Compare civil service salary - Page 717 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




Compare civil service salary

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #7161 (permalink)  
Old 13-08-2018, 09:08 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Similar to your case. Joined stat board from pte.
2014: started at 8.1k
2015: 8.8k (promotion) B grade
2016: 9.3k B grade
2017: 9.6k B grade, annual 180k
2018: 10.3k (promotion) B grade
40 this year. Compared to my peers, I was behind when I joined. One of my peers is already 2 appointments (grade wise might be even more) higher than me. Am I doing ok or should I consider moving back to pte? Concern is of course job security but I am confident of my ability to perform.
Just curious how much was your increment when you joined the stat board in 2014?

Reply With Quote
  #7162 (permalink)  
Old 13-08-2018, 09:33 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Just curious how much was your increment when you joined the stat board in 2014?
left without a job to take a long break. my monthly increased 1.1k but I suffered a significant reduction in annual package because I was compensated very well in pte sector. To be fair, I knew they were not able to match my annual and I was not too particular because I just told HR back then to offer me a fair wage (ensure internal parity). I only caught up with my 2013 pte sector annual package in 2016.

I only realised I was behind all 3 of my friends after I joined. Actually I did not mind but now I got the feeling that I was somehow shortchanged.

Reply With Quote
  #7163 (permalink)  
Old 13-08-2018, 09:59 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregis4tered View Post
left without a job to take a long break. my monthly increased 1.1k but I suffered a significant reduction in annual package because I was compensated very well in pte sector. To be fair, I knew they were not able to match my annual and I was not too particular because I just told HR back then to offer me a fair wage (ensure internal parity). I only caught up with my 2013 pte sector annual package in 2016.

I only realised I was behind all 3 of my friends after I joined. Actually I did not mind but now I got the feeling that I was somehow shortchanged.
What is the role that you are doing? I think civil service package is quite good in general.

I won't have taken the pay cut back then. A big sacrifice to me.

Right now if you value compensatiom more than stability, then go back to pte sector with the better pay.

Otherwise just stay put. For me I always go for the compensation than stability. No job is stable imo and I want to earn whatever I can while I am able to.

Reply With Quote
  #7164 (permalink)  
Old 14-08-2018, 07:57 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
left without a job to take a long break. my monthly increased 1.1k but I suffered a significant reduction in annual package because I was compensated very well in pte sector. To be fair, I knew they were not able to match my annual and I was not too particular because I just told HR back then to offer me a fair wage (ensure internal parity). I only caught up with my 2013 pte sector annual package in 2016.

I only realised I was behind all 3 of my friends after I joined. Actually I did not mind but now I got the feeling that I was somehow shortchanged.
so when you are 36 (in 2014), you already getting 8.1k from stat board.

i am 36 this year, only getting 5k in GLC.........so I am loser????


SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iPhone


SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go


SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app
Reply With Quote
  #7165 (permalink)  
Old 14-08-2018, 10:51 AM
Verified Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 16
Wisely is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Similar to your case. Joined stat board from pte.
2014: started at 8.1k
2015: 8.8k (promotion) B grade
2016: 9.3k B grade
2017: 9.6k B grade, annual 180k
2018: 10.3k (promotion) B grade
40 this year. Compared to my peers, I was behind when I joined. One of my peers is already 2 appointments (grade wise might be even more) higher than me. Am I doing ok or should I consider moving back to pte? Concern is of course job security but I am confident of my ability to perform.
Seriously? Stay Board is paying so well? 180k at age 39 is considerably high. And your colleagues are earning more than you at similar age? Is it a norm that all stat board are fetching such high salary?
Reply With Quote
  #7166 (permalink)  
Old 14-08-2018, 12:07 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisely View Post
Seriously? Stay Board is paying so well? 180k at age 39 is considerably high. And your colleagues are earning more than you at similar age? Is it a norm that all stat board are fetching such high salary?
I think it depends on the level of responsibilities and performance of staff. maybe poster is on those special schemes like legal or economist scheme.
Reply With Quote

  #7167 (permalink)  
Old 14-08-2018, 12:17 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Maybe time for salary revision to see if those working in govt sector are underpaid or overpaid for their type of work.
Reply With Quote
  #7168 (permalink)  
Old 14-08-2018, 01:05 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisely View Post
Seriously? Stay Board is paying so well? 180k at age 39 is considerably high. And your colleagues are earning more than you at similar age? Is it a norm that all stat board are fetching such high salary?
My peers are high achievers (and they are those that you would entrust to do government work because they are doing a darn fine job and are real public servants at heart). I am not as high achieving but a difference of 2 appointment levels is a big gulf at senior levels. I might not reach that level even if I work another 10 years. I was behind my peers when I joined and from the looks of it, the gap is likely to widen.

