Compare civil service salary - Page 727 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




Compare civil service salary

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #7261 (permalink)  
Old 11-10-2018, 01:39 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
What is your position then? Title allocation depends on the company and functions. Banks also give inflated titles as it is a requirement for them to face client. As for your company, senior engineers do not need to have that.
Titles are just titles. Job scope and salary is more reflective. As the poster said, DD get 300k. I also know of a pte company that pay DD 120k

Even my wife and parents do not know what my title is now. Whenever they ask I just say manager lah.

Reply With Quote
  #7262 (permalink)  
Old 11-10-2018, 09:08 PM
Verified Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 18
ridhwan1820 is on a distinguished road
Default Advice: Civil service job offer

Hello everybody. I am a fresh grad from local uni with a FCH. I have been trying and trying to get a civil service position for i prefer a career with stability. However, I havent had much luck until recently.

I have been offered a position in the civil service with a pay of 3550, which i find is fairly good - because most lab based jobs in research institutions (for my major) pay about 3-3.4k at most. However, the civil service position is only for 6 months so i am not entitled to bonuses etc. In addition, i did enquire if there is a possibility of renewal of contract at the end. The person that interviewed me told that "they will open the position up to the public and you will have to apply again just like everybody else- but you will have an advantage" . After getting the offer a few months later, I asked the HR the same question and the HR replied, "towards the end of the contract, if you see any potential positions up for taking, you can drop us an email so that we can consider you"..

I have been offered some research positions in universities- one that pays 3k flat (6 months) and one that may hit 3.3k if i am lucky (1 year). Any advice on this?

If i were to take the civil service job ($3550, 6 months), what are my chances of an internal transfer within the stat board. How will other civil service sectors view my resume when i apply for other government jobs towards the end of my contract. I am thoroughly OK with doing any degree-pay government job as long as it is within my comfort zone- teaching, customs, ICA, NEA etc, so i can afford to apply widely.

* ps I will be turning 30 next year, dont know if that is a negative in the civil service sector. Will be happy to get advise from the lao jiaos here.

Reply With Quote
  #7263 (permalink)  
Old 11-10-2018, 10:10 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default MSF AM/Mgr

Hi Guys,

I'm wondering whats the MX level for MSF's AM / Mgr?

overseas IT degree/master with 7 years exp, how much should i ask for?

Thanks for answering!

Reply With Quote
  #7264 (permalink)  
Old 11-10-2018, 10:50 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi Guys,

I'm wondering whats the MX level for MSF's AM / Mgr?

overseas IT degree/master with 7 years exp, how much should i ask for?

Thanks for answering!
MX13, maximum MX12

On salary, do you have experience that is relevant to your job scope? What was your last drawn?
Reply With Quote
  #7265 (permalink)  
Old 11-10-2018, 10:57 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
MX13, maximum MX12

On salary, do you have experience that is relevant to your job scope? What was your last drawn?
the position I applied requires at least 5 years of working experiences though..

yea have sort of relevant experiences, my last drawn was 4.7k with 7 years exp...
Reply With Quote
  #7266 (permalink)  
Old 11-10-2018, 10:59 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridhwan1820 View Post
Hello everybody. I am a fresh grad from local uni with a FCH. I have been trying and trying to get a civil service position for i prefer a career with stability. However, I havent had much luck until recently.

I have been offered a position in the civil service with a pay of 3550, which i find is fairly good - because most lab based jobs in research institutions (for my major) pay about 3-3.4k at most. However, the civil service position is only for 6 months so i am not entitled to bonuses etc. In addition, i did enquire if there is a possibility of renewal of contract at the end. The person that interviewed me told that "they will open the position up to the public and you will have to apply again just like everybody else- but you will have an advantage" . After getting the offer a few months later, I asked the HR the same question and the HR replied, "towards the end of the contract, if you see any potential positions up for taking, you can drop us an email so that we can consider you"..

I have been offered some research positions in universities- one that pays 3k flat (6 months) and one that may hit 3.3k if i am lucky (1 year). Any advice on this?

If i were to take the civil service job ($3550, 6 months), what are my chances of an internal transfer within the stat board. How will other civil service sectors view my resume when i apply for other government jobs towards the end of my contract. I am thoroughly OK with doing any degree-pay government job as long as it is within my comfort zone- teaching, customs, ICA, NEA etc, so i can afford to apply widely.

* ps I will be turning 30 next year, dont know if that is a negative in the civil service sector. Will be happy to get advise from the lao jiaos here.
Why limit yourself and not be open to the private sector? Most people at 30 would have 6 to 8 years of working experience since graduation. And will be peaking their careers at 35 to 40.

