-be-in-singapore
://.straitstimes.com/lifestyle/companies-offer-hot-shot-interns-top-dollar

Cannot eat grapes say grapes sour, lol
It comes with a cost though. Possible but you work more than 12 hrs each day.

Quote: I would be in the office at 6.30am and leave at 9pm," said Alex, explaining that he had willingly stayed back to read up on market news and prepare reports for the team for the next day.

He revealed that on the day of the "Brexit" vote results last June, most interns were in at 4am. "Expectations are pretty high; you work really hard if you want the full-time job. This can range from doing the most menial tasks like buying coffee three times a day, to automating spreadsheets for the team to make things go faster."

Reply With Quote
  #213 (permalink)  
Old 29-05-2017, 07:02 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnregisAntered View Post
It comes with a cost though. Possible but you work more than 12 hrs each day.

Quote: I would be in the office at 6.30am and leave at 9pm," said Alex, explaining that he had willingly stayed back to read up on market news and prepare reports for the team for the next day.

He revealed that on the day of the "Brexit" vote results last June, most interns were in at 4am. "Expectations are pretty high; you work really hard if you want the full-time job. This can range from doing the most menial tasks like buying coffee three times a day, to automating spreadsheets for the team to make things go faster."
of course, you have to sacrifice... no free lunch in this world. but just saying that there are students out there who earn 10k per month and haven't even graduated, 3 times the average salary amongst all employed in Singapore.

Reply With Quote
  #214 (permalink)  
Old 29-05-2017, 07:34 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
of course, you have to sacrifice... no free lunch in this world. but just saying that there are students out there who earn 10k per month and haven't even graduated, 3 times the average salary amongst all employed in Singapore.

Possible but not the norm. Still have to be realistic. No free lunch but the cost is too high.
Reply With Quote
  #215 (permalink)  
Old 01-06-2017, 04:56 PM
Medical residency
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Barely holding on

Hi, i just graduated from medical school now I'm in PGY1 as a local medical resident. We're paid peanuts and are always on call, we get all the late night shifts and go home at 8am. Sometimes at 12pm we are back on call again so most of us rather just sleep in the hospital. Now I'm thinking of the huge debt i from med sch and everyday we just keep telling ourselves to press on, because undoubtedly 4 hours of sleep and catnaps will take a toll on your health but we cannot compromise patient care because of this. It may be tiring but after all its worth the while cause everything ypu learn will somehow help you in your job in future, but of course in medicine, soft skills like interpersonal communication, an eye for details, making life saving decisions are all part of all we do. After all, who wants to be sued for negligence?
Reply With Quote
  #216 (permalink)  
Old 28-12-2017, 12:20 AM
zero_88's Avatar
Super Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 207
zero_88 is on a distinguished road
Default

Starting pay for associate consultant in Atos is $3500
Reply With Quote

  #217 (permalink)  
Old 03-01-2018, 03:57 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Investment banking grads in my company earn about 12-13k.

Feels bad man...
Reply With Quote
  #218 (permalink)  
Old 03-01-2018, 11:31 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zero_88 View Post
Starting pay for associate consultant in Atos is $3500
Got offered by tech consultancy @ 65k per annum.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
salary range, starting pay, starting salary

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Fresh Grad with Masters starting salary in banking Novice Income and Jobs 18 09-02-2016 08:57 PM
Low starting pay in big 4 accounting firms Salary.sg Income and Jobs 6 14-12-2014 10:30 AM
Starting pay for a CPA (USA) in Singapore CPA (USA) Income and Jobs 17 06-02-2012 06:15 PM
NTU graduates starting pay Salary.sg Income and Jobs 0 18-05-2007 11:14 PM
SMU graduates starting pay Salary.sg Income and Jobs 0 13-03-2007 03:59 PM

» 30 Recent Threads
GIC (Government of Singapore... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
320 Replies, 433,055 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
12,220 Replies, 7,069,844 Views
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,040 Replies, 1,114,273 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,776 Replies, 2,351,195 Views
Career as Insurance Agent - HR are...
2 Replies, 1,758 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
12,816 Replies, 4,238,331 Views
HDB (under MND) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
447 Replies, 353,339 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,812 Replies, 1,614,735 Views
GovTech ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
407 Replies, 286,272 Views
Cybersecurity/Info security career ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
75 Replies, 21,735 Views
Compilation of MAs/Analysts Gross... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
701 Replies, 163,260 Views
How rich/poor am I compared to... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
68 Replies, 62,086 Views
How much do you earn and save? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
282 Replies, 87,618 Views
How much does influencers make... ( 1 2)
10 Replies, 3,365 Views
Hospital (Private or Public)... ( 1 2 3)
28 Replies, 13,717 Views
ICA (under Home Affairs) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
107 Replies, 160,286 Views
IMDA (under MCI) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
87 Replies, 45,489 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,480 Replies, 1,311,289 Views
advice
3 Replies, 290 Views
DSTA (under Mindef) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
978 Replies, 700,534 Views
ST Electronics ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,277 Replies, 512,538 Views
MAS for Mid Career Professionals ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
440 Replies, 243,009 Views
Marsh Graduate Development Program ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
80 Replies, 31,544 Views
Anyone work for Casino (RWS/MBS) ?... ( 1 2 3)
28 Replies, 24,888 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,884 Replies, 2,396,078 Views
Our Children's Future in Singapore
2 Replies, 1,812 Views
Anyone jobless for a long time... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,046 Replies, 1,271,547 Views
Engineer Pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
269 Replies, 111,016 Views
Work culture in IHiS ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
124 Replies, 122,294 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 02:52 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2