If you count salary per hour, we might not be too different because I put in very long hours now. my pte sector stint was the best - 8 hours workday and I was paid well (I crossed 100k before I was 30).
Reply With Quote
  #7169 (permalink)  
Old 14-08-2018, 06:10 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
My peers are high achievers (and they are those that you would entrust to do government work because they are doing a darn fine job and are real public servants at heart). I am not as high achieving but a difference of 2 appointment levels is a big gulf at senior levels. I might not reach that level even if I work another 10 years. I was behind my peers when I joined and from the looks of it, the gap is likely to widen.

If you count salary per hour, we might not be too different because I put in very long hours now. my pte sector stint was the best - 8 hours workday and I was paid well (I crossed 100k before I was 30).
That is good to hear you crossed 100k before 30. I am 30 and is around 85k. But my hours are good. 7 to 8 hrs per day.
Reply With Quote
  #7170 (permalink)  
Old 14-08-2018, 07:33 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Maybe time for salary revision to see if those working in govt sector are underpaid or overpaid for their type of work.
when was the last revision?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
civil servants, civil service, government, law, lawyer, mx scale, public sector, scholar, scholarship, superscale

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Civil Service Pay - Director level curious Income and Jobs 140 06-07-2017 02:14 PM
Civil Service Bonus 2007 Salary.sg Income and Jobs 9 18-03-2010 12:42 PM
High Earners In Civil Service Salary.sg Income and Jobs 29 28-04-2009 10:29 AM
HK civil service salary hike Salary.sg Income and Jobs 5 21-11-2008 11:57 PM
Civil Service Bonus mid-2008 Salary.sg Income and Jobs 6 15-07-2008 01:40 AM

» 30 Recent Threads
Big 4 firm rescind offers ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
50 Replies, 10,581 Views
Job offer from Apple ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
396 Replies, 69,808 Views
Anyone jobless for a long time... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,691 Replies, 1,011,845 Views
Summer Internships 2020
6 Replies, 99 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,977 Replies, 2,183,474 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,315 Replies, 1,468,443 Views
Our Poll Results: 45% Fresh... ( 1 2 3)
29 Replies, 15,541 Views
Local Uni Class of 2020 - COVID19... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
31 Replies, 3,121 Views
What is the usual salary for...
4 Replies, 1,785 Views
Q: Management Associate at SGX ( 1 2)
16 Replies, 6,048 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
9,118 Replies, 5,276,303 Views
Life as a ICA Senior Officer ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
102 Replies, 120,664 Views
Insurance Management Associate... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
30 Replies, 12,027 Views
Career at Keppel
3 Replies, 260 Views
MAS : Mid Career Professionals ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
119 Replies, 94,519 Views
OCBC Graduate Talent Programme... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
250 Replies, 74,354 Views
DBS Graduate Associate Program ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
663 Replies, 325,381 Views
Civil Service Performance Bonus ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,573 Replies, 1,219,580 Views
Pay for digital marketing agencies
6 Replies, 1,770 Views
merit increment in civil service ( 1 2 3)
25 Replies, 37,145 Views
Fresh Grad from local U cant find... ( 1 2 3)
23 Replies, 2,510 Views
Marsh Graduate Development Program ( 1 2)
14 Replies, 1,067 Views
Save A LOT on your Vitamins
5 Replies, 3,118 Views
Which degree is the best return on... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
69 Replies, 13,835 Views
Finding freelance web developer...
0 Replies, 107 Views
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
877 Replies, 715,843 Views
Singtel Management Associate... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
123 Replies, 79,592 Views
No progression in civil service... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
38 Replies, 20,875 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 07:20 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2