You are already lagging in terms of salary alone. You should go to a place where you can be rewarded fairly with your skillsets and not be stuck in civil service.
Reply With Quote

  #7267 (permalink)  
Old 12-10-2018, 06:30 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Why limit yourself and not be open to the private sector? Most people at 30 would have 6 to 8 years of working experience since graduation. And will be peaking their careers at 35 to 40.

You are already lagging in terms of salary alone. You should go to a place where you can be rewarded fairly with your skillsets and not be stuck in civil service.
Believe me, i actually tried applying industry jobs, both small and big biotech companies alike, but i didnt have much luck. People often advise me that PTE sector pays better but from what i see, only civil service sector pays "beyond the usual" for entry level at least. And its the norm that most of my grad mates end up doing saikang lab work at research institutes as their entry level job.
Reply With Quote
  #7268 (permalink)  
Old 13-10-2018, 12:35 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default What does this means?

Went for 1st interview and HR emailed me the following statement:

"Panel is keen to proceed further with your application, so let us have some time to conclude the formal recruitment processes. We will be in touch in the next 2-3 weeks if we can make a formal offer. "

what is formal recruitment processes and does it means I'm going to be offered?
Reply With Quote
  #7269 (permalink)  
Old 13-10-2018, 02:35 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Went for 1st interview and HR emailed me the following statement:

"Panel is keen to proceed further with your application, so let us have some time to conclude the formal recruitment processes. We will be in touch in the next 2-3 weeks if we can make a formal offer. "

what is formal recruitment processes and does it means I'm going to be offered?
If civil service terminology that essentially means "panel is keen to make you their bitch because we think u hv no better prospects career wise. So we can take our time with you and not worry that you will find an alternative option. Thanks and regards."
Reply With Quote
  #7270 (permalink)  
Old 14-10-2018, 02:02 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

I am recently offered a job offer from MOH that has the job grade G5.
Anyone knows what MX level is this equivalent to?

Can also advise what is the typical salary increment for civil service posts?


SG BusLeh mobile app
SG BusLeh - the best bus app - available on iPhone and Android


SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go


SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
civil servants, civil service, government, law, lawyer, mx scale, public sector, scholar, scholarship, superscale

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Civil Service Pay - Director level curious Income and Jobs 140 06-07-2017 02:14 PM
Civil Service Bonus 2007 Salary.sg Income and Jobs 9 18-03-2010 12:42 PM
High Earners In Civil Service Salary.sg Income and Jobs 29 28-04-2009 10:29 AM
HK civil service salary hike Salary.sg Income and Jobs 5 21-11-2008 10:57 PM
Civil Service Bonus mid-2008 Salary.sg Income and Jobs 6 15-07-2008 01:40 AM

» 30 Recent Threads
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,675 Replies, 1,198,124 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,014 Replies, 1,262,857 Views
ITE Polytechnic Scheme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
62 Replies, 34,399 Views
OCBC Graduate Talent Programme...
2 Replies, 328 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,231 Replies, 878,935 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
7,284 Replies, 4,060,210 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,105 Replies, 505,669 Views
Young graduate work as Poly...
1 Replies, 245 Views
Standard Chartered Bank Back Office ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
32 Replies, 40,325 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
353 Replies, 548,416 Views
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
751 Replies, 504,630 Views
Please Advise: First Time Job...
9 Replies, 2,387 Views
NUS working environment and pay... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
47 Replies, 32,039 Views
GSK Future Leaders Programme...
2 Replies, 299 Views
ExxonMobil... ( 1 2)
13 Replies, 1,793 Views
Reference Checks: Does SG HR... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
40 Replies, 45,939 Views
AML/Compliance/KYC professionals... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,235 Replies, 389,459 Views
Should I pay both sides of CPF?
8 Replies, 642 Views
How much are you earning per annum? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
11,499 Replies, 3,094,212 Views
How much savings do you have? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,218 Replies, 427,444 Views
Help in Career in Logistics and...
5 Replies, 2,139 Views
Constituency Manager (People... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
661 Replies, 305,921 Views
Roles in accenture singapore ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
194 Replies, 130,835 Views
Restructured hospital salaries ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
35 Replies, 32,391 Views
Salaries of Professors
6 Replies, 4,588 Views
Salaries of Professors in SG ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
120 Replies, 184,325 Views
Support staff at local law firms
3 Replies, 492 Views
Queries about Cpib application ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
887 Replies, 334,437 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 04:35 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2